Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment date not taken into account

Options
  • 09-10-2018 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

I moved to Eir in June, I asked for a payment date after 25th of each month, I was told no problem. First bill was due 18th of the month, I called support last month and asked them to change the date to the 25th, no problem they said. This month I’ve received a bill, to be paid on 18th of the month. Why do Eir consistently tell me that the payment date is changed to one that suits me when it’s not actually happening. My current bill includes an unpaid dd fee of 18 euro because Eir didn’t implement my instructions when joining. Seriously?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

I moved to Eir in June, I asked for a payment date after 25th of each month, I was told no problem. First bill was due 18th of the month, I called support last month and asked them to change the date to the 25th, no problem they said. This month I’ve received a bill, to be paid on 18th of the month. Why do Eir consistently tell me that the payment date is changed to one that suits me when it’s not actually happening. My current bill includes an unpaid dd fee of 18 euro because Eir didn’t implement my instructions when joining. Seriously?
    Hi I had the same issue in the past. The eir billing cycle is the issue it cannot be tailored for an individual. So I now pay every month when I get my bill through the app or website on myeir. It might not suit you but this is how I resolved my issue to avoid issues of missing payments due to being billed a day before payday. So get the direct debit removed from your account and cancel the one with your bank if this is what you need to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi DubOnHoliday, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your bills. 

I'm afraid we are unable to change the billing dates as they are linked to your billing cycle. This is automatically picked by the system and we have no control over this. 

Apologies for the confusion, I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement