Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Sport casting problem

Options
  • 09-10-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

While I was originally able to cast to my Sony TV running Android, in recent weeks the app just gives me a "Can't Load Media" message while the TV says "ready to cast" - see attached photos.

Can you advise please?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

RonanC wrote: »
    Hi,

While I was originally able to cast to my Sony TV running Android, in recent weeks the app just gives me a "Can't Load Media" message while the TV says "ready to cast" - see attached photos.

Can you advise please?

Thanks
    Hi RonanC, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with this service. 

The best people to report this too is our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll be able to assist you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Hi. I am having a similar problem with my Sony TV..Did you get this resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Also having this issue on my Sony Tv, any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

opengoal wrote: »
    JeffCash wrote: »
    No, eir support tried to suggest that it was my TV at fault.  I find this unlikely as I can cast via other apps which would indicate that it is an eir issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I’ve the same problem. Funny thing is that it worked at first about 4 months ago but now I’ve to use chrome cast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

RonanC wrote: »
    JeffCash wrote: »
    No, eir support tried to suggest that it was my TV at fault.  I find this unlikely as I can cast via other apps which would indicate that it is an eir issue.
    I'm the same, can cast every other app e.g. spotify/all4..... with no issues and can play eir sport on my phone but as soon as I attempt to cast it receive the error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

I’ve the same problem. Funny thing is that it worked at first about 4 months ago but now I’ve to use chrome cast
    I have the same issue with 2018 Sony Bravia and iOS Eir Sport Green app.

Are you using a Chromecast device rather than the built in Chromecast?  Also are these issues all to do with casting from iOS devices to the Sony TVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

In my case, it is casting from an iPhone directly to the TV, no physical Chromecast device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi everyone.

I sent all your queries onto the department that deals with all eir Sport queries. They advised that we do not support devices that are using built-in castings capabilities so if you connect to an external chromecast, this should work.

We haven't updated anything on our app so nothing would be different there. Did any of your TV's receive any software updates recently? Can those you haven't tried an external chromecast device, please do so and let us know how you get on?

Appreciate all the help

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I sent all your queries onto the department that deals with all eir Sport queries. They advised that we do not support devices that are using built-in castings capabilities so if you connect to an external chromecast, this should work.

We haven't updated anything on our app so nothing would be different there. Did any of your TV's receive any software updates recently? Can those you haven't tried an external chromecast device, please do so and let us know how you get on?

Appreciate all the help

-Kyle
    That's a bit strange that built in Chromecast would be treated differently from the external device but I have borrowed an external one to test out your theory.  Will report back.

• Advertisement

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Appreciate all the help

-Kyle
    That's a bit strange that built in Chromecast would be treated differently from the external device but I have borrowed an external one to test out your theory.  Will report back.
    That will be great.

Thank you Tarquin1970

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Hi Kyle, thanks for checking this out. I can confirm that connecting an external chromecast to the TV works..also to answer your other question, I don't recall a software update in the last number of months on the TV.

Hi Kyle, thanks for checking this out. I can confirm that connecting an external chromecast to the TV works..also to answer your other question,  I don't recall a software update in the last number of months on the TV.
    Thank you so much for confirming this opengoal

Really appreciate it

-Kyle

External Chromecast (Gen 2) tested on 2 Sony tvs last night, casting works perfectly on both!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

had this same problem this evening trying to watch the Liverpool V Arsenal game and missed the whole first half because of it. Getting the copyright message
    Watching the 2nd half using an external Chromecast that I got for another telly a while back. Working OK.
    Cant understand why it wont work with the built in Chromecast in the Sony telly - this needs to be sorted Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

had this same problem this evening trying to watch the Liverpool V Arsenal game and missed the whole first half because of it. Getting the copyright message
    Watching the 2nd half using an external Chrome cast that I got for another telly a while back. Working OK.
    Cant understand why it wont work with the built in Chrome cast in the Sony telly - this needs to be sorted Eir

Advertisement