Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote:
    While Diana cannot agree with Laverne on this point, both are of a mind that Kendra's screech at seeing a mouse was as unnerving as it was unnecessary. Laverne's eyes move from the mouse to the biscuits and back, narrowing as they go, and she subtley reaches to remove a shoe.

OOC: I thought I was in squirrel form but this will work too :)

Squiramorph regards Laverne with a mousey stare and begins...

The Electric Mouse Boogaloo.

Dancing on her hind legs and tapping her tail to some unknown beat she begins this rarest of rare mousey customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Plas waits at the door of the room SM went into. Waiting for some signal or noise or queue to go in.

Really Plas is winging it and doesn't know what to do next.

Pter wrote:
    Plas waits at the door of the room SM went into. Waiting for some signal or noise or queue to go in.

OOC: The Electric Mouse Boogaloo involves a series of shrill mouse shrieks, will that do? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OOC : Hey, Kendra is under a lot of stress, maybe she has to be home to bring little Josh to soccer practice by 5pm but she's stuck under a table hoping not to get killed or raped (but if it's going to happen, that's her preferred order), and then she saw a squirrel and shouted Mouse because she's operating on norepinephrine and adrenaline right now! Do you think it's easy working for that bitch Diana on a good day?

What I mean to say is, Edited to Rodent! :D And now Plas knows the steps!

The sight of a squirrel dancing is too much for most of them. Kendra begins to point and scream. Joyce from Financial Services starts grabbing at Laverne, demanding she give the squirrel the biscuits before it gets bitey. Diana appeals for calm but is ignored by all. Joyce's assistant Orville reminds her how hard it can be to get chocolate stains out of that jacket and she really needs to sit down. This seems to snap her out of her hysteria long enough that Laverne gets a shot off with her shoe.
    Roll Co-Ordination, bonus of +2 while youre squirrel sized, vs 8 (Laverne rolled great co-ordination! Lucky for you it's not a great throw by her standards.)

• Advertisement

Plas hears a commotion inside the room so, fearing for his diminutive comrade, bursts into the room.

The shoe hits Squirramorph squarely in the choppers, knocking her over and spoiling the dance.

When Plasma Squirrel jumps around the corner and starts giving it some serious Whigfield, the bank employees lose their ****, though it's mostly figuratively apart from Darren from IT. Kendra has passed out, the rest of them are screaming while Orville tries to calm them. Diana from HR clambers out from underneath, keeping the table between her and Plas, trying to reconcile his villainous hat with his otherwise vigilantous appearance. She straightens her glasses and asks
    "...are you one of them?"

Squiramorph decides to conserve some energy and morphs back into human form, presumably causing more pandemonium.

'Good', she thinks. 'My head hurts from that bitch throwing her shoe.'

Banjo wrote: »
    The shoe hits Squirramorph squarely in the choppers, knocking her over and spoiling the dance.

When Plasma Squirrel jumps around the corner and starts giving it some serious Whigfield, the bank employees lose their ****, though it's mostly figuratively apart from Darren from IT. Kendra has passed out, the rest of them are screaming while Orville tries to calm them. Diana from HR clambers out from underneath, keeping the table between her and Plas, trying to reconcile his villainous hat with his otherwise vigilantous appearance. She straightens her glasses and asks
    "...are you one of them?"

Plas takes a quick look around the room to survey who and what is in the room (including possible exits to the roof). before answering her....

'My name is Plasma Squirrel - and the rodent in the room is Squirramorph - We came here to apprehend the villains that were robbing the bank. We managed to stop them hurting many of the people downstairs and stopped them emptying the vault. Also, i took this hat from one of them. Im convinced it has a larger purpose in their plot.

We just want to get out of here now without getting shot by SWAT; or without any of you being shot by SWAT. We mean you no harm, citizen.'

Plas holds his hands up in a gesture of peace as he says this.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Randy sticks his head past the doorway, to check out what all the commotion is about in the room.

IqOJ5EU.gif

"I thought we were supposed to get out of here... but damn, those cookies..." he thinks to himself.

giphy.gif

He snaps out of it, sneaks up to his team members (with cheetah like speed), before slamming himself (Randy front to their back - with cheetah like gracefulness) up against them, with his arms open and legs spread wide.

"Mummmmumumummummu... uuuuuu... mu...uuuuuuuhhhhhhh..." He udders, under his breath, as he whispers to his new found super friends, before gyrating up against them.

His arms remain in the air, but clearly some contact is being made.

Randy lets out a final thurst, slaps the belly and pushes inward.

giphy.gif

"All better...." he whispers as he playfully flicks each of his super team's ears.

As he moves from person to person, he slaps the ass with a sense of approval.

"On you go" as he moves to the next. (with cheetah like speed)

• Advertisement

Plas appreciates the sentiment but must chat to his new octogenarian super chum later about personal space.

Pter wrote: »
    Plas takes a quick look around the room to survey who and what is in the room (including possible exits to the roof). before answering her....

'My name is Plasma Squirrel - and the rodent in the room is Squirramorph - We came here to apprehend the villains that were robbing the bank. We managed to stop them hurting many of the people downstairs and stopped them emptying the vault. Also, i took this hat from one of them. Im convinced it has a larger purpose in their plot.

We just want to get out of here now without getting shot by SWAT; or without any of you being shot by SWAT. We mean you no harm, citizen.'

Plas holds his hands up in a gesture of peace as he says this.

"S...s....Squirramorph? And her dashing draymate the Plasma Squirrel? Oh my god! I read all about you in the Bystander! Laverne!"
    Diane wrests the biscuits from her colleague's grasp.
    "Please - have a biscuit, have all the biscuits you want!"
    In her haste and anxiety she accidentally spills a number of the digestives from the packet onto the table, causing a few of them to break and spreading crumbs everywhere. She begins to sob a little and whisper "thank you" over and over as she slumps against the table.

Orville pulls himself out from under the table.
    "so…. Uh…. Can we go? Are you gonna get the others?"

From the stairwell comes the sound of a door slamming a few times and shots being fired. The bank employees collectively jump and squeal. Diane grabs a spilled digestive and gets back under the table.

OOC : Squiramorph, Indigo Spirit and Twindigo are back on Full Stamina.

Plas appreciates the sentiment but must chat to his new octogenarian super chum later about personal space.

Randy notices Plasma's disapproval of his 'getting jiggy with it' to improve the longevity and health of his comrades.

He is suddenly hit with a feeling of shame, looks around the find the nearest corner, turns into it and sulks (patiently awaiting then next move).

GR0fQq3.png

"This is why I work alone..." he thinks to himself.

"S...s....Squirramorph? And her dashing draymate the Plasma Squirrel? Oh my god! I read all about you in the Bystander! Laverne!"
    Diane wrests the biscuits from her colleague's grasp.
    "Please - have a biscuit, have all the biscuits you want!"
    In her haste and anxiety she accidentally spills a number of the digestives from the packet onto the table, causing a few of them to break and spreading crumbs everywhere. She begins to sob a little and whisper "thank you" over and over as she slumps against the table.

Orville pulls himself out from under the table.
    "so…. Uh…. Can we go? Are you gonna get the others?"

From the stairwell comes the sound of a door slamming a few times and shots being fired. The bank employees collectively jump and squeal. Diane grabs a spilled digestive and gets back under the table.

OOC : Squiramorph, Indigo Spirit and Twindigo are back on Full Stamina.

'Of course! You are all free to go as far as i am concerned. However my advice to you is to lay low until SWAT clear the building and come up to bring you outside! What 'others'? Do you mean the other gang members, or are there more staff hidden somewhere in the building?'

Plas' do-gooder inclination is tingling

OOC: not a real power
    Randy notices Plasma's disapproval of his 'getting jiggy with it' to improve the longevity and health of his comrades.

He is suddenly hit with a feeling of shame, looks around the find the nearest corner, turns into it and sulks (patiently awaiting then next move).

GR0fQq3.png

"This is why I work alone..." he thinks to himself.

Plas notices the old man sulking into the corner (literally) and probably should have kept tighter control of his masked features. He makes a mental note to explain later that dancing is very much frowned upon in Squirrlan culture.

OOC: Next issue will take place in a nightclub then Banjo :D

Squiramorph bounds to her feet and eats whatever is left of the biscuits, enjoying them with reckless abandon.

'The Secret Squirrels thank you for these gifts' She says to the bank workers in between mouthfuls.

'Even...' *Crunch gnash* 'The one...' *Crumbs falling from her mouth* 'who shoed me.'

Once Squiramorph has finished her feast she turns to Plas.

'Let's make like squirrels and split this acorn, what you say Plas?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    Squiramorph bounds to her feet and eats whatever is left of the biscuits, enjoying them with reckless abandon.

'The Secret Squirrels thank you for these gifts' She says to the bank workers in between mouthfuls.

'Even...' *Crunch gnash* 'The one...' *Crumbs falling from her mouth* 'who shoed me.'

Once Squiramorph has finished her feast she turns to Plas.

'Let's make like squirrels and split this acorn, what you say Plas?'

Plas turns quickly to SM while waiting for an answer from the bank staff.

'See if you can scout ahead and find us a route to the copter that all 4 of us can take. And stay safe SM'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Indigo finishes off one of the biscuits before turning to Squiramorph.

"I'd prefer an easy way out of this bank if you don't mind, room for another in the Squirrelcopter? I take up very little room"

Plas turns quickly to SM while waiting for an answer from the bank staff.

'See if you can scout ahead and find us a route to the copter that all 4 of us can take. And stay safe SM'.

'On it Plas!'

Squiramorph wipes the remaining crumbs from her mouth.

Fourier wrote: »
    Indigo finishes off one of the biscuits before turning to Squiramorph.

"I'd prefer an easy way out of this bank if you don't mind, room for another in the Squirrelcopter? I take up very little room"

'The Squirrelcopter is always open to those who help us - well to a capacity of 4, so I'd say there's space for you friend!'

She heads back towards the stairs, quietly mouthing:

'Form of - a vole!'

Then she makes her way towards the restricted access doors.

Plas also asks the bank staff about how they might get onto the roof from the room they are currently in.

'Form of - a vole!'

To make sure she is okay, Indigo turns gaseous and follows Squiramorph.

• Advertisement

'Of course! You are all free to go as far as i am concerned. However my advice to you is to lay low until SWAT clear the building and come up to bring you outside! What 'others'? Do you mean the other gang members, or are there more staff hidden somewhere in the building?'
    "Well, Pris was in a meeting with some of the department heads, and she's not here so.... Definitely one, possibly both?"
    Plas notices the old man sulking into the corner (literally) and probably should have kept tighter control of his masked features. He makes a mental note to explain later that dancing is very much frowned upon in Squirrlan culture.

OOC: Next issue will take place in a nightclub then Banjo :D

OOC: You say that like there isn't one in this issue....

'Form of - a vole!'

They are big doors, certainly when viewed from the perspective of being a vole. A flashing LED draws her attention to a keypad requiring an access card. Inconsiderately, there are no obvious vole-sized holes in the door.

Plas also asks the bank staff about how they might get onto the roof from the room they are currently in.

"The roof?" Diana splutters. "We don't go on the roof!"
    Realising she's shouting she takes a deep breath.
    "They put a security door on after the recession hit, a few of the hedge fund managers.... well look, I know we have high ceilings but still, it's a 2 storey building. The sick pay those guys drew down... anyways, you don't get to the roof without a card any more. You'd need to speak to the Custodial staff maybe. Or Security?"

They are big doors, certainly when viewed from the perspective of being a vole. A flashing LED draws her attention to a keypad requiring an access card. Inconsiderately, there are no obvious vole-sized holes in the door.

Voleamorph returns to Plasma Squirrel and tugs on the bottom of his pants with her little voley teeth.

Once she has his attention she rears up on her hind legs and begins to make a series of voley gestures herself and Plas had conveniently only recently been working on to communicate while she was transformed

Necrominus wrote:
    Once she has his attention she rears up on her hind legs and begins to make a series of voley gestures herself and Plas had conveniently only recently been working on to communicate while she was transformed

'What's that SM? Some people are trapped down a local mine? Oh no that's not what you are saying....you found the door but need a key card.

Sorry I mistook your screeee for a scraaeee.

Ok so let's go find a security person or janitor to get them to bring us to the roof.'

Plas reminds the canteenees to lay low and moves down the stairs. All stealthy like.

OOC: Note to self. Must not kick door.

Squiravole dashes back out to the stairwell and looks around for any vents or ducts in the area.

OOC: Also I presume I can't just attempt to open the door as it's not mechanical?

As the supers seem to be getting a move on, readying themselves for whatever is next, Heffernan is compelled to do the same.

He turns to Orville.

"Your assistant manager, who ran out of the building screaming with tentacles popping out of him, was about to give me a stamp on my loan approval form... but with all the commotion, and the spontaneous tentacle growth, he made a real mess of things and forgot to submit the required documents for me".

He proceeds to explain the series of events that unfolded, starting with the events after the assistant manager barged out of the building.

".... So you see, I have put so much work in to make sure all are safeguarded, putting the priority and safety of others over my personal needs...".

Randy starts getting teary eyed.

"Time is not on my side, you see... With only a few days left, I was elated with the offering the bank made, as this meant I could finally recover and get back to focusing on the things that matter... KEEPING THIS CITY SAFE...".

"I just... I am not sure how much I have left in me..."

He proceeds to explain, with tears now rolling down his eyes "by the time the bank is open again, I will have lost everything...".

Wr1NbJi.png

He turns back to Orville and asks "Are you able to help this old man?".

Plas does a double take.

'Hold on - did that sexy young dude who previously duplicated himself just turn into a gas?'

'Gas dude - can you go find the missing members of staff' Plas says to the space in front of him, hoping Gas dude hears him.

• Advertisement

Indigo attempts to see if the doors have an air tight seal.

Advertisement