Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    To make sure she is okay, Indigo turns gaseous and follows Squiramorph.

OOC : Indigo? Twindigo? Both? Are you intertwining gaseously with your own brother, you perv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC : Indigo? Twindigo? Both? Are you intertwining gaseously with your own brother, you perv?

OOC: Some form of two headed man indigo. A mandingo hydra if you will.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Squiravole dashes back out to the stairwell and looks around for any vents or ducts in the area.

OOC: Also I presume I can't just attempt to open the door as it's not mechanical?

OOC : It's a door. I promise I'll include a robot door in something, just for you. But for now.... nope! I'm not trying to foil your powers, there are not many robot doors in most environments. Also, this next bit, that's just how offices do their airconditioning - don't hate the playa!

There are no obvious ducts - looking at the roof panels, it looks like the ducting and wiring for lights is behind them.

Indigo attempts to see if the doors have an air tight seal.

The doors are designed to deter casual access to the roof - Indigo should be able to squeeze between them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC : It's a door. I promise I'll include a robot door in something, just for you. But for now.... nope! I'm not trying to foil your powers, there are not many robot doors in most environments. Also, this next bit, that's just how offices do their airconditioning - don't hate the playa!

There are no obvious ducts - looking at the roof panels, it looks like the ducting and wiring for lights is behind them.

OOC: Hey, it's not really an issue for me, I can probably make it outside through the SWAT team and Wall Crawl to...

AnxiousVagueGuppy-small.gif

It's the others that might have a problem. Anyways...**

Squiravole dashes back down the stairs and stops to see are many SWAT team members around. If not, she climbs up the side of the teller window and hops over.

OOC: IIRC the door was stuck shut after attacking a SWAT member.

• Advertisement

As the supers seem to be getting a move on, readying themselves for whatever is next, Heffernan is compelled to do the same.

He turns to Orville.

"Your assistant manager, who ran out of the building screaming with tentacles popping out of him, was about to give me a stamp on my loan approval form... but with all the commotion, and the spontaneous tentacle growth, he made a real mess of things and forgot to submit the required documents for me".

He proceeds to explain the series of events that unfolded, starting with the events after the assistant manager barged out of the building.

".... So you see, I have put so much work in to make sure all are safeguarded, putting the priority and safety of others over my personal needs...".

Randy starts getting teary eyed.

"Time is not on my side, you see... With only a few days left, I was elated with the offering the bank made, as this meant I could finally recover and get back to focusing on the things that matter... KEEPING THIS CITY SAFE...".

"I just... I am not sure how much I have left in me..."

He proceeds to explain, with tears now rolling down his eyes "by the time the bank is open again, I will have lost everything...".

He turns back to Orville and asks "Are you able to help this old man?".

"Sure - I guess... I mean I'm with ForEx, so I can't approve it but.. but... but I bet if you get that loan I could get it turned into Pesos or Canadian Dollars in no time. You saved our lives, I mean I could turn it into euros in 2 days flat, and I'd give you the best rate over those two days too! The best!

Hey Beth! You're in Loan Ops, you can approve it, right?"

"Squirramorph needs a loan?"

"No, not her, the creepy old guy who was rubbing himself against her ass"

"Stop talking to me Orville. I think I hear Joyce's dry cleaner calling you!".

Orville offers Heffernan a pained shrug.

Pter wrote: »
    'What's that SM? Some people are trapped down a local mine? Oh no that's not what you are saying....you found the door but need a key card.

Sorry I mistook your screeee for a scraaeee.

Ok so let's go find a security person or janitor to get them to bring us to the roof.'

Plas reminds the canteenees to lay low and moves down the stairs. All stealthy like.

The Bank staffers start following Plasma Squirrel out to the stairwell in a crouched conga, like some bizzare PG human centipede.

As he approaches the stairs, Plasma Squirrel can hear multiple calls of "Clear!" "Clear!" "Clear!" getting closer.

'I dont like this - everyone back into the canteen. Ill talk to the SWAT officers and try to diffuse the situation' Plas says to his centipede tail.

Squiravole dashes back down the stairs and stops to see are many SWAT team members around. If not, she climbs up the side of the teller window and hops over.

OOC: IIRC the door was stuck shut after attacking a SWAT member.

OOC : The door closed voluntarily, and held itself closed for as long as it could. Alas, twas but one inter-chamberal divider, 'gainst the might of SWAT

As Volemorph scampers down the stairs there's a cry of "CONTACT!" and a burst of fire that kicks up on a wall way above her head.

*Thwack*
    "Sarge, I saw something!"
    "Christ, Wierzbowski! That could have been a civilian! Stand down - Go help them clear the hall out. Dietrich! Get up here!"

Volemorph darts behind a photocopier before she can be seen. She can see 4 SWAT team members advancing, a fifth heading around the corner to where the Teller area and security doors lie. Beyond, she can see a medic attending to an injured SWAT officer. There is no such due care offered to the poor door, now a sorry mess of reinforced wood and stringy fibres hanging from it's once-animated hinges.

'I dont like this - everyone back into the canteen. Ill talk to the SWAT officers and try to diffuse the situation' Plas says to his centipede tail.

When they turn, Rosie from Ops cries out, coming nose to arse with Darren from IT who's fear has manifested itself corporeally. Orville chuckles, having been the last man in the 'pede and now being spared that pain. Passing Heffernan on his way back to the break-out area, he repeats "Seriously, man. The best!" and gives a thumbs up.

OOC : Compelling "I need a loan" quality!

• Advertisement

OOC : The door closed voluntarily, and held itself closed for as long as it could. Alas, twas but one inter-chamberal divider, 'gainst the might of SWAT

As Volemorph scampers down the stairs there's a cry of "CONTACT!" and a burst of fire that kicks up on a wall way above her head.

*Thwack*
    "Sarge, I saw something!"
    "Christ, Wierzbowski! That could have been a civilian! Stand down - Go help them clear the hall out. Dietrich! Get up here!"

Volemorph darts behind a photocopier before she can be seen. She can see 4 SWAT team members advancing, a fifth heading around the corner to where the Teller area and security doors lie. Beyond, she can see a medic attending to an injured SWAT officer. There is no such due care offered to the poor door, now a sorry mess of reinforced wood and stringy fibres hanging from it's once-animated hinges.

Once the 4 SWAT members have passed her position, Voleamorph scampers out from her hiding space and heads through the broken door with a somber shake of her voley head for its noble sacrifice.
    She looks out to see the injured SWAT member and the medic and keeps to the wall to avoid being seen by them.

Plas calls out to the SWAT team

'Hello, can you hear me officers?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The doors are designed to deter casual access to the roof - Indigo should be able to squeeze between them.
    Indigo and Twindigo slip through out onto the roof.

Indigo looks around while Twindigo looks back at the door to see if it can be opened from this side more easily.

Once the 4 SWAT members have passed her position, Voleamorph scampers out from her hiding space and heads through the broken door with a somber shake of her voley head for its noble sacrifice.
    She looks out to see the injured SWAT member and the medic and keeps to the wall to avoid being seen by them.

Hugging the wall, Squiramorph narrowly misses being crushed by a heavy boot as the trigger-happy SWATer's replacement jogs up to take their place in the formation.

The customer hall is far easier to navigate now that the fog has cleared. Most of the customers have been cleared, being ushered out through the wreckage of the foyer. The Loomies have been removed. A couple of officers are limping out with assistance, one is being rolled onto a gurney near the door. Squiramorph can hug the walls left, which will bring her past the medic and injured SWAT officer, over towards the casual customer meeting area (where Heffernan started out), around to the right, behind the customer service desk and around by where she made a man hit himself in the balls, towards the customer toilets; or straight down the middle, using the customer service desk for cover, and out through the foyer.

From outside comes the sound of gunfire, squealing tires, a screaming whistle, an explosion - but it's distant enough that it doesn't bother the crowd outside visibly so probably isn't any cause for concern.

Indigo and Twindigo slip through out onto the roof.

Indigo looks around while Twindigo looks back at the door to see if it can be opened from this side more easily.

There's a button on the far side of the door. Clearly they were as worried about people on the roof having no alternative for getting down if they changed their mind as people in the building seeing the roof as the only way out.

Plas calls out to the SWAT team

'Hello, can you hear me officers?'

"CONTACT!"

"Jesus, Wierzbowski! Calm down and get back in the customer hall!"

The Sergeant calls up the stairs
    "We hear you. Now throw down your arms, put your hands behind your head and come down the stairs slowly. And don't trip, because with your hands behind your head you'll have to use your face as a brake."

Hugging the wall, Squiramorph narrowly misses being crushed by a heavy boot as the trigger-happy SWATer's replacement jogs up to take their place in the formation.

The customer hall is far easier to navigate now that the fog has cleared. Most of the customers have been cleared, being ushered out through the wreckage of the foyer. The Loomies have been removed. A couple of officers are limping out with assistance, one is being rolled onto a gurney near the door. Squiramorph can hug the walls left, which will bring her past the medic and injured SWAT officer, over towards the casual customer meeting area (where Heffernan started out), around to the right, behind the customer service desk and around by where she made a man hit himself in the balls, towards the customer toilets; or straight down the middle, using the customer service desk for cover, and out through the foyer.

From outside comes the sound of gunfire, squealing tires, a screaming whistle, an explosion - but it's distant enough that it doesn't bother the crowd outside visibly so probably isn't any cause for concern.

Squiramorph heads right, back through an area that gives her a strange sense of self-fulfillment, that she made a difference here. She stays in cover and loops around towards the foyer.

OOC: Just so i have it straight in my head. Bottom of the stairs is the security door Four just gassed through, and another door through which are the SWAT team?

"Jesus, Wierzbowski! Calm down and get back in the customer hall!"

The Sergeant calls up the stairs
    "We hear you. Now throw down your arms, put your hands behind your head and come down the stairs slowly. And don't trip, because with your hands behind your head you'll have to use your face as a brake."

Plas complies and does his best not to trip. He take off the pimp hat and stuffs it in his back pocket, for fear its supaflyness will alarm the SWAT Officers.

'Im descending the stairs now' Plas calls out to the cops.

• Advertisement

There's a button on the far side of the door. Clearly they were as worried about people on the roof having no alternative for getting down if they changed their mind as people in the building seeing the roof as the only way out.
    Twindigo hits the button and calls to the others.

"Alright guys roof is open, come on!"

OOC: Just so i have it straight in my head. Bottom of the stairs is the security door Four just gassed through, and another door through which are the SWAT team?

OOC : Why would the door to the roof be on the ground floor??? I'll draw a picture.
    464434.png
    Basically it's a standard stairwell, but to continue up past the current floor you need a pass. Or did before Indy and Twindy opened it for you.

And now you know why I don't put pictures into this game :D

OOC: I dont know why the door to the roof would be on the ground floor. I didnt design the building....in that case....

Plas stops going down the stairs (before he reaches that little landing bit between the two flights) and turns back to go up the stairs that leads to the roof.

'I just have to tie my shoes, officers - thank you for your patience - dont want to trip, as you had advised....'

Squiramorph heads right, back through an area that gives her a strange sense of self-fulfillment, that she made a difference here. She stays in cover and loops around towards the foyer.

There are two sheet-covered bodies amidst the wreckage of the van - presumably so as to avoid freaking out the customers being shepherded out. Outside the sidewalk and road immediately outside is cleared, with a cordon of police cars, SWAT trucks and ambulances across the road. Uniformed cops work with paramedics to guide the emerging customers to safety, where foil blankets and empty statement sheets await.

There's a gaping hole in the cordon where the cars have been pushed back violently, presumably by the gang escaping northbound towards the Skillet. Over the tops of the buildings, black smoke still drifts up from that direction - they may still be in the process of getting away, and it doesn't look like they're doing so cleanly.

OOC: I dont know why the door to the roof would be on the ground floor. I didnt design the building....in that case....

Plas stops going down the stairs (before he reaches that little landing bit between the two flights) and turns back to go up the stairs that leads to the roof.

'I just have to tie my shoes, officers - thank you for your patience - dont want to trip, as you had advised....'

There is no sound of SWAT pursuing him up the stairs as he creeps back up. At the top, the security door is open and stairs to the roof beckon.

Mr Heffernan is nowhere to be seen - a puddle of milk lies on the ground where he once stood.

OOC : It's up to (tw)Indigo whether or not he wants to be visible.

"Sorry….sir………only…….. What…… you……. See…… on……the …….menu ……"
    She gestures at the board behind her, featuring 4 different sizes of container filled with battered chicken bit (the aforementioned Relation-sized Receptacle, the Cock-a-doodle-Duo Dish (a couples-sized sharing platter), the Loner's Leg Locker and the Magnum, the picture of which suggests they batter and fry a whole unplucked, living chicken).

Before Shelly can reconsider her options, the teenager is gone to very….. slowly….. assemble… the…….. order…..

In the corner, a bratty teenager whines "I don't have to eat this! You're not even my real dad, Craig!" while another patron who had been aiming to take the seat promptly adjusts their trajectory to a wall counter.

The teenager returns, carrying a tray with 4 massive buckets full of chicken and an 8 litre flagon of cola on one hand, picking her nose with the other. She then reaches over and drops handfuls of straws, salt, ketchup, garlic dip and crumpled napkins onto the tray before presenting it to Shelly.

OOC : Don't worry about how we handle payment, micromanaging cash is outside of the scope when reasonable and it's within the means of your background for you to gorge like this occasionally.

There are two sheet-covered bodies amidst the wreckage of the van - presumably so as to avoid freaking out the customers being shepherded out. Outside the sidewalk and road immediately outside is cleared, with a cordon of police cars, SWAT trucks and ambulances across the road. Uniformed cops work with paramedics to guide the emerging customers to safety, where foil blankets and empty statement sheets await.

There's a gaping hole in the cordon where the cars have been pushed back violently, presumably by the gang escaping northbound towards the Skillet. Over the tops of the buildings, black smoke still drifts up from that direction - they may still be in the process of getting away, and it doesn't look like they're doing so cleanly.

Squiravole, still keeping close to the wall - heads for the gutter she climbed down when entering the building originally and heads upwards towards the Squirrelcopter as fast as she can.

There is no sound of SWAT pursuing him up the stairs as he creeps back up. At the top, the security door is open and stairs to the roof beckon.

Mr Heffernan is nowhere to be seen - a puddle of milk lies on the ground where he once stood.

OOC : It's up to (tw)Indigo whether or not he wants to be visible.

Plas heads up the stairs and out the door onto the roof and gets into the Squirrelcopter, waiting for the others to join him before he fires up the engine.

Indigo and Twindigo float into the helicopter in their gas form to save space for others.

"The Squirrelcopter itself" Indigo thinks to himself "What amazing deeds have been performed from this cockpit" He is in the company of heroes now.

• Advertisement

OOC: Is this a visible gas? Like do i know you are here in the copter? Word of advice, dont touch anything that looks like it has DNA on it.

Advertisement