Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Banjo wrote: »
    The teenager returns, carrying a tray with 4 massive buckets full of chicken and an 8 litre flagon of cola on one hand, picking her nose with the other. She then reaches over and drops handfuls of straws, salt, ketchup, garlic dip and crumpled napkins onto the tray before presenting it to Shelly.

OOC : Don't worry about how we handle payment, micromanaging cash is outside of the scope when reasonable and it's within the means of your background for you to gorge like this occasionally.

Shelly's face lights up as the food arrives, she quickly skims her ident past the reader and grabs the tray and heads for the booth, placing a bucket of chicken on each quadrant of the table and digging in to the one in front of herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pter wrote: »
    Plas heads up the stairs and out the door onto the roof and gets into the Squirrelcopter, waiting for the others to join him before he fires up the engine.

Arriving at the top, Plasma Squirrel finds the Squirrelcopter sitting in a field of grass in which a cow grazes. An unconscious Loomies lies close by - clearly the antitheft precautions worked!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Squiravole, still keeping close to the wall - heads for the gutter she climbed down when entering the building originally and heads upwards towards the Squirrelcopter as fast as she can.

She arrives safely at the top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

She arrives safely at the top.

Squiramorph returns to human form and runs for the chopper as if some type of... Predator.... was after her.

She jumps into the passenger seat.

'We all here? Let's get this flying rodent in the sky!'

sKeith wrote: »
    Shelly's face lights up as the food arrives, she quickly skims her ident past the reader and grabs the tray and heads for the booth, placing a bucket of chicken on each quadrant of the table and digging in to the one in front of herself.

The chicken is delicious - succulent whole-muscle mini fillets, fried in a chilli salt, then eggwashed and fried again in a slightly peppery batter, at once crispy and juicy and soggy with grease. Across the table, Craig smiles as he chews on a drumstick, flicking his eyes at Tony Jnr, who's resistance has been completely worn away by the irresistible smell of Red Rooster's finest.

" 'm sorry Craig," Tony Jnr slurs between chews, " I was just hungry I guess. Just sometimes I...I..."
    "Hey sport, it's okay. I'm not here to replace your father. But I'll always be here for you if you need a friend, right buddy?" He smiles, first at TJ, then at Shelly. "We'll all be here for eachother. Forever."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necrominus wrote:
    'We all here? Let's get this flying rodent in the sky!'

'Almost....any idea what's the deal with the cow? And this unexpected roof field?''

Before waiting for an answer, Plas turns to the cow through the door of the Choppa.

'Mooooo?'

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

'Almost....any idea what's the deal with the cow? And this unexpected roof field?''

Before waiting for an answer, Plas turns to the cow through the door of the Choppa.

'Mooooo?'

"Mooo to you comrade..." he says.

"I got giddy of the thought of riding with the squirrel squad, but prefer to remain anonymous as I am in fact, not registered..." he proceeds to explain.

"I told myself I would get to it later, but here we are, 30 years later and the paperwork keeps piling up... tomorrow though?!"

He looks at plas and proceeds to give him a hoofsup, in approval of the 'lets get going and do this thing' attitude.

He looks at plas and proceeds to give him a hoofsup, in approval of the 'lets get going and do this thing' attitude.

Plas is surprised but really isn't. The moo clues had been there since he met the old man.

Plas fires up the engine of the Squirrelcopter.

'ok gang, where are we headed?'

Plas is surprised but really isn't. The moo clues had been there since he met the old man.

Plas fires up the engine of the Squirrelcopter.

'ok gang, where are we headed?'

Squiramorph turns to Plas.

'Well - we could go home for a nice hot brew of acorn tea...

Or... the Loomies that escaped seem to have left a trail for us to follow. You'll see the smashing time they had when you take off and look down at the road.'

Plas engages the vertical lift and sure enough he sees a trail of destruction leading from the bank. He engages the thrust and follows the trail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Idigo and Twindigo, since they can't talk, just float and see where they're taken.

Plas hands SM a babywipe and whispers for her to clean up the DNA intake.

Plas hands SM a babywipe and whispers for her to clean up the DNA intake.

SM wipes down the seats and the cow costume, which seems to have a LOT of DNA on it.

'I don't think this is ours, Plas... Ewwwwww!'

'live and let live SM. Let's not forget that time you got in with that gang of rats and went toilet pipe diving'.

A little north of the bank, past a number of dented, street-parked cars and gushing holes that used to be fire hydrants, there's a huge figure lying prostrate on the ground, covered in a yelowwy residue, unable to get up.
    250px-High_Noon_Leader-1.jpg
    (Except more obviously a dude in an exoskeleton. And the street isn't purple. This isn't Glee!)

Theres no immediate sign of the vans or the gang.

Fourier wrote: »
    Idigo and Twindigo, since they can't talk, just float and see where they're taken.

Indigo begins to feel a profound loneliness as Twindigo fades

Plas pulls them up 20m from the exoskeleton and hovers a few feet above the ground.

'sexy dude and old man; I hearby temporarily induct you into the secret squirrels. May your tails always be bushy. Go check out the mech. I'll keep the copter toasty in case things get squirrelly.'

A little north of the bank, past a number of dented, street-parked cars and gushing holes that used to be fire hydrants, there's a huge figure lying prostrate on the ground, covered in a yelowwy residue, unable to get up.
    250px-High_Noon_Leader-1.jpg
    (Except more obviously a dude in an exoskeleton. And the street isn't purple. This isn't Glee!)

Theres no immediate sign of the vans or the gang.

Squiramorph casts her mind into the exo-skeleton to see if she can fiddle with anything. Gears, joints or hinges - something mechanical.....and not door like:o

Plas pulls them up 20m from the exoskeleton and hovers a few feet above the ground.

'sexy dude and old man; I hearby temporarily induct you into the secret squirrels. May your tails always be bushy. Go check out the mech. I'll keep the copter toasty in case things get squirrelly.'

He looks at Plas with disbelief at what he is suggesting.

1SYU354.png

"Uh... surely I will plummet to my death...".

The man in the cow costume looks around for some kind of repelling system.

"Im not sure about this..." he says as he frantically looks around for a 'safe' way down, not expecting to make the 'superhero landing'.

Squiramorph casts her mind into the exo-skeleton to see if she can fiddle with anything. Gears, joints or hinges - something mechanical.....and not door like:o

There's very little she can't monkey with. The arms contain servo-assists and the legs are almost entirely robotic. While the weaponry may have some guidance or smart features beyond her reach, she can almost hear the shoulder turret pleading to be turned and fired. However, she can also sense the will of the pilot to whom these systems normally bend - she won't get control without a fight.

• Advertisement

There's very little she can't monkey with. The arms contain servo-assists and the legs are almost entirely robotic. While the weaponry may have some guidance or smart features beyond her reach, she can almost hear the shoulder turret pleading to be turned and fired. However, she can also sense the will of the pilot to whom these systems normally bend - she won't get control without a fight.

Squiramorph tries to take control of the turret in order for the Squirrelcopter to get in closer for a scan of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Indigo floats out of the copper and resolidifies on top of the mecha.

"Hey pilot! You okay in there?"

"Im not sure about this..." he says as he frantically looks around for a 'safe' way down, not expecting to make the 'superhero landing'.

Plas lands the damned Choppa.

"Thank you my friend..." he says as he hops out and scoots over to his happy tree friend and their new gaseous but sexy comrade.

"Anybody seen one of these before?" he says as also he tries to recall whether this mech is of a familiar design.

'No' Plas calls out from the pilot seat in the choppa

Squiramorph tries to take control of the turret in order for the Squirrelcopter to get in closer for a scan of the area.

OOC : Roll Power Level! (vs Willpower) Target is 7

Fourier wrote: »
    Indigo floats out of the copper and resolidifies on top of the mecha.

"Hey pilot! You okay in there?"

He responds, his voice amplified and modulated by unseen speakers into a deep and slightly metallic growl,
    "I'm fine. Just my pride wounded. Wait - Get your hands off my turret! Get back!"
    He struggles to rise but is unable to break through his waxy bonds.

OOC : Necro rolled a Moderate Success
    The turret rotates away from the mech pilot's head to point parallel to the ground. The pilot himself lets out a groan of frustration but stops fighting.
    "Who are you and what do you want? Can't you at least get this candleman gick off my face so I can see what's going on?"

OOC : Necro rolled a Moderate Success
    The turret rotates away from the mech pilot's head to point parallel to the ground. The pilot himself lets out a groan of frustration but stops fighting.
    "Who are you and what do you want? Can't you at least get this candleman gick off my face so I can see what's going on?"

Squiramorph lightly calls to Plasma Squirrel - 'Turret secured, scan the area for hostiles.'

To the mech pilot she projects:

'Can't help with the gick unfortunately, just making sure you don't hurt any of us while we figure out who you are. Who attacked you? Or are you lying here as a trap for us?'

• Advertisement

OOC: Banjo what can I get away with in terms of scanners within the Squirrelcopter? I propose radar as standard, movement & satellite thermal imaging on top of that. With some sort of tagging feature so the satellite can pinpoint anyone we tag for surveillance. Maybe a decent AI that can conduct a risk assessment....? Pwetty pweease?

Advertisement