Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

The man in the cow costume, (AKA, Old man, MooMan, MosCow) starts shuffling around in the Squirrel hovel in the hopes to find some kind of absorbent, tissue, towel, pillow, bedding, socks or anything typically used to wipe things onto.

With the lacking response of the Rufert AI, he searches for the exit in the hopes of taking in some of the sweet rural air, and to gain some bearings on their exact location.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Plas sees the old man searching for the exit.

'its that way.....the way you just came....'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Indigo walks with reverence down the tunnels, mouth open, what tales of sheer justice these halls must have been witness to.

He runs a bit to catch up with Plasma Squirrel.

"Sir? What is in the Danger Room, is it a training room? Battle simulation?"

He imagines battling images of Khorlic demon hoards , the faceless men, the Unfathomable Question and various other top tier ne'er-do-wells.

'Exactly that my sexy young male friend. If you are willing, you can enter and test your skill and power against many different forms of simulated foe.'

Pter wrote: »
    'Exactly that my sexy young male friend. If you are willing, you can enter and test your skill and power against many different forms of simulated foe.'
    "Wicked! Can you take me there now?!" Indigo says pleadingly.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote:
    "Wicked! Can you take me there now?!" Indigo says pleadingly.

'Of course.'

Plas is a little wary of the young hero's naiive enthusiasm, but perhaps he will learn a little more about him if they train together.

Plas moves to the door of the danger room and opens it, inviting the young man inside.

Plas presses the necessary buttons to generate a challenging training exercise involving being attacked by multiple Greyon enemies.

'Prepare yourself friend' he says to the sexy young dude.

'Oh.....and what should I call you? I don't think I ever caught your name'

Plas presses the necessary buttons to generate a challenging training exercise involving being attacked by multiple Greyon enemies.

'Prepare yourself friend' he says to the sexy young dude.

'Oh.....and what should I call you? I don't think I ever caught your name'
    "Name's Indigo Spirit sir, well that's my hero name...heh secret identity and all"

Indigo braces himself and concentrates, muscles attuned to his surroundings, he'd read about the Greyons, time to see what they were like up close.

Randy thanks PM and heads over to the exit, before noticing the Cantina.

He remembers the leaking issue, checks his map and decides to scurry over to the designated bathroom to take care of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The Danger Room is an impressive size for something that was carved from the earth with nothing but brute strength and some improvised automatons made of discarded white goods. Though it cannot be ignored that when you spend your days and nights fighting crime there's not a lot of time for housework.
    p1020937.jpg

A figure momentarily appears in the middle of the room and clears it's throat politely.

465579.png
    "Excuse me sir, I do not wish to intrude but the Nachos are cooling rapidly in.."
    - he affects a cartoonish mexican accent -
    "la cantina. I could reheat them but I regret my programming as a humble vertical take off assistant does not afford me the insight to understand the wisdom of using the plasma jet exhaust from an interstellar rocket to heat food in the first place, let alone assess the potential hazards of repeated applications. I fear if said Nachos are not consumed soon, we may well have a viable physical alternative to the holographic wonders of the Danger Room loose in the complex."

The rancid gym equipment fades from view, replaced by the earthy forest floor of Squirrelon IV, towering silver-barked trunks holding a vast canopy high overhead. 4 silhouettes materialise in the clearing, frozen in combat poses.
    465580.png

Rupert clears his throat again.
    "Full power, Señor? I mean sir?"

'full power Rupert'

• Advertisement

Plas advances on the nearest Greyon and swings a punch at it's stupid grey face.

Randy thanks PM and heads over to the exit, before noticing the Cantina.

He remembers the leaking issue, checks his map and decides to scurry over to the designated bathroom to take care of the problem.

The florescent light comes on automatically as he enters the room.
    squat-toilet-300x300.png

OOC : Player knowledge only : Neither Plasma Squirrel nor Squirramorph have plumbing specialities, and there's no Septic Tank listed on Pter's specifications so... just stand back when you flush, 'k?

Banjo wrote:
    OOC : Player knowledge only : Neither Plasma Squirrel nor Squirramorph have plumbing specialities, and there's no Septic Tank listed on Pter's specifications so... just stand back when you flush, 'k?

OOC: Ah go on and give us the implied septic tank

Plas advances on the nearest Greyon and swings a punch at it's stupid grey face.

The Greyon's face folds back in on itself even as it sails through the air, colliding with a tree truck with a satisfying crunch and sliding to the forest floor.

R.U.P.E.R.T. has changed into something more befitting a master of ceremonies for gladiatorial combat.
    "Quite right sir, there is no point standing on protocol with these heathens. 1 point to you! Now.... FIGHT!"
    Paul-Bettany.jpg

The fallen Greyon is replaced, and the quartet begin to circle menacingly.

Edit - I should have said Let's roll!

Banjo wrote: »
    The florescent light comes on automatically as he enters the room.
    squat-toilet-300x300.png

Randy hunches over as much as his back will allow it and feels the anticipated rumble, as an early warning system, kick into gear.

He squats and takes a great deal of care in his aim, the hole in the ground is after all, something very familiar to him.

He does his business, turns around and pads himself on the back. Not a single drop, droplet, drip or droop missed the target.

Randy turns around and looks for the sink, washes his hands and reaches for the towel.

"Oh...ewwww... I am not sure how long thats been there, or what that has been used for" Randy thinks to himself as he turns around again to grab some T.P. only to realize, obviously there is non when there is only that hole in the ground.

With his hands still dripping, he walks out of the bathroom and into the Cantina.

There was an earlier mention of Nacho's, Randy now remembers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC : Did she drink the whole 2 Litre bottle? And tell me, did she go before she left? Bladder check imminent!

Surprisingly, the 3rd is not the challenge she might have expected. If anything, it's as if the first 2 buckets of chicken are holding back her stomach walls to make room for their brother.

Note : due to the Difficulty roll I was going to ask you to oppose with Awareness coming out as less than your awareness I'll spare you the roll. This is why it's better for the player to roll both the Effort and Difficulty rolls themselves!

Shelly notices a couple of pasty-looking oriental gentlemen entering the establishment, wearing Kato masks and carrying suspicious looking brollies. It's not raining. The first mutters "不正行為をやめる。 あなたは日本語を話せません。" to the second, who nods and walks towards the men's bathroom, while his companion gets into a queue. He swallows awkwardly as if suppressing a belch.
    465445.png
    What? I can't draw umbrellas! Or anything else!

Shelly squeezes out of the booth and stands very still for a minute, allowing her new cargo to adjust. She then proceeds through the door to the women restroom. About 15 minutes later Shelly come back through the restroom doors and easily slips back into her seat at the booth.

She swaps her empty bucket with the last remaining full bucket of chicken and digs in.

As he enters the kitchen from the toilet, the lights flicker off and the hum of the kitchen machinery dips a little as if in a brown-out, but it's fleeting. As the lights come back up, an uncomfortable voice offers a reticent
    "buenas tardes"
    and in one corner a jet of flame engulfs a serving platter of nachos held in what might be an oven or the outflow nozzle from a rocket.
    465617.png
    "Ping" the voice adds as the flame stops abruptly. The nachos sizzle invitingly.
    465618.png

sKeith wrote: »
    Shelly squeezes out of the booth and stands very still for a minute, allowing her new cargo to adjust. She then proceeds through the door to the women restroom. About 15 minutes later Shelly come back through the restroom doors and easily slips back into her seat at the booth.

She swaps her empty bucket with the last remaining full bucket of chicken and digs in.

OOC : At the risk of being indiscrete, am I to assume that there is now more room for chicken? If so - you know the rolls!

She notices idly that the highly suspicious oriental gentlement have left.

Shelly takes the last bucket of chicken from the empty place setting.
    "No mom!" Tony Jr implores, "Don't take Mr Babadook's chicken! He'll get angry he'll..." his words are choked off by a small startled squeal, and he pulls his current nugget from his mouth - it's covered in blood, and sparkles where shards of glass poke out. As blood trickles down the corner of his mouth he begs "Please give it back! Please!"

As he is greeted by the voice, he is distracted by the flames and notices the nachos.

"Vete a freír espárragos..." Randy says as he gesticulates into the air.

Randy looks around to see if there is a fridge of sorts, as the nacho's look a tad... dry...

• Advertisement

There is a fridge. A regular one, not a comedy run-down one. Inside he finds typical fare for a middle-income household with squirrelish leanings. (i.e. you can ad lib but go easy on the truffle oil and lobster thermidor)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Squiramorph finishes her checks on the shrunken Squirrelcopter and removes her mask to wipe her brow.

She checks her pits and shudders at the smell, before heading inside and making for the bathroom. A smell hits her as she is outside the door.

'Oh....my....God....!!! RUPERT! We have a Code Brown, I repeat - A CODE BROWN! This is not a drill! And er.... can you make it snappy, I stink and need a shower. Thanks!'

The Greyon's face folds back in on itself even as it sails through the air, colliding with a tree truck with a satisfying crunch and sliding to the forest floor.

R.U.P.E.R.T. has changed into something more befitting a master of ceremonies for gladiatorial combat.
    "Quite right sir, there is no point standing on protocol with these heathens. 1 point to you! Now.... FIGHT!"

Indigo Spirit stands back, slightly overawed, as the 4 Greyons pile on to Plasma Squirrel, nibbling and clawing at him. The visored verman bursts out from beneath the bushy morass, punching one hard in the solar plexus and sending him tumbling across the underbrush. Emboldened, Indigo steps in, engaging one of the squirrel men while Plas deals with the remaining 2, the preeminent pair dodging vicious paw strikes and deadly acorn tosses as one by one their foes fall, until but one remains.

The final greyon backs away and lets out a chilling, high pitched cry of "ooooooooohlaaaaaaaaaah!", the call rallying his fallen bothers to his side -they clamber on each other, like drowning men up a hairy grey rope, their arms and hind quarters knotting together and melding, until what stands before the heroes is not 4 foes, but one. It unleashes a blood curdling scream and charges.

Indigo Spirit, keen to show what he can do, meets that charge and is slammed to the ground. Greyon Prime then swipes at Plasma Squirrel with paws more suited to the evisceration of enemies than the gathering of a store for the winter. Plas feels his guts split apart like a ripe conker, but clings to consciousness - desperately juxtaposing his knowledge that it isn't real with the need to keep believing in the simulation to avoid it ending prematurely. He tries to counterpunch but the Greyon swats him away easily.

Seeing his mentor in danger, Indy leaps to his feet and whistles. Enraged the giant squirrel charges again, lips curled back from his iniquitous incisors, and he dives at the vernal venturer - Indigo Spirit waits till he sees the pinks of his foes eyes before turning to gas and letting his bushy bane pass through him - the greyon stumbles, losing his balance.

Seeing their chance the crackerjack combo begin to rain blows down on the beast, Plasma Squirrel working the body while Indigo Spirit locks it in a cobra clutch. As they pillory the vanquished vermin, the simulation freezes.
    "Excuse me sir, there's someone at the front door. I believe we have an appointment to have the septic tank emptied?"
    OOC: Ah go on and give us the implied septic tank

See above :D
    There is no obligation to go through answering the door, showing them to the various connection points for the pump and what not. Feel free to cut to later! But then we don't get to have a fantastic voyage where Squirramorph gets sucked down the toilet she was trying to unblock when the tanker pump starts up and the team have to race against time to save her before she drowns in Heffernan's rancid ****e. As the players, it's your game, it's your call.

Edit : worth noting for those not involved in the fight earlier - while the Greyon Prime had very high prowess and strength, far too much for either of the 2 guys to handle alone, they used a power-based manouevre to put him at a disadvantage, then used that disadvantage to get him in a wrestling hold and from there he was easy meat. That's the power of friendship weaponised!

Indigo Spirit stands back, slightly overawed, as the 4 Greyons pile on to Plasma Squirrel, nibbling and clawing at him. The visored verman bursts out from beneath the bushy morass, punching one hard in the solar plexus and sending him tumbling across the underbrush. Emboldened, Indigo steps in, engaging one of the squirrel men while Plas deals with the remaining 2, the preeminent pair dodging vicious paw strikes and deadly acorn tosses as one by one their foes fall, until but one remains.

The final greyon backs away and lets out a chilling, high pitched cry of "ooooooooohlaaaaaaaaaah!", the call rallying his fallen bothers to his side -they clamber on each other, like drowning men up a hairy grey rope, their arms and hind quarters knotting together and melding, until what stands before the heroes is not 4 foes, but one. It unleashes a blood curdling scream and charges.

Indigo Spirit, keen to show what he can do, meets that charge and is slammed to the ground. Greyon Prime then swipes at Plasma Squirrel with paws more suited to the evisceration of enemies than the gathering of a store for the winter. Plas feels his guts split apart like a ripe conker, but clings to consciousness - desperately juxtaposing his knowledge that it isn't real with the need to keep believing in the simulation to avoid it ending prematurely. He tries to counterpunch but the Greyon swats him away easily.

Seeing his mentor in danger, Indy leaps to his feet and whistles. Enraged the giant squirrel charges again, lips curled back from his iniquitous incisors, and he dives at the vernal venturer - Indigo Spirit waits till he sees the pinks of his foes eyes before turning to gas and letting his bushy bane pass through him - the greyon stumbles, losing his balance.

Seeing their chance the crackerjack combo begin to rain blows down on the beast, Plasma Squirrel working the body while Indigo Spirit locks it in a cobra clutch. As they pillory the vanquished vermin, the simulation freezes.
    "Excuse me sir, there's someone at the front door. I believe we have an appointment to have the septic tank emptied?"

See above :D
    There is no obligation to go through answering the door, showing them to the various connection points for the pump and what not. Feel free to cut to later! But then we don't get to have a fantastic voyage where Squirramorph gets sucked down the toilet she was trying to unblock when the tanker pump starts up and the team have to race against time to save her before she drowns in Heffernan's rancid ****e. As the players, it's your game, it's your call.

......*Cut to later in the cantina*

Plas sure is glad the septic tank maintanence went off without a hitch.

He grabs a juice smoothie from the fridge and sits down to wait for the others to join him, as they had earlier agreed, so that they can discuss the day and what they should do next.

Necro wrote: »
    Squiramorph finishes her checks on the shrunken Squirrelcopter and removes her mask to wipe her brow.

She checks her pits and shudders at the smell, before heading inside and making for the bathroom. A smell hits her as she is outside the door.

'Oh....my....God....!!! RUPERT! We have a Code Brown, I repeat - A CODE BROWN! This is not a drill! And er.... can you make it snappy, I stink and need a shower. Thanks!'

OOC : This places you in the Kitchen with MosCow while Indi and Plas are fighting a giant rodent down the hall.

There's a beep and in the bathroom a cupboard unlocks revealing a plunger and a can of Glade.
    "It's at times like this I regret that no nose to smell, nor body to lay down for thee. But you have my sympathies."

Banjo wrote:
    There's a beep and in the bathroom a cupboard unlocks revealing a plunger and a can of Glade. "It's at times like this I regret that no nose to smell, nor body to lay down for thee. But you have my sympathies."

Squiramorph sighs.

'What am I paying you for again, Rupert?

Errr... scratch that actually. Ok, wish me luck.'

She brandishes the plunger and Glade in front of her and lightly pushes the bathroom door open.

'Right now I'd sooner be fighting nut punching Loomies than what I'm about to do....'

Necro wrote: »
    Squiramorph sighs.

'What am I paying you for again, Rupert?

Errr... scratch that actually. Ok, wish me luck.'

She brandishes the plunger and Glade in front of her and lightly pushes the bathroom door open.

'Right now I'd sooner be fighting nut punching Loomies than what I'm about to do....'

"Madam, you do not pay me. Service is its own reward. If anything, by broadening the scope of my programming and virtual presence to encompass not just all features and function of the aircraft but also the entirety of your rural demesne, the extent of my... reward... has become positively deslondian.

Good Luck"

OOC :
    Necro - Wait, are you expecting me to present you with a mini-toilet cleaning adventure? You can buy yourself out of this if you can activate a relevant quality (at a cost of 1DP) to run a Difficulty 3 Machine Control test to build a toilet unblocking machine out of whatever's handy. Or there's the lab. If you're going with the plunger though....

Nebelwerfer - what did Heffernan have for dinner last night, and does he have any unusual gut flora or parasites that might mutate when in close proximity to an engine powered by Squirrelite Ore?

OOC: Cant believe you went for the toilet first over your lab :D

Banjo wrote:
    OOC : Necro - Wait, are you expecting me to present you with a mini-toilet cleaning adventure? You can buy yourself out of this if you can activate a relevant quality (at a cost of 1DP) to run a Difficulty 3 Machine Control test to build a toilet unblocking machine out of whatever's handy. Or there's the lab. If you're going with the plunger though....

OOC: Oh thank God. DP point it is.

And all I wanted was a shower :(

• Advertisement

OOC: Do rats shower?

Also; RATS OUT.

Advertisement