Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

The memories of the Nachos grown fonder in Randy's mind as time passes on.

"Smokey, Charred, Bubbling Cheesy Molten Lava... Hmmmmmmmmmm...." He starts drooling as he reminisces on the Cantiña finger food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sKeith wrote: »
    Shelly hums the tune to the early morning breakfast show she had on while making and eating her breakfast that morning, she can't seem to get it out of her head.

She tries to recall a map of the train routes around this vast metropolis and in an attempt to assist her remembering, she wanders left, avoiding any cracks in the pavement, but also keeping watch for maps or pamphlets of the train system.
    She takes note of each establishment she passes along the route.

She has no need of a pamphlet, for she recalls the map perfectly in her mind, with a clarity that defies description, even for illustrative purposes. The near perfect circle of the C-Loop linking the four islands together, with it's tangential intercity spurs headed north and south. The avenues and boulevards, side streets and alleyways, a dotted blue line that she realises is probably the ferry route, a blinking green light on Munroe that's probably her apartment and a bunch of red dots, one brighter than the others - oh, that's all the chicken places in the City that she's tried, their luminescence governed by the sheer volume of protein and grease she was able to process both in and out of her body in one sitting.

OOC : What, you want me to draw it for you? Have you seen my drawings? Use your imagination!

Meanwhile, she busies herself cataloguing every shop she sees in alphabetical order.
    A. Aaron Aaronson and Sons
    Aardvaark Ark Repair
    Aargau Du Fromage
    Abacus R Us
    Abaddon's House of Nice Ices
    Abalone by Angelo
    Abattoir Bijou
    Abby Anderson's Agency of News
    etc etc.

Pter wrote: »
    'good work indigo. Let's go tell the others'

Plas makes his way to the cantina, giving Squirramorph a quick shout to join them when she can while he goes.

Meanwhile, beneath it's cloche in the kitchen of the Fortress of Squirrelitude, the big red phone begins to ring.
    LS-Batman-The-Commissioners.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Plas hears it ringing and runs into the cantina. He nods a nod of acknowledgement at the old man and picks up the cloche before answering the ringing phone.

'This is Plasma Squirrel'

As Plasma Squirrel enters the room, to answer the phone that just started ringing, Randy realizes this is no ordinary phone, this may be the call they've all been waiting for. A call to action, a call to demand service of the cities superheroes OR perhaps, a call to announce the new shipment of Nacho's is on their way and they have thrown in a bucket of cheezewiz for free.

Barely able to contain his excitement he looks at Plas and nods a nod of acknowledgement in acknowledgment of the nod of acknowledgement he received from Plas when he entered the room.

• Advertisement

Plas nods while on the phone. That kind of a nod you nod to someone so they know you know they know that you nodded at them.

Randy nods along with Plas's nods, even though he is unsure what the nods of acknowledgement indicate; though he is certain Plas's nods are clearly coming across even for those unable to physically see those nods.

Plas stops nodding.

Plas starts nodding again. Not in a weird way. In a normal way that someone who is on the phone nods.

The nodding continues for some time.

There's a brief hesitation, then "Um...Plasma... Squirrel? Hi! This is Sgt. Xiang Posicion down at the 4th Precinct - I got your number from the Crouton. Look, we have a situation downtown, triple homicide, and Lt. Gale said you were the guys to call; The city needs your help!"
    She pauses.
    "So... uh... yeah, there it is. How does this work, what happens now?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Squiramorph enters the cantina all refreshed and observes the nodders.

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    There's a brief hesitation, then "Um...Plasma... Squirrel? Hi! This is Sgt. Xiang Posicion down at the 4th Precinct - I got your number from the Crouton. Look, we have a situation downtown, triple homicide, and Lt. Gale said you were the guys to call; The city needs your help!"
    She pauses.
    "So... uh... yeah, there it is. How does this work, what happens now?"

'Where was the homicide? We can be there shortly to assist.'

'Where was the homicide? We can be there shortly to assist.'

"The bank, First National. Dunno if you heard but there was a robbery - no, it was a frickin' assault - on the bank earlier. Skillet scum. I won't lie to you, it's a mess - we've got a guy was electrocuted on the roof, another it's like his brain was just wiped and he forgot to breath, fella got his head crushed by a door and that's before we count the cops who were caught in a blast upstairs.

A lot of people died in there and the mayor wants answers. No stone unturned. We need the Bushy-tailed Bloodhound on this. Truth be told we probably could have used your help earlier, but look, I know we're all busy since Apex disappeared, you can't be everywhere. Their widows will understand. And there's still time to make a difference on this one, we can bring these bastards to justice. Can we count on you?"

OOC: You really know how to tug at my moral heartstrings Banjo :D

'I see. I need to consult with Squiramorph on this before we can act. We will attend the scene or update you on our plan to apprehend the culprits as soon as we can.'

Plas puts down the phone to end the call. He stops nodding. He briefs SM and the old man (and Indigo if he is around) on the call and details therein.

'What do we do gang. We need to come clean to the cops, dont we? But it doesnt sit right with me not doing so without apprehending the gang who robbed the bank.'

Plas frowns a conflicted frown.

'Thoughts?'

Pter wrote:
    'What do we do gang. We need to come clean to the cops, dont we? But it doesnt sit right with me not doing so without apprehending the gang who robbed the bank.'

Squiramorph sits down and looks at Plasma Squirrel gravely.

'Normally yes. However.... the way I see it, it was kill or be killed Plas. They had a guy with a rocket launcher trying to take us out for Acorns sake!
    I mean, it depends on what examples we wish to set, right...
    And I ain't no billionaire who gets squeamish about the death of a few goons.
    But it's your call as always Plas.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Well I think that gang needs to be caught, we were simply doing what was right, if we tell the police it will complicate things needlessly, best we keep it to ourselves for now, at least until we have apprehended those criminals. It's whats best for the public Mr. Plasma Squirrel"

Indigo cannot help but feel abject awe for Plasma Squirrel's incorruptible principles.

Plas turns to the old man. What wisened wisdom can he impart on this moral conundrum.

Plas turns to the old man. What wisened wisdom can he impart on this moral conundrum.

"I can only speak for myself, as I feel my situation may be unique in these circumstances...".

Randy proceeds to explain.

"I am not registered... Any and all use of my power, for better or worse, is considered a crime in the eyes of the law...

I have grown bitter over time, having been prosecuted for goodness I performed in this world, I've been discriminated against, hunted and driven out of the public eye...".

Randy slams his hand on the table.

"I tire of the populous against powers, but recognize this skews my moral compass... I do not want to be part of the problem!".

"I want to be good, I want to do the right thing... but I need guidance of those better than me, purer of thought and purer of heart..."

He pauses...

"I just fear judgment, I fear standing up and doing the right thing, raising my hand and taking ownership...".

"The only wisdom I can impart is doing the right thing, no matter the consequence, will create a better world for all of us... maybe not in our lifetime or in the next generation's lifetime... But we must believe, naeh, TRUST, that the future is to become better by our actions for good...".

OOC: I was thinking this is more appropriate...

• Advertisement

Plas feels the heavy burden of the others expectations upon his shoulders and doesn't know how they ended up getting on his, admittedly, load bearing posture.

He stands up and in the course of a rousing if not overly eloquent speech, addresses the 3 other heroes in the room.

'I am conflicted about the collateral damage that we caused in trying to stop the gang from robbing the bank, and i dont think we can ignore that forever. However we are here to make the world a better place, and i believe the best way to do so is to pool our resources and work as a team. Lets go get that gang and bring them to justice. At the same time, ill have to hope that if i vouch for you, old man, that the police will give you a bye and, if you are willing, allow you to become registered?''

'Rupert, please send a private message to Lt. Gale and tell him we have a lead on the gang that robbed the bank and will report back to him once we have more information.'

Turning to Squirramorph, Plas says 'Get the copter unshrunk and prepped for take off'

Turning to Indigo and the old man, Plas says 'Let's go hunt that gang down'

Plas exits the Fortress and waits for SM to do her thing with the copter.

While they are waiting, Plas asks the old man what he should call him while they are on mission, and asks him what his powers are exactly.

Squiramorph turns to the others on her way out:

'Effrafra!'

She heads outside and starts her preparations with the Squirrelcopter.

Necro wrote: »
    Squiramorph turns to the others on her way out:

'Effrafra!'

"I dont mind to be honest, but for the purposes of this mission I will stick to my previous and current alias... MosCow!" Randy assumes the hero position as he delivers his Alias to the group.

"If Effrafra is what you want to call me however, I wouldnt mind... though unsure what it means...".

He puts his hands on the table, bends over forward, to address the group in a more secretive and serious manner.

"I am a Jack-of-all-Trade enabler and work best when in combination with someone... you need a boost? I am your man, you want tentacles, I certainly wont be asking any questions... POOF all the tentacles you want to satisfy even the oddest of Japanese fantasy...

But, again... I am not registered and thus some of my powers remain in the uncategorized/ unlabeled section of the hero manual, but am capable to fill this in any way you like, I just need able bodies...

'Rupert, please send a private message to Lt. Gale and tell him we have a lead on the gang that robbed the bank and will report back to him once we have more information.'

"consider it done sir."

Once the Squirrelcopter is placed in the center of the landing pad, RUPERT unshrinks it, goes through pre-flight, runs the engine up to fast idle and engages the rotors, awaiting further instruction.

Banjo wrote:
    Once the Squirrelcopter is placed in the center of the landing pad, RUPERT unshrinks it, goes through pre-flight, runs the engine up to fast idle and engages the rotors, awaiting further instruction.

'How are we for juice RUPERT? Does she need a top up or are fuel levels appropriate?

Oh and send out some juice too for the flight. I'm thinking apple.'

'How are we for juice RUPERT? Does she need a top up or are fuel levels appropriate?

Oh and send out some juice too for the flight. I'm thinking apple.'

"I assure you madam the helicopter is fully refueled. I will arrange refreshments immediately."

A few moments later what looks like a toaster with rabbit legs hops up the stairs from the storm cellar, dragging a flagon of apple juice behind it.

Hop
    *skkkkkkkrch*

Hop
    *skkkkkkkrch*

Hop
    *skkkkkkkrch*

*pause*

Hop
    *skkkkkkkrch*

Hop
    *skkkkkkkrch*

Hop
    *skkkkkkkrch*

Done!

'Thank you, Cowslip, that'll be all for now.'

Squiramorph loads the flagon carefully onto the Squirrelcopter and climbs in herself, before taking a refreshing drink.

OOC: How are we doing on time Banjo. Is it still nighttime?

OOC: How are we doing on time Banjo. Is it still nighttime?

OOC : Well, it was afternoon when you landed, and the orientation, shower / fight and Nachos would have taken up about 30 minutes, plus an hour for the rabbit to drag the juice up the stairs, so I'm gonna say Early Evening. Don't worry - I threw in some Headlights for free!

• Advertisement

OOC: I thought we left the skillet because it was approaching nighttime though....

Advertisement