Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

OOC: Actually it was prob just me misremembering and it doesn't really matter anyways.

'Are we all on board? Let's go then! Rupert are you on board as well? Fortress all locked and secure? Let's make way to a few blocks from the building we came under fire from earlier.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pter wrote: »
    OOC: I thought we left the skillet because it was approaching nighttime though....

Bwaaaaaaak bwaaak bwaak! Did Shelly just fart? Cause I smell chicken!

Banjo wrote:
    Bwaaaaaaak bwaaak bwaak! Did Shelly just fart? Cause I smell chicken!

'What was that Rupert?'

'What was that Rupert?'

"ahem, I said 'choppachoppachoppachoppa' - I find passengers are often disappointed by how well insulated the cabin is from the din of the rotors, so I dained to provide a suitable ambience. Let us ascend!"

With all on board, the helicopter takes off, the scanner screen briefly but reassuringly showing a close up of the door to the Fortress of Squirrelitude, safely padlocked against all but the most determined children and adults without 2 spanners.

Taking a similarly cautious route to their original arrival, RUPERT crosses over the sound to Munroe and Summersisle, approaching the Skillet but avoiding the Panhandle bridge.

"Plotting course for a few blocks away from the building upon which you smote the ignoble... Sir, would you like me to aim towards the docks side of the bridge or lean towards the - how should I put this - more retrogressive side of the island?"
    466093.png
    OOC: Plas and SM would be aware that the purple on the right is Slaughterhouse Boys territory, I ran out of colours so had to reuse purple on the left for someone else :D Green is mostly highly militant and organised grocers, the light blue is the docklands and fishmonger territory. The yellow strip in the middle is the candlestick makers. The large area of dark blue is the amalgamation of the bakers and steelworkers, surrounding a large area that was laid waste when the bakers made their move. "should have been pink" purple bit is breweries, orange is hatters, red is haberdashery. Bridges in black, train line is the semicircle that didn't come out 'cause I'm drawing on a napkin and hopefully sKeith can see how streets wouldn't come out, even on a quality napkin like a Subway one, which is why he didn't get a map and you do.

'set us down in the docks. somewhere inconspicuous'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Indigo turns to Plasma Squirrel.

"I'll turn to gas and do a sweep of Avenue Sapora di Balena? See what I can find out"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Squiramorph offers the sexy young dude some apple juice before he leaves.

Indigo takes a swig.

"Thank you Miss Squirramorph, it quenches one thirst while one is yet to be sated, the thirst for justice"

Fourier wrote:
    "I'll turn to gas and do a sweep of Avenue Sapora di Balena? See what I can find out"

'Go for it. We will do a sweep using the instruments on the Squirrelcopter.

Rupert, please do a full instruments sweep of the area.'

'set us down in the docks. somewhere inconspicuous'

RUPERT wheels in, preparing to land on a rooftop in the lubside barrows and then abruptly veers off, circling back into the air.

"I do apologise sir but it would appear according to my scans that the rooves are…. Well… It’s difficult to be certain, the visual scans reveal nothing but thermal scans show anomalies that suggest they're populated. How should I proceed?"

• Advertisement

'Do a wider sweep and find us a nearby unanomalous roof please Rupert'

"Well therein lies the rub, sir. I've extended my range as far as I can, and it's not one roof - it's all of them."

On a nearby roof below, there's a call which is answered from one roof, then another, then another - as the sun begins to set, the twilight sings with the cry of "Cherooo!"

'Set us down on the nearest roof Rupert. Its nuts to the wall time.'

Plas turns to the others.

'Stay squirrely everyone'

Banjo wrote: »
    "Well therein lies the rub, sir. I've extended my range as far as I can, and it's not one roof - it's all of them."

On a nearby roof below, there's a call which is answered from one roof, then another, then another - as the sun begins to set, the twilight sings with the cry of "Cherooo!"

Squiramorph turns to Indigo.

'You think you can gaseously clear us a landing spot, sexy dude? There'll be more apple juice in it for you...'

She strokes the flagon absent-mindedly while smiling at Indigo.

'MosCow - perhaps you could assist him?'

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"Hold my milk..." MosCow says to the squirrel squad.

A7tvbdw.png

"I got this...".

MosCow shudders his udders and moves over to door on the side of the chopper. He looks back at his fellow heroes and nods a nod of acknowledgement.

He jumps....

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

MosCow triest to aim for the highest of roofs.

'Well that was unexpected' Plas remarks to himself, nodlessly.

He jumps....

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

MosCow triest to aim for the highest of roofs.

Despite being 30 feet up, the old codger lands with surprising grace and splendour.
    466166.png

From the shadows there's a cry of "Cor blimey!" and the rooftops go silent, other than the whudd-whudd-whudd of the helicopter overhead.

'SM take control of the copter with RUPERT. Get us down close enough for me to jump onto the same roof as Moscow without hurting myself.'

'SM take control of the copter with RUPERT. Get us down close enough for me to jump onto the same roof as Moscow without hurting myself.'

Squiramorph shrugs.

'Sure. Careful Rupes, I'm gonna be guiding your stick for a few minutes. I promise to be gentle!'

Taking a final swig from her flagon, she hops into the pilot's seat and disengages the auto pilot.

OOC : Since both Plas and Indigo have already used up their one free "Jump 40 feet to the ground without breaking a bone" I'm going to need to test your driving abilities - Roll Co-Ordination against a 5 (d6+3)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC : Since both Plas and Indigo have already used up their one free "Jump 40 feet to the ground without breaking a bone" I'm going to need to test your driving abilities - Roll Co-Ordination against a 5 (d6+3)

OOC: Rolled a 6 :)

With a gentle caress of the cyclic and some insistent tugging on the collective, Squiramorph finesses the helicopter low over the roof, the search light picking out the area around MosCow so any and all interested parties can disembark safely. The downdraft kicks up a disproportionate amount of dust, black against the low lit sky. From behind chimney stacks and A/C stacks, shadowy figures scatter away from the wind and light, shaking their fists threateningly and crying "Gerroff our roof, ye blighters!". Once safely out of the light they begin to caper threateningly.
    chimney_sweep_dance_mary-poppins-1.gif

OOC: So they are in visual range, yeah?

OOC : A large number in Visual Range looking at the roofs around you. The ones on your roof are in Extended/Aural range, provided they don't dive behind an AC stack.

Plas raises his voice as loud as he can.

'We have no quarrel with you roofmen. Direct us how to find the luminary gang that robbed the First National bank today and we will be on our way'

"**** off back to the sky, gyrocaptain! We'll not tells" one of them shouts, grabbing an oversized brush from behind a chimney stack - Plas notices there are a lot of chimneys on most of the roofs around, far more than one might expect.

"Yeah!" another joins in, "If you want to know about the big meet in the basement of the Chocolatier's Club over on Geneva Street you'll have to find out from someone else - go ask a grocer, big legs!"

While the light makes it hard to see detail, the general shape of the silhouetted crowd outside the light pool afforded by the hovering Squirrelcopter suggests most of them are now packing brushes. They do not, as yet, advance.

Plas turns to the others

'We arent here to fight this gang. Lets find somewhere else for the Squirrelcopter and check out that meet they spoke of'

OOC: Plas is still staring at the others waiting for any of them to react :D Squirrels are very patient creatures.

Indigo whispers to Plasma Squirrel.

"I'll head to the club, see what's going on"

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    Indigo whispers to Plasma Squirrel.

"I'll head to the club, see what's going on"

Gaseous form?

Advertisement