Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Fourier wrote:
    "I'll head to the club, see what's going on"

Plas nods his agreement at the plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sitting on the train home, Shelly is disturbed to see her dexward train is going sinbound. They've switched platforms again and just like last time no notices were posted. That's going to add an hour onto her commute, hitting every ****ing stop on every island on the loop before hers. And then the train breaks down between stops. City of the future my ass!
    Some of the other passengers look nervously out the window and down at the wild streets of the Skillet below.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Rupert, this thing has a winch, right? When the others board, take us over to Geneva Street - full surveillance scans please. I don't want any surprises like the bank.'

Plas gets back into the Squirrelcopter

OOC: Which is now suggested to me as a word when using my phone. Deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Gaseous form?
    OOC: Yep

Indigo takes a breath and unknits his molecules slowly and pours into the street as a light vapour heading for Geneva street where he scans for the Chocolatier's Club.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    'Rupert, this thing has a winch, right? When the others board, take us over to Geneva Street - full surveillance scans please. I don't want any surprises like the bank.'

"Regrettably, my lack of a winch beyrays my common civilian heritage. If only my mother had married upwards into the Lifeboat Association or perhaps a military hospital. I fear this enterprise is at an end - why, you'd need to find suitable parts on board to approximate a winch and even then, who could assemble them into some approximation of the desired apparatus?"

Who indeed?
    One of you look for a rope, two of you look for anything mechanical that's not nailed down. Intellect test, difficulty 3. I need at least 3 moderate successes (1 major or better on the machinery searches will do) - then Squirramorph can attempt to make a machine. Declare what you're looking for - no rope, no hope!

Squiramorph knocks on the auto pilot and searches the back of the chopper for a rope.

OOC: Rolled a 6

OOC: Rolled a 10

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Yep

Indigo takes a breath and unknits his molecules slowly and pours into the street as a light vapour heading for Geneva street where he scans for the Chocolatier's Club.

Seeing this, the sweeps go wide eyed

giphy.gif

"Jimjim! Jimjim? Jimjim. JIMJIM!" What starts as curious murmuring builds to a rapturous crescendo. They fall to their knees, presenting their brushes as one while from across the rooftops far and wide the cry resumes, but now in jubilation. "Cherrooo! Cherooo!"

Indigo weaves southwest through the streets, the reek of fish giving way to the charnel stench of the Bloodworks, but rising above them all the rich topnote of chocolate - Geneva Street is not hard to find. And judging by the groups of butchers, grocers, haberdashers and the like standing in groups in the square outside that building over there brandishing the tools of their respective trades menacingly, I'd say you've found the meet.

Indigo weaves southwest through the streets, the reek of fish giving way to the charnel stench of the Bloodworks, but rising above them all the rich topnote of chocolate - Geneva Street is not hard to find. And judging by the groups of butchers, grocers, haberdashers and the like standing in groups in the square outside that building over there brandishing the tools of their respective trades menacingly, I'd say you've found the meet.
    Indigo tries to go a little less dense if the wind permits it, he doesn't want to be blown away.

He descends near the building and tries to find an open window or door or even better some sort of opening to the basement.

• Advertisement

Squiramorph knocks on the auto pilot and searches the back of the chopper for a rope.

Between them, Plas, Squirry and Mos scrounge up enough cogs and cabling for Squirramorph to cobble together a winch-like apparatus. The cabling is a little frayed though. What order would you like to descend?

Between them, Plas, Squirry and Mos scrounge up enough cogs and cabling for Squirramorph to cobble together a winch-like apparatus. The cabling is a little frayed though. What order would you like to descend?

Squiramorph looks to the others.

'I'm essentially weightless if I transform, perhaps I should go first?'

'Actually... better idea..'

Squiramorph smiles at Plasma.

'Ready to carry me down pardner? Form of - An Australian Swamp Rat!'

As she transforms she runs to Plasma and climbs up onto his shoulder.

Squiramorph looks to the others.

'I'm essentially weightless if I transform, perhaps I should go first?'

'Agreed. Then myself, then MosCow. You seemed a lot more graceful and are a lot lighter than me'

'Actually... better idea..'

Squiramorph smiles at Plasma.

'Ready to carry me down pardner? Form of - An Australian Swamp Rat!'

As she transforms she runs to Plasma and climbs up onto his shoulder.

'You could go flying squirrel you know. It is in our team name'

Plas descends the rope. (with or without SM on his shoulder)

Pter wrote: »
    Plas descends the rope. (with or without SM on his shoulder)

Squiramorph sniffs at Plasma's ear before starting to clean her face with her paws.

Plas continues descending the rope :D

Lacking the protective handwear for fast-roping, Plas hand-under-hands down the cable. At several points in the descent there are loud pings as individual strands snap, but the cable holds.

"Ready when you are, Mr... Cow was it? I shall hold steady until your departure" RUPERT reassures his remaining passenger.

Lacking the protective handwear for fast-roping, Plas hand-under-hands down the cable. At several points in the descent there are loud pings as individual strands snap, but the cable holds.

"Ready when you are, Mr... Cow was it? I shall hold steady until your departure" RUPERT reassures his remaining passenger.

Once Plasma's feet hit the ground, Ratamorph squeaks once in Plasma's ear before running down his body to the floor. She scampers off in the direction of the meet, taking a look at her surroundings.

OOC: Presumably this place is fairly used to rats running around? The Skillet seems like it would be a type of lawless slum. Happy to be corrected though.

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    Indigo tries to go a little less dense if the wind permits it, he doesn't want to be blown away.

He descends near the building and tries to find an open window or door or even better some sort of opening to the basement.

The windows are all quite small and narrow, and none of them are open but there are vents at the ground floor level that Indi could easily pass through. Around the back of the building there's a loading bay, and while the shutters would keep a normal man from passing into the basement, Indigo Spirit is not a normal man.

Once through the shutters, Indigo finds himself in a dimly lit storeroom. Boxes and pallets are stacked to the ceiling in very orderly piles. There are two exits on the south wall and a shuttered hatch to the east. Beyond the hatch, the East wall curves convexally to meet it's southern cousin, and there's another door in this curved section.

Once Plasma's feet hit the ground, Ratamorph squeaks once in Plasma's ear before running down his body to the floor. She scampers off in the direction of the meet, taking a look at her surroundings.

OOC: Presumably this place is fairly used to rats running around? The Skillet seems like it would be a type of lawless slum. Happy to be corrected though.

OOC : Geneva Street is actually quite nice, in the scheme of things. Cleanish streets, hardly any burned out cars and most of the people there are not bleeding to death. It's under the train line between the dark blue and larger purple area, the bit you thought I forgot to colour but actually left intentionally blank, honest, because it's neutral territory. Chocalatiers n'est takez pas du sides.

You are a about a block away north-east, so as to avoid the crowds of tense, angry gang members in the square at the western entrance, in New Foundrymen territory.

Squirramorph and Plasma Squirrel alight in what may once have been a park or a yard, but is now an overgrown clutter of rusted vehicle chassis and white goods, some lean-to shacks and various piles of debris. There's no one visbily around, though RUPERT indicated heat signatures visible in a few of the lean-tos. No one challenges them.

Picking her way through the detritus, Squirramorph reaches an empty road and across it a carpark and loading bay. There's a noticeable change in tone, while there are only a handful of cars and trucks in the lot they all look well maintained. On the other side of the car park is a large roughly rectangular building from which delicious smells are wafting.

It's starting to get dark.

Plas takes off his mask and tucks it into his belt at the back of his trousers, rendering him the look of a normal guy.

He walks out of the yard / park place and heads towards the chocolatiers place.

Plas takes off his mask and tucks it into his belt at the back of his trousers, rendering him the look of a normal guy.

He walks out of the yard / park place and heads towards the chocolatiers place.

OOC : Are you strutting down the street, hugging the walls, or something in between?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"Thank you Rupert, you can call me Moscow".

"Could you provide me with a baseline analysis of crimes committed in the current areas, match that up against the seriousness of crimes and red flag zones, which typical law enforcement would avoid?".

"If any such hotspot can be identified, could you perform a heat signature scan and drop me off on a red flag zone with the largest volume of heat signatures detected?"

"Thank you Rupert, you are a true Gent!".

Banjo wrote:
    OOC : Are you strutting down the street, hugging the walls, or something in between?

OOC: he is being inconspicuous

"Alas there is little information on crimes in the area - the locals prefer to deal with those matters themselves rather than to call the authorities. However, if you're looking for a red flag zone, I can drop you in the middle of the square in front of the Chocolatiers - I'm detecting between 36 and 42 separate bodies not including those of the Secret Squirrels, and judging by their attire I'd warrant all of them are hostile."

Rupert makes the short journey southeast, passing over the elevated monorail line where a broken down train remains stuck, holding about 40 feet above a square filled with clumps of vocationally coutured thugs.

"Does sir have any next of kin I should notify after you introduce yourself to the locals?" RUPERT inquires demurely, waiting for MosCow to disembark.

OOC: he is being inconspicuous

As he crosses the road towards the Chocolatier's, he hears a few jeers and cat calls from a group of impressively-hatted dandies sitting on cars parked in the loading yard outside.

"Yoohoo! Lonely.... wait what is he?"
    "Dunno.... could be a bin man?"
    "Do the binmen have a gang?"
    "Everyone has a gang."
    "Hey! Lonely bin man! You wanna come over here and.... uh.. let me empty... my ... uh ... empty my bag into your can!"
    "Nice recovery! But you know we ain't supposed to start any trouble tonight."
    "Hey, I'm makin' nice over here!"

'aw sorry fellas. I gotta get to the meet or the big boss will have my balls for his post rubbish collection stew'

Plas continues on his way without waiting for a response.

• Advertisement

Once through the shutters, Indigo finds himself in a dimly lit storeroom. Boxes and pallets are stacked to the ceiling in very orderly piles. There are two exits on the south wall and a shuttered hatch to the east. Beyond the hatch, the East wall curves convexally to meet it's southern cousin, and there's another door in this curved section.
    Indigo, remaining in gas form, passes through the shuttered hatch and if there is an opening at the base of the door in the curved section passes through it. Otherwise he solidifies and attempts to open the door quietly.

Advertisement