Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

OOC: are those permanent affects on Plas, banjo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pter wrote: »
    OOC: are those permanent affects on Plas, banjo?

giphy.gif

OOC : The board really needs a spy emoji!
    I am not at liberty to say. But does it matter? It's not like you can leave! Remember, under recent rulings, I'm not locked in here with you....

Mwahahahahahahahaha!

For the benefit of the conscious :
    Indigo saw the whole thing.

MosCacao just knows that a whole bunch of costumed weirdos left via the front door. He would be aware that Menorah and Sister Blister were among them.

And Squirramorph... oh yeah!

Squirramorph sees the woman in the kitchen below charge out of the room - there's some shouting, clanging, thudding and some angry growling, then the woman is dragged through the kitchen by two chocolatiers and out another door she can't see. Behind them come another two dragging a bin man with a bloodied shoulder that seems to have been sealed off with a rich ganache. Wait! That's no bin man! It's Nate!

OOC : to answer your earlier question, it's about 20 feet, and the rules don't differentiate between a feather or a brick falling - 20 feet is 20 feet is 2 Stamina damage. However, that assumes you're in a form that falls...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Indigo is alarmed at the strength of this new group. Taking out Plasma Squirrel so fast! And who was the new comer?

He decides he has to save them, staying in gas form he heads toward the Southern end of the building, trailing the chef-like henchmen.

Fourier wrote: »
    Indigo is alarmed at the strength of this new group. Taking out Plasma Squirrel so fast! And who was the new comer?

He decides he has to save them, staying in gas form he heads toward the Southern end of the building, trailing the chef-like henchmen.

He follows them to a large test kitchen on the ground floor. By the time he's arrived the two prisoners are manacled to large silicone-coated slabs, held vertically over a bubbling vat of black ooze. To one side, Toby LeRhone is talking on his mobile.

"Non, non, c'est nicht ein problemetti! Ah weel send zem direkt auf deine club toot sweet, zuruck after-a dey-a have set-a, like-a da wet jellies. Haben sie keine worries, signor, j'ai le Cocoadile und Temper um them regardez-aroni"

Hanging up, he turns to a creature that looks like a delicious but angry log.
    "You be a good-a boy, Cocoadile, und nicht letten me downzen!"

OOC : I've never been to switzerland but I'm pretty sure I'm nailing this accent.

The creature growls in affirmation.
    466954.png
    "an you-a keepen zee eye on him, Temper!" he adds to a chocolatier in shades who's standing to one side punching his fist into his palm.
    "Don't get me started, boss!" he snaps back. Toby slaps his cheek gently, smiling, and leaves, closing the door behind him.

Temper runs a finger through the hot black gunk in the vat, wincing a little, then tasting it.
    "mmmmm-mmmm! Theta-lattice formation Ghana black. Chocolanite! I wouldn't wanna be these guys! OK - start the lowering process, and remember, take it slow - the boss wants them alive, I don't want any of those fast-dip anomalies like what happened to Pieces Maloney!"

The platforms begin to tilt towards the gick.

OOC : OK, both Plas and Shelly recover after 7 pages of unconsciousness total. By my count that's in 2 pages time. The Platforms will take about 5 pages from now before they start submerging you in Chocolanite. Indigo can act from Page 1 of that timeframe. Squirramorph has the option of arriving in time to act from Page 1. Depending on how direct - and suspicious - a route he wants to take, MosCacao could make it by Page 2-4. There are the 2 lieutenants and 4 technicians in the room.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »
    And Squirramorph... oh yeah![/i]

Squirramorph sees the woman in the kitchen below charge out of the room - there's some shouting, clanging, thudding and some angry growling, then the woman is dragged through the kitchen by two chocolatiers and out another door she can't see. Behind them come another two dragging a bin man with a bloodied shoulder that seems to have been sealed off with a rich ganache. Wait! That's no bin man! It's Nate!

OOC : to answer your earlier question, it's about 20 feet, and the rules don't differentiate between a feather or a brick falling - 20 feet is 20 feet is 2 Stamina damage. However, that assumes you're in a form that falls...

When the coast is clear, Squiramorph shifts form into a flying squirrel, and leaps from the vent, gliding gracefully towards a safe landing...

OOC: I think.

• Advertisement

Indigo concentrates and attempts to fling some of the Ghana black into Temper's face telekinetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

OOC: Can I spend the next 2 pages preparing image copies of myself, while I make my way to test kitchen?

MosCacao realizes that the commotion cant have been caused by anyone other than the heroes he arrived with. Judging by the demeanor of the group leaving the building again, he realizes the odds (at this point) are not stacked in their favor.

His newfound appreciation for supers besides himself overcomes him, it is then... his moral compass kicks in. "The fire, it burns again!" he thinks to himself.

MosCacao realizes there is little he can do in the time he needs to spend going to the basement, where the best thing is to improvise with that which has already been prepared.

As he leaps over the turnstile, with great ease due to it being only at waist height, he focuses on the image he is portraying of himself to those around him. To see it duplicate, and it duplicate in time again. (hopefully totaling 3, including me?)

As he approaches the test kitchen and after (at least) his first copy image shows up, he starts a loud dialog with his copies.

"Ich haben sie doch gesagt, der schwarz Ghana is nicht gut, er est jets mahl ein defekt mit der zutaten!

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN! DAS IS NICHT GUT, zu viele Probleme werden daraus entstehen! Es reagiert sehr flüchtig, wenn es mit supers verwendet wird.

Der Chef wird nicht glücklich sein! Noch besser!! Die Köpfe werden rollen und es werden nicht die in schwarzem Ghana gehüllt sein.

Ich weiß nicht, es ist dieser dreisprachige Koch, der für diesen verantwortlich war...

Ja, das ist der erste Kopf, der rollen wird"

As they walk into the doors, they announce their arrival.

"Ja ja, Ze Drei Musketeers have arrived..." They state loudly upon their entering of the room and take a bow as they announce themselves.

"Woher is ze person responzible for all ziss mess?"

"Woher is ze person who mad dis so called Schwarze Ghana?" They ask as they eyeball every person in the room, and give the giant ChocoCroc a more glaring look than anyone else in the room.

Page 1/5
    Squirramorph makes a textbook landing in the blending room, across the hall from the test kitchen with the Ghana Black pit.

As the identical chocolatier make their way around the room, tutting and fussing, the technicians in the room look at each other.
    "Was sind les parlezing aboutelli?"
    "Beatonis mois, mein freund"
    "Sie mussen serai importante, zey only usen une di linguas"
    But no move is made against them as they fill the room, though Cocoadile pulls himself up to his full height and stares MosCacao down, grumbling through fang-split, scaley lips.

Suddenly
    Indigo concentrates and attempts to fling some of the Ghana black into Temper's face telekinetically.
    ...a glob of molten chocolate leaps out of the vat, straight at Temper's face. He screams, clutching at the sizzling sludgy mess and reeling away from the Vats. The technicians and Cocoadile all turn towards the noise.

OOC : They're distracted for now, so anything that isn't noisy or done in the middle of the room will go unnoticed. Shelly and Plas wake up next turn as their action with 1 stamina.

BTW : Sorry for the delay, had to confirm a ruling with Nebel ; to clarify - to create the secondary image of 3 additional chocolatiers, MosCow first had to drop the original image - which was running at full strength - and then create the 4 that are currently on display at lower strengths. However the dice favoured him and he wasn't discovered. Cards on the table though, these 3 and his current disguise are not as convincing as the original disguise. Indigo on the other hand is using 2 different powers, neither of which requires concentration and which were activated on different panels.

Indigo prepares to solidify, but has a quick glance at the technicians and lieutenants first, looking at their gear and armour.

They're wearing lab-coat type gear. Nothing to suggest any armour and no weapons are visible, though now he thinks about it the tubes coming out of the brown cylinders they wear on their backs - kind of like scuba gear - that disappear under those coats are probably connected to something.

Temper, when he's not screaming his face off, has a pretty offensive looking device mounted on his right fore-arm, and with his arms in the air like he just does care that Indy melted his face it's clear his tech heavy belt does more than hold up trousers.

Cocoadile is a man-crocodile made of chocolate. He's clearly a man-crocodile's man-crocodile - Men want to be him, Women want to eat him when they're depressed. He's not packing anything visible other than a very impressive - if crack-ridden - gun show.

• Advertisement

They're wearing lab-coat type gear. Nothing to suggest any armour and no weapons are visible, though now he thinks about it the tubes coming out of the brown cylinders they wear on their backs - kind of like scuba gear - that disappear under those coats are probably connected to something.

Temper, when he's not screaming his face off, has a pretty offensive looking device mounted on his right fore-arm, and with his arms in the air like he just does care that Indy melted his face it's clear his tech heavy belt does more than hold up trousers.

Cocoadile is a man-crocodile made of chocolate. He's clearly a man-crocodile's man-crocodile - Men want to be him, Women want to eat him when they're depressed. He's not packing anything visible other than a very impressive - if crack-ridden - gun show.

OOC: Can Squiramorph see the device? And if so can she make it explodify?

"Ich haben es dir doch gesagt! Sehr flüchtig mit der Supahs!!!" One of the musketeers shouts to the other.

"NEIN NEIN NEIN, nicht gut, Wir müssen das Böse daraus kochen! Und schenll!!!" The other responds.

MosCacao moves forward towards the pot of Black Ghana and looks for a way to crank the heat, WAAAAAY Up.

He shouts as he moves closed to the Ghana "Wo is die verdammte knopf!?!?!"

He looks at Cocoadile and repeats the question "Where is de verdammte temperature dial?!" and continues "Hallo dumkopf?! Is it just chocolat rice krispies up there, ja?!" he points at his head as he says this and turns to the other muskateers and sniggers before moving back to the dial and cranking it waay up.

Necro wrote: »
    OOC: Can Squiramorph see the device? And if so can she make it explodify?

ooc : let's find out
    Temper pauses mid-self-pitying-squeal as a higher pitched wail than he can generate himself begins to eminate from his wrist. He takes a moment to ponder what kind of God lets such terrible things happen to him
    maxresdefault.jpg
    ...then starts scrabbling to remove the device.

(Page 2 of 5)
    By SMs best guess, 2 more turns till the explosion.

"Ich haben es dir doch gesagt! Sehr flüchtig mit der Supahs!!!" One of the musketeers shouts to the other.

"NEIN NEIN NEIN, nicht gut, Wir müssen das Böse daraus kochen! Und schenll!!!" The other responds.

MosCacao moves forward towards the pot of Black Ghana and looks for a way to crank the heat, WAAAAAY Up.

He shouts as he moves closed to the Ghana "Wo is die verdammte knopf!?!?!"

He looks at Cocoadile and repeats the question "Where is de verdammte temperature dial?!" and continues "Hallo dumkopf?! Is it just chocolat rice krispies up there, ja?!" he points at his head as he says this and turns to the other muskateers and sniggers before moving back to the dial and cranking it waay up.

"Ich n'est pas krisponi!" bellows Cocoadile, grabbing Moscow by the throat and lifting him.

roll willpower Vs difficulty 3 to maintain image

The Ghana black begins to bubble, as Shelly and Plas continue to descend. The pair begin to come around.

still on page 2/5

Squiramorph maintains her control but skitters off to the nearest dark corner.

Necro wrote: »
    Squiramorph maintains her control but skitters off to the nearest dark corner.

OOC : Coward! Sensible Coward!
    OK, that's a valid movement to stack with your Machine Control. Since he's already had an Interaction (the weapons check) let's just wait and see if Indi actually wants to solidify (move), and what his page-2 Action is, then lets get on with the dunking!

For clarification purposes and to keep my head on straight, and to highlight that none of you read the OGC rulebook at the link I posted in September or I'd get more questions about this :
    Technically Indigo Spirit requires 1 page of prep to turn gaseous and can turn back instantly.
    However, on the 2 occasions I've forced him to go gaseous, I've been causing trouble for him and letting him go gaseous instantly if he passes - this is a DP-neutral transaction where technically I pay him for trouble, he pays me for advantage and no coin actually changes hands.

I'm mentioning this now in case he tries to go Gaseous instantly voluntarily in a minute. Not that there'll be a need. Will there....?

While we're chatting - if you're currently on 1 Stamina, remember that you recover <Strength> amount of Stamina every hour.
    You can also if you're in a hurry use the Recover options listed under Advantage in the book - you all bought the book, right? - or Determination on the OGC site. Remember - using Determination requires advantage - that mean's leveraging a Quality or performing a "Manouevre", which is rolling a test of a suitable Super-Ability (i.e. one that's 7+) vs a difficulty of my choosing.

Indigo forms behind one of the Lieutenants and wallops him in the back of the head.

Indigo forms behind one of the Lieutenants and wallops him in the back of the head.

OOC : Which one (Cocoadile, Temper, the guy leading those pushy 3 Choclateers) and with what? (Actually, Indigo's fists might be the hardest thing in the room, apart from that one tech who really gets off on watching people getting encased in Chocolonite)

Then roll CoOrdination+2 'cause you have the drop on them and I'll roll the appropriate awareness for difficulty based on your target - if they don't spot you you get a free hit, doing full damage.

Roll Prowess anyway though, in case you miss the Awareness check, but also to see how hard you hit them and whether it does a Slam/Stun, but if they can't react I think you jump straight to a potential Stun outcome.

A "Potential Stunning" outcome, if you remember, is :
    1. You hit your target with a Bashing attack, on a Massive success. (Major is a potential Slam)
    2. You do at least 0 stamina damage after resistance is deducted from the hit

Now you take the full damage you can inflict and compare that to their strength like it was an Effort vs Difficulty test. If (Damage - Strength) = Moderate Success they are stunned for 1 page. Major or higher and they're knocked out.

Slam is basically the same but it knocks them prone or through 1 range of distance, and they can get back up if you don't hit them hard enough! If you roll low on the CoOrd vs Awareness, let me know where you'd be hoping to slam them to, just in case it's relevant. And bear in mind that your colleagues are at a 70-ish degree angle now relative to the vat, so beware of splash damage!
    That enough homework for now :D

OOC: Prowess was 5, Coord was 11. Sorry got confused I thought there was Cocoadile, Temper and then two Lieutenants. I'm aiming for Cocoadile with my hands.

Indigo's molecules come together in the pose of a punch, he just waits for his muscles to reintegrate to throw the punch....

Thunk! Like a steaming cup of hot granite, Indigo Spirit's mighty fists coalesces out of thin air and clobbers Cocoadile over the head - the russet reptilian rapscallion groans, dropping MosCacao (OOC : Or MosCow - you owe me a willpower roll, bub!) as he drops to his knees. While the blow appeared to crack his hard, chocolatey hide, even as he nurses the wound Indigo can see that the cracks are knitting together in large, shiny lumps like overlapping layers of M&Ms (regular, not peanut) - in fact, these lumps are beginning to break out all over his body.

Cocoadile takes 7 damage and is stunned for page 3 so unable to react.

As we move into Page 3, Plasma Squirrel and Shelly are now free to act, apart from being chained to large metal slabs that are rotating ever closer to the dreaded theta-lattice formation Ghana Black, now bubbling violently as it overheats.

MosCow is free to act but I need that Willpower roll to know if your image is still active!

Page 3/5
    Temper succeeds in removing his malfunctioning arm-cannon and frantically looks for somewhere safe to throw it, finding only the bubbling vat of chocolate. He drops it in and makes to run for the door before seeing his colleague is on the ground and there's a strange, beautiful young dude standing over him. He hesitates.

The 4 technicians in the room reach under their coats to reveal that those tubes are attached to what looks like a cross between a super soaker and a plumber's silicon gun. And they're pointing them all at Indigo Spirit. (And possibly Moscow - I'll edit it when he rolls :D )

Hanging over the vat, now at a 45 degree angle and closing, Shelly and Plasma Squirrel lean their aching heads away from up-splashes of the deadly black chocolate.

OOC : So the good news is you have this turn and 2 more before you're in the vat. The bad news is that Squirramorph rigged the gauntlet to blow in the next turn, which probably means that the chocolate will come to you before you get to it. So basically, do something cool and do it fast!

• Advertisement

Plas comes to long enough to look around him. The mysterious stranger who came to his aid during the fight seems to be chained and in just as much danger as he. This person saved him......she was now part of his drey......Plas felt a second scurry bond forming.

OOC: thats leveraging a quality, right?

Plas used his prodigeous strength (and a DP) to try and break the chains holding him, so that he can jump from his slab and break free / push the stranger to safety.

The 4 technicians in the room reach under their coats to reveal that those tubes are attached to what looks like a cross between a super soaker and a plumber's silicon gun. And they're pointing them all at Indigo Spirit. (And possibly Moscow - I'll edit it when he rolls :D )

Squiramorph from her corner focus on the closest technician to Indy and loosens the tube from the gun.

OOC: Presumably this will leak hot chocolate on the technician and distract if not hurt...

Pter wrote: »
    Plas comes to long enough to look around him. The mysterious stranger who came to his aid during the fight seems to be chained and in just as much danger as he. This person saved him......she was now part of his drey......Plas felt a second scurry bond forming.

OOC: thats leveraging a quality, right?

Plas used his prodigeous strength (and a DP) to try and break the chains holding him, so that he can jump from his slab and break free / push the stranger to safety.

OOC : You bond slut you! But yeah, that works.
    OK - talk me through it. You guys are side by side on a rectangular metal slab. The chains are steel but if you're using Advantage to boost your Strength (say, a temporary use of Ability Increase) by +2 that would allow you to break them (9 vs 8).

2 Things :
    1. Do you want to struggle against them for 1 turn and definitely snap them, allowing you freedom of movement next turn, or roll your 9 strength vs my 8 chains for an instant snap (letting you move this turn too) that could fail, forcing you to start your struggle on Page 4, so you'll only just get free as you're hanging over the Vat?

2. You're at a 45 degree angle over the Vat, if you pull loose you'll fall in.
    You can try to Vault over the back of the slab - it's a tough manouevre, so CoOrd vs Diff 4 once you're free
    - If you succeed you're behind the Vat and in a great position to save Shelly
    - If you fail you still escape but may take damage, and you risk pushing the slab closer to the chocolate which endangers your Scurry mate!

Alternatively you could try to use your strength to propel yourself over the vat - that's more likely to fail (Diff 5) but doesn't endanger Shelly. Consequence of failure is that you fall into the Vat because all the force you generated tipped the slab over, saving Shelly

OOC : You bond slut you! But yeah, that works.
    OK - talk me through it. You guys are side by side on a rectangular metal slab. The chains are steel but if you're using Advantage to boost your Strength (say, a temporary use of Ability Increase) by +2 that would allow you to break them (9 vs 8).

2 Things :
    1. Do you want to struggle against them for 1 turn and definitely snap them, allowing you freedom of movement next turn, or roll your 9 strength vs my 8 chains for an instant snap (letting you move this turn too) that could fail, forcing you to start your struggle on Page 4, so you'll only just get free as you're hanging over the Vat?

2. You're at a 45 degree angle over the Vat, if you pull loose you'll fall in.
    You can try to Vault over the back of the slab - it's a tough manouevre, so CoOrd vs Diff 4 once you're free
    - If you succeed you're behind the Vat and in a great position to save Shelly
    - If you fail you still escape but may take damage, and you risk pushing the slab closer to the chocolate which endangers your Scurry mate!

Alternatively you could try to use your strength to propel yourself over the vat - that's more likely to fail (Diff 5) but doesn't endanger Shelly. Consequence of failure is that you fall into the Vat because all the force you generated tipped the slab over, saving Shelly

OOC:
    If i wait a turn to deffo snap them, the angle will increase wont it? So its snap now and maybe fail, angle is 90 degrees if i do; or struggle and snap when angle is at 60 degrees? (or something like that)

Plas would risk himself to save his scurry mate. He will be trying to go over the vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC: If sheely is chained up on a slab that is increasing in angles, is her head being raised/lowered, or is her left side being raised or lowered? I assume she is not chained to the slab, so that she can slide of it, the'd be no sliding is she was chained to the slab.

If her feet are being lowered, OR if her head is being raised, then she will roll off either side of the slab.
    If she is sideways on the slab, she will attempt to spin herself around first, so that she can roll off the slab and not into the vat.

(OOC : Or MosCow - you owe me a willpower roll, bub!)

embed?X38524085

sKeith wrote: »
    OOC: If sheely is chained up on a slab that is increasing in angles, is her head being raised/lowered, or is her left side being raised or lowered? I assume she is not chained to the slab, so that she can slide of it, the'd be no sliding is she was chained to the slab.

If her feet are being lowered, OR if her head is being raised, then she will roll off either side of the slab.
    If she is sideways on the slab, she will attempt to spin herself around first, so that she can roll off the slab and not into the vat.

Ooc : They started upright, facing forwards, rotating from 90 degrees towards 0 degrees at which point they're dipped face down in the choccie. There's a foot support, tight chains, typical Saturday night! The chains prevent rolling or slippage for precise timing of foe-chocolation, there's enough play to wriggle a bit but they're too strong for you to break normally. Maybe with a few successful super strength pulls, but you only have 3 turns including this one.
    Does that make sense?
    She's not being tipped in. This is a quality villain scheme, not some back-alley refuse dump!

embed?X38524085

Ooc : feck it, I can't beat that - ok you're on page 3 in disguise.

"You morons fire and that stuff will go straight through me and damage this room"

He makes a slight bit of wispy smoke come off his finger.

He then suddenly goes to wallop Cocoadile again, afraid that the lumps signal armour emerging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC: Okay, I think shes up for trying those super strengh pulls.

Shelly yells "Where is my champagne you scoundrals, you just wait until you see my customer feedback questionairre, it won't be glowing, you'll get nothing more that 3s."
    Now sufficently in rage, she grabs the chains and pulls at them with all that she can muster, her head shaking from side to side and her blood coming as near to a simmer as is safe when at stamina 1. You see, she's not used to being kept waiting for her beaverages.

Advertisement