Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pter wrote: »
    OOC: Banjo, is the room something like this? Like, is there a space to the side of the door i can stand, so that im not just standing in front of it while keeping look out?

Aware i dont know what SM has heard yet, but i dont think Plas would just stand in a possible line of fire for the lolz. If so, Plas will stand where the x is.

463972.PNG

Top to bottom it goes stairs, desk on the right (long side parallel with right wall) and exit to carpark on left, overkill door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    In his gaseous form, Indy glides through without needing to damage a drawer. On the far side the Tallowman has coalesced, half running half flowing towards a stairwell beyond the security door that separates the customer hall from this area. Without the glass to muffle it, Indy can now hear a fair amount of activity from the stairwell, descending.
    Indigo follows in gaseous form, unsure of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Plas stands where-ever provides the best cover / angle to avoid an attack that may originate from beyond the door, trying his best to keep an ear out for the door opening, and on anything that comes down the stairs.

Porcumorph can see 2, but sounds from beyond the narrow angle afforded by the grate suggest there are more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Porcumorph can see 2, but sounds from beyond the narrow angle afforded by the grate suggest there are more.

Porcumorph/Squirapine/insert other porcupine/SM combo shuffles onwards past the grate, looking for a larger entryway into the room. Preferably over the head of one of the Loomies.

• Advertisement

Plas walks over to the stairs and takes a look up to see what he can see and hear what he can hear.

Fourier wrote: »

At the stairwell, the creature resolidifies, meeting with 7 Loomies coming down the stairs. 3 with gauntlets, 3 with candlesticks and one seemingly unarmed - this last one pauses to bark into a communicator "30 seconds, Sis - make sure you're ready!"

He turns to his men and growls, then flings his arms out to his sides. There's a slightly nauseating tearing noise and a metallic schnikk! as antler-like candelabra emerge from between his clenched knuckles.

They proceed down the stairs.

Ooc : couldn't get my kids to draw you a picture, they didn't understand "Wolverine, but more Hanukkah-y!"
    At this point Nebelwerfer has about 3 turns to get through the door, window or run depending on what he wants to do.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Porcumorph/Squirapine/insert other porcupine/SM combo shuffles onwards past the grate, looking for a larger entryway into the room. Preferably over the head of one of the Loomies.

The ducting ends at a slow moving fan. Between blade passes, Porcumorph can see three or four more Loomies moving into the room half carrying, half dragging large holdalls into the room below. Loud clangs suggest they're dropping them once inside.
    Someone shouts "30 seconds!"

Plas walks over to the stairs and takes a look up to see what he can see and hear what he can hear.

The stairs double back on themselves so he can't see much. There's some chatter, a weird snikkity noise and a breathy "27....26....25..."

Plas runs up to where the duct is and calls SM

'i don't like this my friend. Something is planned....get out of the walls!'

He then positions himself to the side of the door where he was and prepares himself mentally for combat.

• Advertisement

The ducting ends at a slow moving fan. Between blade passes, Porcumorph can see three or four more Loomies moving into the room half carrying, half dragging large holdalls into the room below. Loud clangs suggest they're dropping them once inside.
    Someone shouts "30 seconds!"

Porcumorph tries to gauge if she can make it through the slow moving blades to the other side in her current form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

He presents her with a number of pamphlets, the top one shows Priory from the Peacekeepers comforting a weeping man entitled "Supertrauma : we're here for you!"

"We have an officer standing by to see you home. As soon as you're ready. Take your time.

Oh... And one small question - how is it you came to be walking out of a bank heist perpetrated by three incredibly dangerous know supercells,, dragging one of their gang behind you?"

"Thanks for the phamplets, where is the bleedin' medic? I'm not leavin' till I get checked out. I was queueing to use the atm and a bloomin' van knocks me down, inside a bank for crikeys sake! I dont know if i was uncoscious for long, but when i came through, I seen these candlestick bearing thugs waltzing around the bank, then swat must have breached as there was thick smoke everywhere, and the guy beside me had pissed himself and his piss was heading for my face, so on instinct i jumped up, then i noticed the atm was free, so i done my business that i came to the bank for. Then when i was making my way to leave i see the thug and thought i may as well drag him out while i was leaving the bank, following after the wet jocked lad.

Dunno, i dont think i was thinking straight, but dragging him out while unconscios seemed like a sensible thing to do. Maybe i should have left him in there, but what if he came through and shot an officier or hurt a customer, i would have felt bad for leaving that danger inside the bank.
    I hope the red dot brigade didn't shoot wet jocks, its he alright? "

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

As the fog retreats, the SWAT teams line up either side of the door, one member from each side stepping into the doorway and firing off several rounds with loud, hollow pops. Smoke begins to billow out of the door.

Randy turns around, alarmed by the hollow pops and the subsequent smoke billowing through the opening of the door.

DHmgxVw.png

"Again...?! This... Needs to STOP..."

Randy bellows out "MoooOOOOoooOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOo".

RhP3Bkc.png

He lifts his arms, stretched out to both sides, smacks his hands together and shouts out...

"BOOOOooooViiiiiiineeeeeee BLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW".

He blasts wind into the direction of the pop and smoke.

He huffs and puffs, snorts, grunts and then turns around.
    Fourier wrote: »

He remembers seeing movement heading upstairs and thinks to himself.

"Maybe the manager is hiding upstairs, either way, will have more luck anywhere but here..." he thinks to himself as he follows the upwards moving mudslide and the puff of smoke following it.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Thanks for the phamplets, where is the bleedin' medic? I'm not leavin' till I get checked out. I was queueing to use the atm and a bloomin' van knocks me down, inside a bank for crikeys sake! I dont know if i was uncoscious for long, but when i came through, I seen these candlestick bearing thugs waltzing around the bank, then swat must have breached as there was thick smoke everywhere, and the guy beside me had pissed himself and his piss was heading for my face, so on instinct i jumped up, then i noticed the atm was free, so i done my business that i came to the bank for. Then when i was making my way to leave i see the thug and thought i may as well drag him out while i was leaving the bank, following after the wet jocked lad.

Dunno, i dont think i was thinking straight, but dragging him out while unconscios seemed like a sensible thing to do. Maybe i should have left him in there, but what if he came through and shot an officier or hurt a customer, i would have felt bad for leaving that danger inside the bank.
    I hope the red dot brigade didn't shoot wet jocks, its he alright? "
    "'Wet Jocks'? Oh the Urimancer - we caught him eventually, he was trying to bring a fire hydrant to life, but his type are very vulnerable to tazers when they're..uh… doing their thing. We got the tentacle guy too. Another nonreg. Do you guys get some kind of a giro payment on a Tuesday? The bank seems to be full of them! Anyway we'll be taking him to the Reef soon enough, along with your Loomie friend. If you don't want to join them, I suggest you start talking.

We know it's not in your blood, we know it's not in your genes, we know you're not an alien…. but you were dragging that guy - all 90 kilos of him plus those big stupid gloves - like he was a teddy on a skateboard. What was that? Just your fight-or-flight and your overwhelming concern for the general public? Don't waste my time or your liberty with that. Please. Help me to help…"
    The whole truck shakes
    "what the ****?"
    Randy turns around, alarmed by the hollow pops and the subsequent smoke billowing through the opening of the door.

"Again...?! This... Needs to STOP..."

Randy bellows out "MoooOOOOoooOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOo".

He lifts his arms, stretched out to both sides, smacks his hands together and shouts out...

"BOOOOooooViiiiiiineeeeeee BLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW".

He blasts wind into the direction of the pop and smoke.

The spreading teargas belches back out through the foyer, the force pushing the encroaching SWAT teams back out the the door and across the road, the vehicles making up the cordon shaking, some of the smaller cars skidding backwards slightly.

Inside the DoSC van Lt. Gale (Did I mention his name was Lt. Gale earlier? I didn't did I and now that there's a wind it looks a bit weird to mention it now. But that was his name before so there's nothing I can do with it.) Anyway, he breaks away from his interview with Shelly, thumping on the back door of the truck. "Collar her and put her with the others!" he shouts over the roar of the wind to the uniform at the door, jumping out and heading out of sight. "And get me Planeclothes!"

The officer gulps and approaches Shelly tentatively with a black collar in one hand, the other outstretched as if trying to calm an irate goat.
    Porcumorph tries to gauge if she can make it through the slow moving blades to the other side in her current form.
    OOC : Given your power level….

Almost as if sensing her intent, the blades slow and stop. Looking through, she can see that on the other side it's a substantial drop to the floor, at least for a porcupine.

OOC : There is no scientific evidence to suggest they always land on their feet!
    BTW, I'm sure you've been reading all the same informational publishings as I have - or 'Porculit' as we enthusiasts call it - but as this is a comic book universe, and I don't want to live in a world where porcupines shooting their quills is a myth, **** science - you can do it if you want!

Plas runs up to where the duct is and calls SM

'i don't like this my friend. Something is planned....get out of the walls!'

He then positions himself to the side of the door where he was and prepares himself mentally for combat.

OOC : You have a turn in-hand. If you want to insert a character-developing flashback here while Plasma centers himself ahead of the fight to come, it might be worth something…. ;)

He huffs and puffs, snorts, grunts and then turns around.

He remembers seeing movement heading upstairs and thinks to himself.

"Maybe the manager is hiding upstairs, either way, will have more luck anywhere but here..." he thinks to himself as he follows the upwards moving mudslide and the puff of smoke following it.

OOC : The stairs are behind the teller windows. You either need a way through them or you need to bypass the security door on the right hand side of them. Basically, in 2 moves time you'll be caught up with Indigo on the other side.

OOC : Given your power level….

Almost as if sensing her intent, the blades slow and stop. Looking through, she can see that on the other side it's a substantial drop to the floor, at least for a porcupine.

OOC : There is no scientific evidence to suggest they always land on their feet!
    BTW, I'm sure you've been reading all the same informational publishings as I have - or 'Porculit' as we enthusiasts call it - but as this is a comic book universe, and I don't want to live in a world where porcupines shooting their quills is a myth, **** science - you can do it if you want!

Squirapine judges how close the nearest Loomie is, and if she could land on them from her position. Then she curls into a ball, extending her quills outwards.

OOC: If I can land on their face I will otherwise it's quill shootin' time!

"'Wet Jocks'? Oh the Urimancer - we caught him eventually, he was trying to bring a fire hydrant to life, but his type are very vulnerable to tazers when they're..uh… doing their thing. We got the tentacle guy too. Another nonreg. Do you guys get some kind of a giro payment on a Tuesday? The bank seems to be full of them! Anyway we'll be taking him to the Reef soon enough, along with your Loomie friend. If you don't want to join them, I suggest you start talking.

We know it's not in your blood, we know it's not in your genes, we know you're not an alien…. but you were dragging that guy - all 90 kilos of him plus those big stupid gloves - like he was a teddy on a skateboard. What was that? Just your fight-or-flight and your overwhelming concern for the general public? Don't waste my time or your liberty with that. Please. Help me to help…"
    The whole truck shakes
    "what the ****?"

The spreading teargas belches back out through the foyer, the force pushing the encroaching SWAT teams back out the the door and across the road, the vehicles making up the cordon shaking, some of the smaller cars skidding backwards slightly.

Inside the DoSC van Lt. Gale (Did I mention his name was Lt. Gale earlier? I didn't did I and now that there's a wind it looks a bit weird to mention it now. But that was his name before so there's nothing I can do with it.) Anyway, he breaks away from his interview with Shelly, thumping on the back door of the truck. "Collar her and put her with the others!" he shouts over the roar of the wind to the uniform at the door, jumping out and heading out of sight. "And get me Planeclothes!"

The officer gulps and approaches Shelly tentatively with a black collar in one hand, the other outstretched as if trying to calm an irate goat.

Shelly creates an illusion in the officers mind that its gone completely dark,

and she says, "Who turned out the lights?", she then enhances the illusion, so that every 15 seconds, in the extreme right hand side of his periphery vision a red strobe will flash, no matter which direction he is pointing in, then to further the illusion, she makes it so that he should begin to hear a ringing in his ears, like tinnitus, which will block out any and all other sounds, he can hear nothing but the ringing.

Plas centres his mind, just as he had learned long ago. He allows his mind the space to envelop his conciousness - making him aware of his surroundings without having to focus on using his sight to identify what is what and what is where.

In this centred state, a memory pops up in front of his minds eye.

From back when he was younger. And learning to harness his Squirrlan heritage. Learning how to balance his abilities, how to focus, how to keep fighting no matter the obstacle. For what was right.

Another memory.....

Learning about Squirrlon IV from the rocket that had brought him to Earth. Learning what it meant to be alone, surrounded by Greyons and win a fight. The ships AI had simulated so many battle simulations for him to learn from. This was the moment he first realised he could fight crime and help bring peace to his adopted planet.

Another memory......they were flowing through his mind at lighning speed now, yet Plas wasnt missing any of the rich and well developed detail that the GM has set the bar for......a memory of his first fight as Plasma Squirrel.....his first fight alongside Squiramorph....

Guns pointed at him.....criminals with a smug sense of superiority.....Plas using every inch of his power to Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge the attacks of his oppressors. A mind blast at one; using another as a human shield, a swift punch to a third, commandeering a weapon from another.

Plasma Squirrel returns from his semi-meditative state centred and ready to fight.

'Lets do this' he says quietly to himself, resolved not to lose this battle.

OOC: I dont know whats on offer here, but the above should give you scope for something. :D

Squirapine judges how close the nearest Loomie is, and if she could land on them from her position. Then she curls into a ball, extending her quills outwards.

OOC: If I can land on their face I will otherwise it's quill shootin' time!

They're walking back and forth dragging hold-alls. With a test of your co-ordination vs their awareness you could try to drop onto a face, sure.
    Porcumorph [d6+4] vs face [d6+2]

To shoot, it's your co-ordination vs their co-ordination. Roll d6+4 vs d6, and Pick a number between 1 and 4 so I can see what their co-ord is and add it on.

Also, as matter can neither be created nor destroyed those quills have to come from somewhere - Roll on this table :
    1. Marvel - they are made from energy from a parallel dimension
    2. DC - The are a different kind of energy that's grittier and more miserable, but still comes from a parallel dimension.
    3. Image - The quills are parts of your body, which parts will become evident when you change back.
    4. Top Cow - The quills are parts of your clothing, which parts will become evident when you change back but my money's on the buttons keeping your giant breasts in your 2 sizes too small top.
    5. Boom! Box - The quills represent the patriarchy's attitude towards female creatives. Because all men are pricks. Go sisters!
    6. DC Thompson - Quills are for softies! Let's just thump them. Oh no - Look out! It's dad's slipper!

They're walking back and forth dragging hold-alls. With a test of your co-ordination vs their awareness you could try to drop onto a face, sure.
    Porcumorph [d6+4] vs face [d6+2]

To shoot, it's your co-ordination vs their co-ordination. Roll d6+4 vs d6, and Pick a number between 1 and 4 so I can see what their co-ord is and add it on.

Also, as matter can neither be created nor destroyed those quills have to come from somewhere - Roll on this table :
    1. Marvel - they are made from energy from a parallel dimension
    2. DC - The are a different kind of energy that's grittier and more miserable, but still comes from a parallel dimension.
    3. Image - The quills are parts of your body, which parts will become evident when you change back.
    4. Top Cow - The quills are parts of your clothing, which parts will become evident when you change back but my money's on the buttons keeping your giant breasts in your 2 sizes too small top.
    5. Boom! Box - The quills represent the patriarchy's attitude towards female creatives. Because all men are pricks. Go sisters!
    6. DC Thompson - Quills are for softies! Let's just thump them. Oh no - Look out! It's dad's slipper!

OOC: Ok, rolled 1 for Marvel, energy from a parallel dimension!

5 vs 3 for the face land in Squiramorphs favour. I think the dice is broken - 3 1s in a row :(

Shelly creates an illusion in the officers mind that its gone completely dark,

and she says, "Who turned out the lights?", she then enhances the illusion, so that every 15 seconds, in the extreme right hand side of his periphery vision a red strobe will flash, no matter which direction he is pointing in, then to further the illusion, she makes it so that he should begin to hear a ringing in his ears, like tinnitus, which will block out any and all other sounds, he can hear nothing but the ringing.

The officer begins flailing around and shouting for Ozzie. His constant turning towards the strobe has him completely disoriented in a matter of seconds. He stumbles on the far bench, banging his head on the side of the truck and rolling onto the floor, moaning "Grenade! Grenaaaade!" in a dazed voice. The path to the door of the truck is wide open.

• Advertisement

OOC : The stairs are behind the teller windows. You either need a way through them or you need to bypass the security door on the right hand side of them. Basically, in 2 moves time you'll be caught up with Indigo on the other side.

As he tries to pass through the teller window, Randy realizes he might have some difficulty and a good chance of getting stuck if he makes any further en-devours.

He looks to the security door, realizing the obstacle he has to overcome.

IqOJ5EU.gif

He sneaks up to the wall, before slamming himself (facing wall) up against it, with his arms and legs spread wide.

He tiptoes sideways until the door is directly in front of him.

"Mumumumumummmmuuuuuuuuuu...." he utters, under his breath, before starting to gyrate up against the wall.

As he is gyrating, now also his arms start gesticulating all over the door.

Randy lets out a final thrust, pulling his arms to his sides and pushing in with his arms on the final push.

giphy.gif

He lays his hand onto the door and lets out a small puff, before his hand slides past the handle and he gently pokes his pinky into the keyhole.

He whispers to the door. "inaudible" He gives it a sly nudge and a wink, before backing away from it.

As he tries to pass through the teller window, Randy realizes he might have some difficulty and a good chance of getting stuck if he makes any further en-devours.

He looks to the security door, realizing the obstacle he has to overcome.

IqOJ5EU.gif

He sneaks up to the wall, before slamming himself (facing wall) up against it, with his arms and legs spread wide.

He tiptoes sideways until the door is directly in front of him.

"Mumumumumummmmuuuuuuuuuu...." he utters, under his breath, before starting to gyrate up against the wall.

As he is gyrating, now also his arms start gesticulating all over the door.

Randy lets out a final thrust, pulling his arms to his sides and pushing in with his arms on the final push.

giphy.gif

He lays his hand onto the door and lets out a small puff, before his hand slides past the handle and he gently pokes his pinky into the keyhole.

He whispers to the door. "inaudible" He gives it a sly nudge and a wink, before backing away from it.

OOC: Hadnt thought of approaching the door in that fashion. Let's see how this plays out....

Shelly looks around, searching the inside of the DoSC truck. (looking bulletproof breach suits and helmets, if that sort of thing is inside a DoSC truck)

OOC: Ok, rolled 1 for Marvel, energy from a parallel dimension!

5 vs 3 for the face land in Squiramorphs favour. I think the dice is broken - 3 1s in a row :(

ooc : Dice tested - they're fine. But you're cursed!

Squirramorph porcu-squirms between the blades of the fan, while below the loomies finish pulling their heavy burdens towards the door and take up positions.

"7....6.....5...."

Timing her fall to perfection, Squirramorph drops out of the airvent, pulling a 900 degree piked spin.

"...2....1... GoooooOOAAAAAAAAARGH MY FACE!"

The door to the security station opens, jamming half way.

Two of the Loomies manage to squeeze through. One of them is wearing an awesome orange Pimp Hat with a feather.

Back in the vault atrium, Quillface grabs for the porcupine (Roll for Prowess, target is 7 to dodge) while the remaining 3 struggle to open the door.

4 Loomie grunts exit the stairwell followed by Menorah and the Tallowman. One loomie points his candlestick at Plasma Squirrel and squeals a highpitched warcry.

You can go it alone Pter or hang on a sec to see if Indy, Randy or Squirramorph come to your aid

The door yawns open, then begins to swing back and forth in rapid, short arcs like a dog wagging it's tail.

Through the door, Heffernan can see a number of gangsters clopping down the stairs and the Tallowman pointing back at him.
    "You two! Stop the old geezer!" he glorps at two underlings, before down charging after the rest of them

Shelly looks around, searching the inside of the DoSC truck. (looking bulletproof breach suits and helmets, if that sort of thing is inside a DoSC truck)

OOC : the world of Icons is a little fuzzy on Inventory management, because you don't have one. There are no pockets on Superman's suit, unless you count that one he uses exclusively for aubergines. Most items that could be used offensively or defensively are modeled through Powers. Flack jackets are the Devices form of the Resistance power. Guns are a Blast power. Knives are a Strike power. That kind of thing. That's not to say you can't have them, but they're primarily for NPCs, for a PC to get one permanently requires sacrifice / advancement. However, in the interest of having a semi-interactive world, and because Nebelwerfer just ****ed a door open, it might be possible to acquire temporary powers through looting, when appropriate.

The back of the truck is fairly bare - just the benches either side with floor and wall loops that would be suitable for securing restraints to. It looks like it's designed more for transporting undesirables than the good men and women of the department of supercrime. However, the officer rolling around on the ground is wearing a protective vest.

ooc : Dice tested - they're fine. But you're cursed!

Squirramorph porcu-squirms between the blades of the fan, while below the loomies finish pulling their heavy burdens towards the door and take up positions.

"7....6.....5...."

Timing her fall to perfection, Squirramorph drops out of the airvent, pulling a 900 degree piked spin.

"...2....1... GoooooOOAAAAAAAAARGH MY FACE!"

The door to the security station opens, jamming half way.

Two of the Loomies manage to squeeze through. One of them is wearing an awesome orange Pimp Hat with a feather.

Back in the vault atrium, Quillface grabs for the porcupine (Roll for Prowess, target is 7 to dodge) while the remaining 3 struggle to open the door.

4 Loomie grunts exit the stairwell followed by Menorah and the Tallowman. One loomie points his candlestick at Plasma Squirrel and squeals a highpitched warcry.

You can go it alone Pter or hang on a sec to see if Indy, Randy or Squirramorph come to your aid

Plas looks at the Loomie pointing the candlestick at him and roars

'WAAAAIIITTTT.'

He then pauses for effect before continuing....

'Ok friends. We seem to be stuck in a bit of a stand off. You have numbers on me, so i probably cant take you all out. But i can probably take 3 of you down. I can definitely take 2 of you down. For good.

So who wants to be one of the people that dies?

Which one of you wants to go first?

You dont even need to move. Just stay where you are and raise your hand. You can be the first to fall. No loot. No glory. Just death.

Who will it be?'

Plas really hopes his play for time comes off.

OOC : the world of Icons is a little fuzzy on Inventory management, because you don't have one. There are no pockets on Superman's suit, unless you count that one he uses exclusively for aubergines. Most items that could be used offensively or defensively are modeled through Powers. Flack jackets are the Devices form of the Resistance power. Guns are a Blast power. Knives are a Strike power. That kind of thing. That's not to say you can't have them, but they're primarily for NPCs, for a PC to get one permanently requires sacrifice / advancement. However, in the interest of having a semi-interactive world, and because Nebelwerfer just ****ed a door open, it might be possible to acquire temporary powers through looting, when appropriate.

The back of the truck is fairly bare - just the benches either side with floor and wall loops that would be suitable for securing restraints to. It looks like it's designed more for transporting undesirables than the good men and women of the department of supercrime. However, the officer rolling around on the ground is wearing a protective vest.

OOC: it was for disguise, not protection ;)

Shelly exits the truck and then wanders off in the opposite direction of the bank.

The door yawns open, then begins to swing back and forth in rapid, short arcs like a dog wagging it's tail.

Through the door, Heffernan can see a number of gangsters clopping down the stairs and the Tallowman pointing back at him.
    "You two! Stop the old geezer!" he glorps at two underlings, before down charging after the rest of them

"Thats a good boy!" Randy says as he lays his hand on the door.

He points his finger at the door and whispers:

"Now here... Listen...

LISTEN... Ok... Nobody comes through, NOBODY... But me that is... AND make sure to have a little fun ok buddy?".

He gives the door a smile and a wink.

"Stay still, till it matters, ok buddy?!" He scratches the door around the handle

"Thats a good boy...".

He looks onto the gangsters.

"You wouldnt hurt an old man, would you? I am old, feeble and unarmed, please dont hurt me...". he explains to the goons as he lays his hands on the back of his head, with his knees bending in slightly so to appear non-threatening.

• Advertisement

OOC: it was for disguise, not protection ;)

Shelly exits the truck and then wanders off in the opposite direction of the bank.

Don't you Mauler me, sKeith! I invented Maulering! And not on purpose!

In her new Soup-logoed stab vest, Shelly is able to slip through the cordon effortlessly.

"This is Fabio Castell standing in for Allie Tramway, Live from 1st National, downtown Sovereign. Back to you in the studio.... We clear? Ok Brian - set up over there, we'll interview the yokel for the 6pm slot. Excuse me sir! Fabio Castell, Channel 3 news - can tell us what you saw?"
    "Well, I was just here eatin' mah beef nuggets with mah wife - say hello hunny!"
    "Well Hi!"
    "and this van drove straight on in, n' smoke pours out and then this kid - sexy young dude, he was, turn a fellas head soon as look at him - he just runs up n ' he turns into smoke too"
    "mmm hmmm? Smoke?" Fabio makes the cut-throat gesture at Brian "yeah, someone's been smoking something - Brian find me a real interview. Thank you sir, that's great"
    "m'I gonna be on TV? You want a beef nugget? Ooof!"
    He drops his nuggets as Shelly pushes through
    "'Scuse me officer, didn't see yuh there!"

Shelly has crossed the street and is now on the far side of the group of onlookers. Beyond lies freedom... anonymity.... obscurity... streets I haven't drawn yet... a C-Loop train station...

Advertisement