Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    Plas regards the sexy young dudes and older gentleman.

'Can any of you provide us some cover so we can get to the roof? We have a helicopter waiting for us there....I can offer you a way out of here if you can get us to the roof unseen'

OOC: Are you trying to form the Super Best Friends? :pac:

latest?cb=20100415213738

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sKeith wrote: »
    Shelly has a craving for a big family sized bucket of fried chicken and a family sized soda drink to wash it down, she wanders off on her new mission.

Ah! You want Bwaaak Bwaaak Bwaaakets! Fun for all the family but at busy periods you'll have to share a booth. Go straight ahead down 3rd, cross the tramlines and then take a right onto Baxter, you'll see it. The big bucket with the animatronic wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necrominus wrote:
    OOC: Are you trying to form the Super Best Friends?

OOC: NO IM RUNNING OFF AHEAD AND LEAVING MY SCURRY PARTNER BEHIND

Put the small vial in my pocket, undo his belt and remove the ring dangling from it.

Roll the goon off me and onto the floor.

Look for a direction to which I can flee and most likely remain unspotted, or even hitch a ride (ooc: in lets say, a helicopter).

You hear a slight click as you remove the ring, it's not exactly but very similar to the audio equivalent of the feeling of someone not reading the posts above them about explosions.

OOC: NO IM RUNNING OFF AHEAD AND LEAVING MY SCURRY PARTNER BEHIND

OOC: Well, I WAS helping but SOMEONE had to go and get their pimp hat :p:p

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote:
    OOC: Well, I WAS helping but SOMEONE had to go and get their pimp hat

OOC: Well i kinda feel like if you didn't even know to go get my hat what are we even doing as a team.

OOC : Oh no! Are the Secret Squirrels breaking up? Who gets the chopper covered in DNA at the weekends? :D

OOC: Well i kinda feel like if you didn't even know to go get my hat what are we even doing as a team.

OOC: It wasn't your hat until about 5 mins ago :pac: (Game time anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

"Oh Damn, that was a mistake" he thinks to himself.

He grabs the belt and, goes onto the floor and speeds out of that.

"Got to go guys, made an oopsie, should cause distraction" he shouts as he scoots off.

Randy tries to find the nearest lake or water to throw the belt into.

Plas moves up the stairs away from whatever device the old man seems to have set off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah! You want Bwaaak Bwaaak Bwaaakets! Fun for all the family but at busy periods you'll have to share a booth. Go straight ahead down 3rd, cross the tramlines and then take a right onto Baxter, you'll see it. The big bucket with the animatronic wings.
    Shelly thanks the writer/narrator, and adds, "watch where u puttin' that pencil", and then runs off in the directions given.

"Oh Damn, that was a mistake" he thinks to himself.

He grabs the belt and, goes onto the floor and speeds out of that.

"Got to go guys, made an oopsie, should cause distraction" he shouts as he scoots off.

Randy tries to find the nearest lake or water to throw the belt into.

Lying on the ground, supported on a blurred cushion of air, Heffernan hovers out of the room like cheetah after a...a.... a jungle rabbit? It seems like less than an eyeblink and he's back in the room. Seconds later there's a muffled kaboom from the vault and the sound of debris clattering to the ground.

Ooc : indigo's duplication power is fading. If you had any light work requiring many hands, or taboo-breaking horizons to explore, best crack on.

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: Luckily I have certain powers then eh?

Squiramorph pauses and lightly says the words:

'Form of - a squirrel!'

Once she has transformed she darts up towards the roof as quickly as she can.

Ooc : It's not worth the roll! You go unseen!

Squirramorph scampers up the stairs to the upper offices. Theres a door where the stairs up should be , marked as restricted access.

Off to the left she can hear a hushed, harshly whispered argument.

Plas moves up the stairs away from whatever device the old man seems to have set off

Given the speed of his return, I'll leave it up to you whether you ran up the stairs and were seen by swat or not.

Given the alternative of getting hit by a grenade blast, Plas is moving fairly lively.

Shelly thanks the writer/narrator, and adds, "watch where u puttin' that pencil", and then runs off in the directions given.

Shelly arrives at Bwaaak Bwaaak Bwaaakets!, home of Red Rooster's Relation-sized Receptacle - because a big cock needs a deep bucket!
    The 4Rer will cost you 20 monies, but it feeds four medium-sized adults, has no vegetables in it and comes with a 2 litre bottle of cola. There's a booth free back near the toilets.

It's busy at the counter but most of the clientele are waiting for food, their orders placed.
    "........well..come...to....bwaaaak.... bwaaaak.... bwaaaakets....
    Home....of.....Red.... Rooster's..... Relation....... sized ...... Receptacle" the stoned teenager behind the till drones when you finally get to the front of the queue.

Ooc : It's not worth the roll! You go unseen!

Squirramorph scampers up the stairs to the upper offices. Theres a door where the stairs up should be , marked as restricted access.

Off to the left she can hear a hushed, harshly whispered argument.

OOC: Oh you do love to tempt me :P

Squiramorph peeks to the left to see what she can see. Hopefully some acorns, she's starving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Plas regards the sexy young dudes and older gentleman.

'Can any of you provide us some cover so we can get to the roof? We have a helicopter waiting for us there....I can offer you a way out of here if you can get us to the roof unseen'
    'Plasma Squirrel wants help from me?' Indigo thinks to himself with pride.

"Of course Plasma Squirrel, though I fear we have erred greatly..."

He looks at the unconscious perps.

"...we assaulted these men without giving them their Miranda warning, are we any better than they?"

Wracked by late 90s comic hero liberal guilt, Indigo stands ready from instructions from Plasma squirrel as he follows him.

'We arent cops my friend. If we had read them their rights we would be arrested for impersonating an officer.' Plas says from up the stairs.

'Now lets go! To the roof!!'

I'm not around this evening but Pter - you'll need to roll your coordination to sneak and I'll pick it up at some point

• Advertisement

Plas climbs another step on the stairs.

As he ascends the steps, Plasma Squirrel stays low. He can hear chatter drifting through the shattered teller windows from the customer hall, where SWAT are going body to body checking for signs of life and consciousness, at least a couple of whom seem to be their own. Over by the open security door, one officer is checking the body of the door-inated Loomie while another covers him.

Pter rolled a 7. Two SWAT officers were in a position to see him. The one at the door succeeded. Unfortunately for him :(

"Hey you! In the pimp hat! Freeze!"
    The SWAT officer advances through the open security doors, rifle raised. The doors slam closed on him like angry pinball flippers, catapulting him back into the customer hall where he lands on an advice desk. The only other visible SWAT officer spins towards the sounds of the doors.

This will afford you a moment of distraction should you choose to run. The door to the customer hall is closed but the teller windows are destroyed so you could easily jump through there. There's stairs up to where Squirramorph is, stairs back down to the vault. To your right, on your side of the closed security doors there's a desk with multiple monitors and the jutting of the wall suggests there's a room or partitioned area. To the left there's a wide corridor ending in a door.

Plas chooses to cut his losses and catch up with Squiramorph.

He dashes towards the teller windows and jumps through with ease before ascending a flight of stairs up to where Squirramorph is.

OOC: Oh you do love to tempt me :P

Squiramorph peeks to the left to see what she can see. Hopefully some acorns, she's starving.

From down on the floor, her visibility is limited. It looks like a cube farm up here, with a series of half-height partition walls arrayed in front of her in two blocks. To the left she can see that the back wall, which is glass from about four feet off the ground, has an opening around a third of the distance between where she's standing and the far wall, but the angle is too shallow for her to see inside. There's a rich buttery smell undercut with chocolate and coffee that suggests it's a break area and they have choccy digestives.

From down on the floor, her visibility is limited. It looks like a cube farm up here, with a series of half-height partition walls arrayed in front of her in two blocks. To the left she can see that the back wall, which is glass from about four feet off the ground, has an opening around a third of the distance between where she's standing and the far wall, but the angle is too shallow for her to see inside. There's a rich buttery smell undercut with chocolate and coffee that suggests it's a break area and they have choccy digestives.

The smell is overpowering. Squiramorph is guided by her nose like one of those cartoon characters and makes for the break area.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Shelly arrives at Bwaaak Bwaaak Bwaaakets!, home of Red Rooster's Relation-sized Receptacle - because a big cock needs a deep bucket!
    The 4Rer will cost you 20 monies, but it feeds four medium-sized adults, has no vegetables in it and comes with a 2 litre bottle of cola. There's a booth free back near the toilets.

It's busy at the counter but most of the clientele are waiting for food, their orders placed.
    "........well..come...to....bwaaaak.... bwaaaak.... bwaaaakets....
    Home....of.....Red.... Rooster's..... Relation....... sized ...... Receptacle" the stoned teenager behind the till drones when you finally get to the front of the queue.
    Shelly conjure up the image of a large man and two bratty teenagers to fill the seats in the booth before someone else decides to commandeer them.

"Two 4Rers and 4 cups please, and two portions of onion rings and two portions of battered mushrooms."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Plas chooses to cut his losses and catch up with Squiramorph.

He dashes towards the teller windows and jumps through with ease before ascending a flight of stairs up to where Squirramorph is.
    Indigo follows Plasma Squirrel toward the stairs.

Shelly conjure up the image of a large man and two bratty teenagers to fill the seats in the booth before someone else decides to commandeer them.

"Two 4Rers and 4 cups please, and two portions of onion rings and two portions of battered mushrooms."

"Sorry….sir………only…….. What…… you……. See…… on……the …….menu ……"
    She gestures at the board behind her, featuring 4 different sizes of container filled with battered chicken bit (the aforementioned Relation-sized Receptacle, the Cock-a-doodle-Duo Dish (a couples-sized sharing platter), the Loner's Leg Locker and the Magnum, the picture of which suggests they batter and fry a whole unplucked, living chicken).

Before Shelly can reconsider her options, the teenager is gone to very….. slowly….. assemble… the…….. order…..

In the corner, a bratty teenager whines "I don't have to eat this! You're not even my real dad, Craig!" while another patron who had been aiming to take the seat promptly adjusts their trajectory to a wall counter.
    Fourier wrote: »
    Indigo follows Plasma Squirrel toward the stairs.
    Given their abilities, neither Indigo (1 or 2!) nor Heffernan will have a problem getting up the stairs unseen, so feel free to take it that you are behind Squiramorph and Plas if that's where you wish to be. Ignore that stuff he said about jumping through windows though, he just continued on up the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Given their abilities, neither Indigo (1 or 2!) nor Heffernan will have a problem getting up the stairs unseen, so feel free to take it that you are behind Squiramorph and Plas if that's where you wish to be. Ignore that stuff he said about jumping through windows though, he just continued on up the stairs.

Randy sticks uncomfortably close to the scurried squirrel squad.

• Advertisement

The smell is overpowering. Squiramorph is guided by her nose like one of those cartoon characters and makes for the break area.

There's a small kitchenette with a seating area and a snack vending machine. Under the tables are huddled 11 people, a couple of them whimpering softly to themselves, but two engaged in a heated if hushed argument.

Squiramorph gathers that Diana from HR feels that as the most senior member of the team in the break-out area, Laverne should have asked her first before eating any of the biscuits, which really they should be rationing because they don't know how long they're going to be here.

Laverne's counter-argument is that Diana can **** off, because she doesn't know if or when those bastards will be back or what they'll do when they get there - if Laverne is going to be murdered it's not going to be on an empty stomach when there's a full pack of chocolate digestives sitting right there, thank you very much, and anyways since when were HR in charge of anything?

While Diana cannot agree with Laverne on this point, both are of a mind that Kendra's screech at seeing a rodent was as unnerving as it was unnecessary. Laverne's eyes move from the creature's nibbling teeth to the biscuits and back, narrowing as they go, and she subtley reaches to remove a shoe.

Advertisement