Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private vs Semi Private Coombe

Options
  • 09-10-2018 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I’m just looking for some information for private vs semi private care for having baby number 2 in the coombe. I’d love to know all the pros and cons to both. I have been doing a lot of research and I think I would like to go under prof Deirdre Murphy. Does anyone have any experience with her? Also I know she does Cover the public clinic too so maybe I should be investigating going in public under her but can you request her? Would it actually be her you would see or a member of her team?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

Hi all,
    I’m just looking for some information for private vs semi private care for having baby number 2 in the coombe. I’d love to know all the pros and cons to both. I have been doing a lot of research and I think I would like to go under prof Deirdre Murphy. Does anyone have any experience with her? Also I know she does Cover the public clinic too so maybe I should be investigating going in public under her but can you request her? Would it actually be her you would see or a member of her team?
    Thanks

I requested to be under Deirdre Murphy’s care on public for my second. She had delivered my first (also under public, I had been on domino but was induced and switched to consultant care) in an emergency situation and I can’t say enough good things about her.

I had a c section for my second baby 2 weeks ago and while she didn’t actually operate as it wasn’t on her theatre day, she was at my 2 appointments where we made decisions about my labour/delivery. The other appointments I saw other docs on her team, all bar one were very nice also. Regarding Deirdre herself, I felt listened to and respected- she’s very professional but just a really nice person too.

I think if I had the money and had another baby I would go private with DM. Feel free to PM for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I’m private and attending Deirdre Murphy. This will be the second baby of mine she has delivered and I cannot rate her highly enough.
    My pregnancies have been fine but the delivery on my last one was .....well let’s say eventful and I think she saved both my life and that of my little boy. She is the best. Please feel free to send me a PM for any extra information or questions you have.

Advertisement