Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Hub

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It retailing now @ £109 in the UK (down from £139), it was £99 for the week around Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭Mech1

Thanks Beast078,
    its perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

Mech1 wrote: »
    Thanks Beast078,
    its perfect.
    Ah cool. Thanks for letting me know. I don’t know whether to go with amazon Alexa or google home. Both have advantages and disadvantages....decisions, decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Got mine this morning and it’s all set up & fabulous. ðŸ˜

Routines is now enabled in Google home. And I’m trying to figure out how to create one from scratch.

Also. It’s pulling in photos and I can’t tell where from and I’m mildly terrified somethings gonna display that shouldn’t 😵

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

OU812 wrote: »

Routines is now enabled in Google home. And I’m trying to figure out how to create one from scratch.

Also. It’s pulling in photos and I can’t tell where from and I’m mildly terrified somethings gonna display that shouldn’t 😵
    Photos come from Google photos. You can select which specific album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I just made an album called 'Smart Home Album' and gave the Mrs access too, so we both just add the ones we want to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

OU812 wrote: »

Any problems setting it up, I can't get mine to be detected

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Is there a way to enable a night mode type setting by saying something and predefined lights all go off or dimmed as before?. It's a pain turning them all to the way i want at night. I would like 9ne command that changes all to what i want in one go.
    Am i missing something?.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is there a way to enable a night mode type setting by saying something and predefined lights all go off or dimmed as before?. It's a pain turning them all to the way i want at night. I would like 9ne command that changes all to what i want in one go.
    Am i missing something?.
    Thanks

Look up Google routine's on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

It won't let me buy one up North from Currys or Argos, even though I have an address to deliver it to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

SSr0 wrote: »
    It won't let me buy one up North from Currys or Argos, even though I have an address to deliver it to?

You need a sterling credit card like Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

I can set a radio alarm on my GH mini just fine, yet the home hub cannot do this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Some help / advice:

I have my Google Home Hub, all works bar the following. If I ask it to play any video ( for eg, "how do I cut a pineapple" ) the unit plays maybe a few seconds of the video then frezzes and reboots itself.
    I contacted Google, did a factory reset, moved closer to the wifi etc - still have the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? I seems like a software issue , but Google have offered me a replacement unit - but using address pal its just hassle.

Anyone experience with the above, maybe offer some advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is it YouTube you're using?

Have to you tried asking the hub to play the video on another device like chromecast?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Is it YouTube you're using?

Have to you tried asking the hub to play the video on another device like chromecast?
    Don't have any chrome cast devices, so the issue is this, I ask "OK Google how do I cut a pineapple" (this is the example they tell you to use on the intro video), The hub maybe plays a second or two, then freezes ad reboots. I think it is playing it from youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

It is cute but the Google home hub is pretty small as is.. I can see me adding to bedside locker soon

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It is cute but the Google home hub is pretty small as is.. I can see me adding to bedside locker soon

Yes, my Hub is on my bedside locker and it is great there.

Of course it is great for their to be a new smaller option for people who want even smaller, but I think the 7" hub is the perfect size for a bedside device. It really doesn't take up much space, actually a lot smaller then traditional bedside radio clocks of old (maybe a bit taller, but much smaller footprint, leaving lots of space for other things).

Also the Ambient screen thing is fantastic, it isn't too bright at all at night, just right. My missus is always giving out about the bright blue LED indicator lights that come with chargers etc. that I end up having to cover up with tape. She has zero complaints about the Hub and now wants one for the kitchen too :)

I moved the hub to the kitchen and the Lenovo to the living room as you can't cast an image (of a recipe) to the Lenovo, but the small one just looks wrong now compared to the 10" one. Love if Google did a 9 or 10 of the hub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Patww79 wrote: »
    I moved the hub to the kitchen and the Lenovo to the living room as you can't cast an image (of a recipe) to the Lenovo, but the small one just looks wrong now compared to the 10" one. Love if Google did a 9 or 10 of the hub.

There seems to be conflicting info out on the web about this, but you have clearly tested it. I am trying to figure out which to buy, Google or Lenovo etc. On a number of sites i have seen them saying that casting to the Lenovo is fine, then another said Yes but only from certain sources, and then i saw a thread showing a response from google support saying Google Home casting is not supported to the Lenovo.

This link below (Number 9 on the page) say that casting recipes from a device like your phone to the Lenovo is ok - but it doesnt say from what app on the phone - https://www.androidcentral.com/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-lenovo-smart-display

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

If you ask it to show your shopping list does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

If you ask it to show your shopping list does it work?

It does on the lenovo.

And the Home Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Patww79 wrote: »
    And the Home Hub.
    Cool, just wasn't sure given it was a webpage.

Cool, just wasn't sure given it was a webpage.

Reads them back to you and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Google home hub does too

Edit: Sorry slow to upload on my phone question already answered

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

Does anyone have a doorbell camera setup that work with Google Home Hub? "Hey Google, show me the front door"

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

mojor wrote: »
    Does anyone have a doorbell camera setup that work with Google Home Hub? "Hey Google, show me the front door"

Yep, works fine :) (nest hello)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Moreilly wrote: »
    Yep, works fine :) (nest hello)

I have Ring and it's doubtful it will ever work with Google Assistant as Amazon have bought them

Advertisement