Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home grants for heating and insulation budget 2019

Options
  • 09-10-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Has this been extended into 2019 the Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) Scheme covering grants for home insulation, heating upgrades etc

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bri007 wrote: »
    Has this been extended into 2019 the Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) Scheme covering grants for home insulation, heating upgrades etc

The HRI is not a grant system.
    The grant system is administered by the SEAI who will give grants for any sustainable home improvement works using registered contractors from their list.

The HRI is a VAT incentive linked to tax credits for any improvement works such as kitchens, tiles, gardens etc etc

But to answer the question, grants for insulation are still in place as it’s an SEAI program.
    Can’t confirm about the HRI scheme just yet as I’m not 100% it’s still in place but I imagine it is and will be extended into 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Ah perfect, thanks yeah sorry I got that mixed up it was the SEAI one I meant to ask about.

Thanks for the reply.

Brian.
    kceire wrote: »
    The HRI is not a grant system.
    The grant system is administered by the SEAI who will give grants for any sustainable home improvement works using registered contractors from their list.

The HRI is a VAT incentive linked to tax credits for any improvement works such as kitchens, tiles, gardens etc etc

But to answer the question, grants for insulation are still in place as it’s an SEAI program.
    Can’t confirm about the HRI scheme just yet as I’m not 100% it’s still in place but I imagine it is and will be extended into 2019.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Doesn't look like the HRI has been extended in the budget, so will close March 2019.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

spockety wrote: »
    Doesn't look like the HRI has been extended in the budget, so will close March 2019.

Even better, I thought it was due to end 31st Dec 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

In order to qualify for the HRI, the work must be done between 25 October 2013 and 31 December 2018 for homeowners; between 15 October 2014 and 31 December 2018 for landlords; and between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2018 for local authority tenants. The only exception to the closing date is if planning permission is required for the work. If this is the case, planning permission must be in place by 31 December 2018, but you have until the 31 March 2019 to complete and pay for the work.

This ends on 31 December 2018 for the vast majority, see above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement