Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB internation euro bank draft

• 09-10-2018 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I read in a previous thread that "You can purchase a draft in any AIB branch and there is no limit on the amount you can request as long as the funds are available in the account. If you are purchasing a Euro draft the cost will be €3.50 regardless of the amount".
    I am buying a property in Spain and would like to confirm that I can obtain such a draft for use in another euro country, in this case Spain. The amount would be 43350 euros.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, that sounds fine but wouldn't you be better off doing a bank transfer? If you get a draft, you have a piece of paper which could go missing, leading to all sorts of complications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dodie65

That's what I am considering. Issue with a bank transfer surely is that I would be transferring it to vendor's account directly and then it is a question of timing. Although you probably mean transferring to my account in Spain. Problem I haven't opened one yet but moreb to the point taking out a bank draft from Spanish bank can be very expensive, potentially.

Advertisement