Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork city council

Options
  • 09-10-2018 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Do anyone know if this is allowed??

The council are currently transferring my mother and my siblings to an adapted property and also me and my two children? It would be classed as overcrowding are they allowed to do this ?am I entitled to my own home from them? I'm currently on the housing list too waiting to be housed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

How many people and how many bedrooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kerriejonesxx

mordeith wrote: »
    How many people and how many bedrooms?

Hey so altogether their will be 9 of us going into the new home that's including me and my children into a 4 bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Hey so altogether their will be 9 of us going into the new home that's including me and my children into a 4 bed

It sure beats a tent lad.
    I think there's a 2 year waiting list for the 6 bedroom mansions!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

There's rules around this and it depends on how old the children are, how many men and women there are and if any of those are married/cohabiting. There was a case a while back of a family of 5 living in a 1 bed house. They went to court and lost the case as it was not deemed overcrowded within the rules. Best place really though to ask is the council themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

.red. wrote: »

I was thinking it was herself alright, certainly seems like it is.

• Advertisement

I was thinking it was herself alright, certainly seems like it is.

I've been homeless before I wouldn't like to go down that route again. I'm just asking are they allowed to transfer two families to one house not looking for a mansion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I've been homeless before I wouldn't like to go down that route again. I'm just asking are they allowed to transfer two families to one house not looking for a mansion!
    I know two families living together so that one can save up to afford a house of their own.
    If you have an issue with the council, contact the council.

I know two families living together so that one can save up to afford a house of their own.
    If you have an issue with the council, contact the council.

With my weekly earnings their is no way in hell I could afford to buy a property

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

With my weekly earnings their is no way in hell I could afford to buy a property
    Then you are part of a very long list of people all over the country.
    Huge housing shortage, expensive renting, large deposits require for a house.

Even if a qualified person was here to answer your question, without them knowing your particulars (age of everyone, quality of the house, the background of everyone....) it may be difficult to provide an answer.

The council themselves are being squeezed on this, they have only so many places. A free 4 bed house may be snapped up by someone else.

The council or a support group are your best avenues.

Then you are part of a very long list of people all over the country.
    Huge housing shortage, expensive renting, large deposits require for a house.

Even if a qualified person was here to answer your question, without them knowing your particulars (age of everyone, quality of the house, the background of everyone....) it may be difficult to provide an answer.

The council themselves are being squeezed on this, they have only so many places. A free 4 bed house may be snapped up by someone else.

The council or a support group are your best avenues.

Thank you I will go down later see what they can do I was trying to see if anyone out their was in this position before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

There's a difference between being homeless, and not wanting to move into a house that is being provided!
    Most homeless people would be happy living in a converted she'd as long as it was habitable. Others want 5/6 bedroom houses that families with an income of €80/90k a year can't afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

.red. wrote: »

Is this the after hours forum?

Should be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Do anyone know if this is allowed??

The council are currently transferring my mother and my siblings to an adapted property and also me and my two children? It would be classed as overcrowding are they allowed to do this ?am I entitled to my own home from them? I'm currently on the housing list too waiting to be housed

Mod:

I'd suggest contacting the council.

You wont find the information that you need or want, here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement