Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statement required for proof of address

Options
  • 09-10-2018 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

I need proof of address to register a car, however if I print off a statement I will need to have it stamped at a bank branch.

Can I get this done at any branch or does it have to be my own - unfortunately my own branch isn't convenient to my workplace and I'd like to get this taken care of tomorrow.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I need proof of address to register a car, however if I print off a statement I will need to have it stamped at a bank branch.

Can I get this done at any branch or does it have to be my own - unfortunately my own branch isn't convenient to my workplace and I'd like to get this taken care of tomorrow.

Thanks!
    normally when you are setting up an account with a financial institution they will accept a utility bill (not a mobile phone) as proof of address, not sure if this helps, just thought I'd mention it just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

gimli2112 wrote: »
    normally when you are setting up an account with a financial institution they will accept a utility bill (not a mobile phone) as proof of address, not sure if this helps, just thought I'd mention it just in case.

Thanks, unfortunately I have no such utility bill and for VRT purposes I need an original utility bill from the last 6 months,or failing that,a stamped copy of a bank statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Mancomb Seepgood,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

A printed off estatement is an original document, you should not need to get it stamped.
    However, if it is necessary you can call into your local branch with photo ID and they will be able to help you with this.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement