Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ltd company

Options
  • 09-10-2018 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im considering setting up a ltd company as a tradesman in construction,my question is how do i pay myself,i have to pay class s prsi,i have no idea what it is.any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

Get some advice on this. It does not sound like a great idea to me. I guess you would be an employee of the company and would be paid like any other employee. However, there would be corporation tax on any profit after paying your wages, close company surcharges and administration costs for tax and company office filing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Unless you are going to employ staff or expect a higher than normal possibility of not being paid , a limited company is an expense you can do without.If you are going to carry out the labour yourself with one or two guys , a sole trader business with a separate business a/c would be a much simpler way to go

Advertisement