Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do companies care about sales lost through a poor social media presence ?

Options
  • 09-10-2018 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I am aware that many companies use third parties to run their Facebook/Twitter pages for them, but I wonder how many of them realise how much damage a poorly run page can cause.

I am assuming/hoping that my experiences were the result of such third party run social media, as I would hate to think that it was the actual company itself.

I won't mention company names but all were household names. The first concerns a leading Irish grocery brand, who were running a promotion, I queried an aspect of the promotion(as they had laid down terms and conditions) and got a terse reply saying it was their promotion and they would run it anyway they wanted(in reply I told them we wouldn't be buying their products again, costing them over 500 Euro in lost sales so far). I've also seen many cases where to enter a promotion you had to be a Republic of Ireland resident and yet the winning entrants' Facebook/Twitter page said they live in the UK, the USA or in one case Australia. I asked about this once or twice and they company/brand didn't seem to care, basically excusing the way the rules were bent(I've stopped using these companies products/stores too).

So do companies not realise that badly run promotions that carry their name, can cost them business ?

Has anyone else stopped using a business or product as the result of a badly run promotion or poorly handled query on a company Facebook or Twitter page ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If a third party is running it, you can be sure the brand never knows about the negative feedback.

Advertisement