Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club La Santa

Options
  • 09-10-2018 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I have a trip to Lanzarote booked for November, had planned on staying in puerto del carmen and renting a bike and doing 5/6 days in the saddle. While looking up accommodation I stumbled upon Club La Santa. It happens to be International bike week at the same time I'm there. 7 Guided cycles over the 7 days.Reasonably cheap, but La Santa looks pretty secluded. Just wondering if anyone has done any of there group cycle tours, training camps or stayed there and whether they'd recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

La Santa is very remote. You go there for the peace and quiet and training. No temptation at all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Currently in Lanza in PDC.

Rented from Revolution Bikes and found the service excellent.

Very nice Specialized delivered to the villa and had a good chat with the guy delivering (the owner of the shop, I think) who gave me some advice about routes. Three days in to a seven day rental and no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Exiled1

Currently in Lanza in PDC.

Rented from Revolution Bikes and found the service excellent.

Very nice Specialized delivered to the villa and had a good chat with the guy delivering (the owner of the shop, I think) who gave me some advice about routes. Three days in to a seven day rental and no complaints.

Best advice for cycling in Lanzarote. Great shop, not the cheapest but great bikes. (I'm not related!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

La Santa is very remote. You go there for the peace and quiet and training. No temptation at all there.

thats what i thought alright, a little temptation wouldnt hurt. The missus wont be cycling either so thats probably a non runner then.

Chris871 wrote: »
    thats what i thought alright, a little temptation wouldnt hurt. The missus wont be cycling either so thats probably a non runner then.

Get yer missus cycling!!

The track along the seafront from PDC to Arrecife is dead flat. I usually set off with herself we go out to Arrecife and back......she peels off and I go and crucify myself on the hills for a couple of hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

I have a trip to Lanzarote booked for November, had planned on staying in puerto del carmen and renting a bike and doing 5/6 days in the saddle. While looking up accommodation I stumbled upon Club La Santa. It happens to be International bike week at the same time I'm there. 7 Guided cycles over the 7 days.Reasonably cheap, but La Santa looks pretty secluded. Just wondering if anyone has done any of there group cycle tours, training camps or stayed there and whether they'd recommend?

was in that part of Spain last month. Didn't seem like it would be a good spot for cycling, really. For other things, maybe, but there are better options for a week away on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

1bryan wrote: »
    was in that part of Spain last month. Didn't seem like it would be a good spot for cycling, really. For other things, maybe, but there are better options for a week away on the bike.

Why do you say that? I was under the impression Lanzarote was one of the better cycling destinations about. Particularly weather wise this late in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

Why do you say that? I was under the impression Lanzarote was one of the better cycling destinations about. Particularly weather wise this late in the year

never mind me, I read the thread as La Manga, not La Santa. A work collegue was in La Santa last january and said it was a great spot, especially for triathletes.

Meanwhile, I need more coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Our club (triathlon) have gone there the last few years in a row. Its an excellent spot for that, as a couples or family holiday I'm not sure how your OH would enjoy it if she isn't doing a lot of training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

+1 for revolution bikes. Great service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Seems to always be windy there.

Yep......and outside the urban areas there is zero shelter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

+1 on this. I was there for a month this year. Stayed in Playa Blanca right in the south of the island and every ride had a slog into the wind for the first hour or two. Good training, but not very enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

Prefer Tenerife and GC for the variety, but nothing wrong with Lanzarote. Agree on the wind and Triathletes! Top tip... disc wheels don't work well in strong cross winds. My wife said she saw a few blown into the ditch on the road out from Playa Blanca (absolutely no shelter there).

La Santa is a pretty good location for exploring the island on bike. Good climbs to the north. Interesting volcanic scenery to the south. Not one bit of hassle from any car, even on the busier roads.

Advertisement