Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

600 Quid Gaming Build

Options
  • 09-10-2018 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

What is your budget? [Around 600 (bit more if worth it)]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Internet (medium games)]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [20-22"]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [No]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [I've never done it before but i'm willing to try it, though well within the safe limits]

8. How can you pay? [Any (preferably from Irish or UK website)]

9. When are you purchasing? [Possibly a year but want to get an idea of what I can expect]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [I will attempt myself]

Games like Battlefield 4, Rimworld, mainly medium end. Preferably brand new

Might not be building for a while and obviously graphic card prices could settle but want to see what I should expect.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Since you are building in a year it is hard to recommend any current components. With your limited budget, I'd recommend looking second-hand for intel i7 cpus and matching motherboards. Many people will be upgrading when AMD release their new chips on 7nm, and intel have a new i9 which is all big and shiny. An i7 from Haswell generation (sandybridge and ivybridge are showing their age) and upwards is still a rock solid chip which will play the latest BF games easily. Pair that with a second hand GPU like a GTX 1060 6gb and you'll be golden.

If you went new... I'd probably recommend a Ryzen G part such as the Ryzen 5 2400G (or next gen version if available). The integrated graphics will let you play esports games and provide you with an upgrade path to adding a dedicated graphics card later.

Overclockers.co.uk are my favourite PC parts retailer. Though amazon, scan and alternate might have deals to look out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Unfortunately impossible to answer to be honest if it's a year away. Prices are volatile the last while so you're best off asking closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

We don't even know what the situation is gonna be like next year with buying from UK websites.

Advertisement