Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New charges for bins around cork

Options
  • 09-10-2018 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Our bin contract is out at the end of the month so we're looking around at our options (we're currently with country clean). The new per lift charges now apply but none of the websites seem to be displaying their prices! I've heard that you can negotiate the finer details of the package with them, has anyone done this or recommend which company has the current best prices? We've emailed them all but they're very slow to get back
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Unfortunately the waste collection sector is completely unregulated so trying to get transparency around pricing is a hard task for consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

I use https://kollect.ie/ - and would recommend the service and they are very nice to deal with and full transparency.

Now I only have reg. bin and travel a lot so only needs to be lifted once every 4/5 weeks so suits me perfectly ( I recycle separately )

cost (inc back charge) 13.50 regardless of weight which I think is great value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

bungaro79 wrote: »
    The new per lift charges now apply but none of the websites seem to be displaying their prices!

I'm with Country Clean paying a basic rate of €27.98

But going off a text I got a few days ago I've been going over their allowance:

350KG 6 month lift allowance = 58.3KG per month
    (includes both recycling and general waste)

If you exceed that allowance, each additional KG is charged at 0.16c

10KG = €1.60
    50KG = €8
    etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I also recently got a text from Country Clean that I was approaching my annual weight allowance and I would be charged, as you said, per kg after that.

My monthly direct debit went from 26.42 to over 32 euro/month from October 1st. I was wondering if it was just me or a blanket increase.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

reic wrote: »
    I also recently got a text from Country Clean that I was approaching my annual weight allowance and I would be charged, as you said, per kg after that.

My monthly direct debit went from 26.42 to over 32 euro/month from October 1st. I was wondering if it was just me or a blanket increase.

Me too. My text said I may go over my 6 month allowance. It had, for the first time a username and pin for my account. I logged in to see the weights of all my bins over the last 6 months. I had in fact gone over my compost limit 2 months ago. So I will have to pay for every kg in the last 2 months. Very annoying as I have another way of getting rid of grass. I keep meaning to ring them but I forget. You would think I should have got the text 2 or 3 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, they all seem to just want you to sign up without knowing all the prices. Country Clean sent us that text out of the blue too, we had no idea that there was a limit or when it was going to be set.

Advertisement