Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netatmo and Energia day/night problem

Options
  • 08-10-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why Energia won't provide a Netatmo (when I switch) as I have day and night electricity meters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Split from zombie thread in Bargain Alerts

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone know why Energia won't provide a Netatmo (when I switch) as I have day and night electricity meters?

Just sounds like a stupid restriction on what they are offering, I can't think of any technical reason why it wouldn't work. Netatmo controls the gas heating, not electricity!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have a night storage meter and they gave me one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Rew wrote:
    I have a night storage meter and they gave me one

They have a promotion, if you switch they give you a free netatmo. Won't honour it though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

They have a promotion, if you switch they give you a free netatmo. Won't honour it though.

These sorts of promotions usually only apply to certain packages, they don't apply to all packages.

Also there seems to be a bunch of other requirements listed at the bottom of this page to be eligible for it (things like homes built before 2006, not received a previous SEAI grant, etc.):

https://www.energia.ie/cosy-homes/netatmo-offers

Sounds like this is more being offered by SEAI grants, then really Energia. So maybe that is why you are ineligible for it.

Not defending them, just explaining why it may be.

I was ineligible for this myself as my place was built post 2006, so I bought one myself and installed it myself and instead just went with the cheapest electricity and gas deal, actually worked out cheaper!

• Advertisement

bk wrote: »
    These sorts of promotions usually only apply to certain packages, they don't apply to all packages.

Also there seems to be a bunch of other requirements listed at the bottom of this page to be eligible for it (things like homes built before 2006, not received a previous SEAI grant, etc.):

https://www.energia.ie/cosy-homes/netatmo-offers

Sounds like this is more being offered by SEAI grants, then really Energia. So maybe that is why you are ineligible for it.

Not defending them, just explaining why it may be.

I was ineligible for this myself as my place was built post 2006, so I bought one myself and installed it myself and instead just went with the cheapest electricity and gas deal, actually worked out cheaper!

I've checked the ts&cs and no mention of day/night meters, all other criteria are met ok and we should be eligible. Energia are our best deal according to bonkers.ie

I'll ask for a manager if they ever call me back! thanks for taking the time to reply.

Like I said I have a Netatmo from Energia and an I have a night storage meter. The main thing they asked me was about the age of the house.

Rew wrote:
    Like I said I have a Netatmo from Energia and an I have a night storage meter. The main thing they asked me was about the age of the house.

Was it a free one or did you have to pay? We barely use 30% of our electricity at night. No storage just inherited it when we got the house. Looked into changing years ago but it was pretty expensive. Cheers

Yeah it was free, our night meter is only for storage heaters which we disconnected when we moved in not sure if that makes any odds though.

A night meter is only worth it if you use a lot of electricity at night. For most people there are only two reasons, storage heaters or an Electric Vehicle. If you don't have those, then most people will save money on the normal 24/7 rate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement