Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you return items in store that were bought online - Sport Direct?

Options
  • 09-10-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭

If I buy something on Sports Direct online, can I then later go to the shop in Dublin and return it there? Or does it have to be posted back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Most Sports Direct gear is cheaper online than in their stores so I would expect a less than welcoming response. Are you looking for a replacement or refund?

Don't even bother trying is my advice, they won't want to know. Legally you probably bought from a different company so they don't have to deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Looking for a refund. I think you might be right. Safest option might be to ask in store and see what they say. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

I think in-store they will only give credit notes for change or mind returns.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/completedorders/returnsandexchanges

Anything faulty I have ever bought online it would usually be send it back and they refund you the post plus cost of item. If its change of mind you pay the post

In one case they asked for a picture of the damage and said they would just send a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There would be no explicit entitlement to be able to do this.

While a retailer is compelled in certain circumstances to deal with disputes, this doesn't compel any representative of the business in any location to deal with it. The company is permitted to have a dispute process which may require you to deal with the location from where you purchased the goods. So if you buy from the Dublin shop, you have to go back to them. If you buy online, you go back to them.

Since accepting non-faulty returns is entirely at the discretion of the retailer, you have even less rights. The retailer would be allowed insist that you ship them to China at your own expense, if they wanted.

In this case though, the returns process is pretty clear, stuff bought online has to go back to the online warehouse in the UK.

The reasoning behind this is most likely the restocking cost. If you return it to a shop which doesn't stock that item, then they'd have to ship it back to the warehouse at their expense. Instead they get you to send it back at your expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Had the same query a few weeks back,no problem,was directed to a till just for that purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

thefishone wrote: »
    Had the same query a few weeks back,no problem,was directed to a till just for that purpose

Sound, which store was it out of interest? I'll double check anyway and will update here when I find out.

If its within 14 days, you should be able to avail of the "Cool off Period"
    https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/your-rights-online/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Phone them and ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Phone them and ask??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Sound, which store was it out of interest? I'll double check anyway and will update here when I find out.

Limerick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Is it possible to return any on line purchases from sports direct to heatons now that they took over the company

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think that might be pushing it but take a look at this recent thread discussing the possibility of returning an item purchased via Sports Direct online to an SD store ...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057918614

Edit: I assume the reason why there are still stores operating under the Heatons brand is because they carry the same stock lines as they did previously - everyday clothes and household items. Whereas the Heatons stores that have been rebranded SD (e.g. Carrickmines) are now carrying a far greater amount of sports gear. So your problem will be that if you walk into a Heatons store, there is a fair chance that they do not sell the item you are looking to return and will decline to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into existing SD thread

dudara

Advertisement