Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people wearing glasses that don't suit them

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i mean come on - look at the bins on this ... - I rest my case

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT43WEsWr3_ZL2A3x4kqt2h_ePWAKUwVH0Xi8DoeBRnyWZ2lY-y

.. actually , no come to think of it .. I think they suit him / she / shim

kneemos wrote: »
    Somebody is making an absolute mint from glasses. The cost way exceeds the product.

isnt that always the way? - the ophthalmists thought "ah well, we cannot make money out of peoples affliction and near blindness that would be un-ethical... so lets make the money on the frames instead and place them in the fashion category" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My glasses come from aldi at E3.... one style only ..makes life easy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

is it because of the mafia?

Omerta means I am bound to silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I was already paranoid that my glasses don't suit me. Thanks OP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Graces7 wrote: »

But do they suit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Luxottica indeed make most of the glasses, you can google the list of the brands they own. Those who think Oakleys are sooooo different to Ray Bans might be a bit surprised.

I'm one of those with oversized glasses which is a bit annoying because Kanye West says we should all really be wearing small glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Graces7 wrote: »

You can buy a pair for a few quid. Now people will say the prescription lenses will cost more,but they're mass produced as well.

How does the three quid pair of specs differ that much to the hundred and ten quid I paid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Every couple of years when I'm getting new glasses I think that I'll try something a little different. Thing is, I get a unanimous "Definitely not" if I try on anything other than the blandest of skinny frames. I've even been laughed at by an optician before.

What's worse? Bad style or no style at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm paranoid now this one is aimed at me.

Bought myself a new pair, nothing too flashy I didn't think anyway.
    I'm not the best at dealing with compliments, a few people the last week have said "Oh I like your glasses, are they new?" and I've just been thinking they're having a pop at me, at least I can make out who it is though!

Andy have you been complimenting people sarcastically lately on their glasses and should I be worried?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,465 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I do get where your coming from Andy. I'm in my late twenties.
    Glasses have really changed since I was at school. People wanted a very simple pair, not to round, inadvisable frames or a steel type frame. People didn't want a thick black framed glasses that would have being the cheapest or you'd have gotten on a medical card. These are essential the one's that seem to be popular now with the teenagers.
    Regarding people my age the only one's I really see following the trend are hipsters and some of them don't even need glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

italodisco wrote: »
    I remember those eastern health board glasses, frame looked like it was made from an old thin silver clothes hanger (a bit like the ones the main guy wears in breaking bad)....

Conor mcgregor wears a pair of them once or twice and now all of a sudden they're popular lol

He looks a bit like Dr Harold Shipman with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

He looks a bit like Dr Harold Shipman with them.

He'd murder a kebab?

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I was already paranoid that my glasses don't suit me. Thanks OP :(

they most probably dont if you have doubts ... i'd stop wearing them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,361 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fashion .... nobody looked good in bell-bottom jeans either

And those boots with the fuurrrrrrrrr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Andy's threads are always a good break from the endless cycle of repetitive threads that otherwise constitutes AH. You never know what topic he's picked out for us today
    The OP gives your life meaning how cute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

I hope this storm is the end of the ****ing world.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I'm paranoid now this one is aimed at me.

Bought myself a new pair, nothing too flashy I didn't think anyway.
    I'm not the best at dealing with compliments, a few people the last week have said "Oh I like your glasses, are they new?" and I've just been thinking they're having a pop at me, at least I can make out who it is though!

Andy have you been complimenting people sarcastically lately on their glasses and should I be worried?

no, not me - I dont compliment people LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

I do get where your coming from Andy. I'm in my late twenties.
    Glasses have really changed since I was at school. People wanted a very simple pair, not to round, inadvisable frames or a steel type frame. People didn't want a thick black framed glasses that would have being the cheapest or you'd have gotten on a medical card. These are essential the one's that seem to be popular now with the teenagers.
    Regarding people my age the only one's I really see following the trend are hipsters and some of them don't even need glasses.

sure - isnt it strange as well how some people look actually better with glasses on than when they have them off though - its weird but they can look strange if they look like they should be wearing glasses - and I have also come across people who you are so used to seeing wearing glasses and then all of a sudden they decide they dont want to wear glasses any more and that they want to go down the contact lens route ... wow they look strange! - it really messes with your mind ... until I suppose you eventually do get used to seeing them without glasses

its like people who look like they need a moustache , something to cover their lips and look weird without one! ... but thats an Andy after hours thread for another day :)

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    And those boots with the fuurrrrrrrrr

.... and Croc's !

Gonad wrote: »

i wouldnt fancy telling him his glasses dont suit him .. it would take a braver man than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    I hope this storm is the end of the ****ing world.

It won't end , we'll all wake tomorrow with ****in' leaves blown everywhere , a few fences down and Andy will start another thread about lightbulbs or arseroll or something .

It won't end , we'll all wake tomorrow with ****in' leaves blown everywhere , a few fences down and Andy will start another thread about lightbulbs or arseroll or something .

No, I will start another thread about next door neighbours trampoline ending up in our back garden .. watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

OP, is this the sort of thing that you mean ?

Gok-WEN-440977.jpg

0lddog wrote: »
    OP, is this the sort of thing that you mean ?

Gok-WEN-440977.jpg

hideous! ... bad glasses too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

kneemos wrote: »
    Somebody is making an absolute mint from glasses. The cost way exceeds the product.

Specsavers and the like are a total rip off. You can get prescription glasses from the like of zennioptical starting from like 5.99 and shipping is a fiver I think. Wife bought 2 pairs plus shipping for 40 euro.

Bought a pair out of DEALZ couple months back complete with lenses €1.49 :D

dont think you can get better than that . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Bought a pair out of DEALZ couple months back complete with lenses €1.49 :D

dont think you can get better than that . :)

Mr Price has them too... I have several pairs around that price so can leave a pair in every room, the car...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Andy's threads are always a good break from the endless cycle of repetitive threads that otherwise constitutes AH. You never know what topic he's picked out for us today

Agreed, anything beats a dole bashing thread at this stage.

Advertisement