Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Credentials

Options
  • 10-10-2018 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I've just finished transferring all my data to my new Android phone. As with previous phones, I was unable to get Outlook to work with any combination of settings. More by luck than judgement (I'm no tekkie), I managed to add Outlook to my Gmail account, so I can send and receive my Eircom mails via Gmail.
    The problem now is that Microsoft keeps asking me to enter my credentials, two or three times an hour at least. I enter my (new) password, tick remember me, all is ok, then ten minutes later it happens again. I'm hesitant about delving into it in case I lose my Outlook...it took me an hour to get it to work in the first place.
    How can I stop the Microsoft message without undoing all my Outlook efforts?
    Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's a little unclear what apps / email account you're using. Is it an outlook email address or an Eircom email address?

Normally any email account can be added to a mail app on a phone. The Gmail app is probably already on the phone so you can use that with your email account login details and the send and receive server details. Is that what you mean by 'Gmail account' or is it via a web login through a browser such as Chrome?

AFAIK if you have an eircom address, it used to be the case that only eir broadband / mobile customers could use the native Eircom SMTP server settings. If you are not an eir customer, that could be why you keep getting prompted for login details. Are you able to send emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It's a little unclear what apps / email account you're using. Is it an outlook email address or an Eircom email address?

Normally any email account can be added to a mail app on a phone. The Gmail app is probably already on the phone so you can use that with your email account login details and the send and receive server details. Is that what you mean by 'Gmail account' or is it via a web login through a browser such as Chrome?

AFAIK if you have an eircom address, it used to be the case that only eir broadband / mobile customers could use the native Eircom SMTP server settings. If you are not an eir customer, that could be why you keep getting prompted for login details. Are you able to send emails?
    My main email address is an eircom.net, but I can never complete the out going server section successfully.
    By adding that the eircom account to the Gmail account, I can receive from both and reply to both by Gmail.
    Sometime during the set up, I changed my Google password, and now Microsoft are asking me to confirm my credentials.
    When I try to do that, it goes back to the server settings.... which I'm iffy about disturbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

There is a current thread about something very similar to this issue.

Can't find it offhand, try a search?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement