Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Air Traffic Controller

Options
  • 10-10-2018 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I’ve been wanting to apply for ATC here in Ireland and I can’t seem to find much about the dates.
    I know there was an application closing a couple of months back (correct me if I’m wrong)

It seems I can just apply on the website, but what date do the applications have to be in for?

What’s the process like for time span, application numbers, and just any general info on ATC as a whole would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

TheBiz wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting to apply for ATC here in Ireland and I can’t seem to find much about the dates.
    I know there was an application closing a couple of months back (correct me if I’m wrong)

It seems I can just apply on the website, but what date do the applications have to be in for?

What’s the process like for time span, application numbers, and just any general info on ATC as a whole would be greatly appreciated!

If there’s no date on the website it means they aren’t currently recruiting, but you can still apply and they will invite you to aptitude tests next time they run a recruitment, assuming you meet the minimum requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

faoiarvok wrote: »
    If there’s no date on the website it means they aren’t currently recruiting, but you can still apply and they will invite you to aptitude tests next time they run a recruitment, assuming you meet the minimum requirements.

Is there anything out about when they’re recruiting again or do they have a history of going a year on and a lot of years off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

IAA recruitment can be a bit sporadic, also lots of people apply.
    If it's definitely a career you want to pursue, NATS and Eurocontrol (u25 only) are actively recruiting.
    NATS turnaround time is roughly a month and a half from application at the moment (from application to in house tests , which I presume are the DART and FEAST tests).

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

arccosh wrote: »
    If it's definitely a career you want to pursue, NATS and Eurocontrol (u25 only) are actively recruiting.
    NATS turnaround time is roughly a month and a half from application at the moment (from application to in house tests , which I presume are the DART and FEAST tests).

NATS have their own tests prior to FEAST and DART also, recruitment structure at https://www.nats.aero/careers/trainee-air-traffic-controllers/how-to-apply/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

arccosh wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    DFS recruiting
    https://www.dfs.de/dfs_karriereportal_2016/en/Becoming%20an%20air%20traffic%20controller/

• Advertisement
Advertisement