Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding PTSB maintenance fee

Options
  • 10-10-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm recently unemployed (hopefully temporarily). I also moved back home as I can't afford to pay rent.

I tried switching bank accounts from PTSB to AIB or BoI. But both banks refused saying I need a letter or some statement establishing proof of address.

Since I've not been living at home for the past few yrs, this is literally impossible until I get a new job and bills are in my parents' name. I tried explaining to the banks but they are not accommodating, it's ridiculous.

I just care about avoiding charges. I have some money saved in a regular online savings account, that's currently debited from current count, if I were to set up a monthly debit from savings to current would this count as lodging monthly and be sufficient to avoid charges?

Alternatively,is there a way to force generate PTSB online statement so it can show my updated address details? It appears statements are generated every 2 .x months and should be due one this month but I don't know when.

Any advise welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yes, order a postal statement on PTSB online banking.

Around 1-2 days later, the postal statement will be visible in your online banking for download.

Also for another form of proof of address, login to Revenue.ie and request a general tax credits statement or P21. There might be one available already in your online documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

Also for another form of proof of address, login to Revenue.ie and request a general tax credits statement or P21. There might be one available already in your online documents.

That's great thanks! What about option 1 would that still work? That is, transferring from savings to current acc

Yeah, no reason why that shouldn't work. The current account doesn't care where the funds are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

Yeah, no reason why that shouldn't work. The current account doesn't care where the funds are coming from.

Thanks very much Ayatolla

• Advertisement
Advertisement