Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy clothes for formal dinners and conferences

• 10-10-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

So I have a new job and from time to time, I will be attending formal dinners and conferences - but I do not have a wardrobe for this!! Where does one buy those kind of dresses? Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It sounds like any kind of business appropriate dress, or even top & pants will do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I second Dudara.

Comfy shoes are a must for conferences!

A couple of times a year I go to a personal shopper (there are good ones in Blanch / Debenhams / Dundrum) and ask for a capsule wardrobe to do conferences, etc and give them my budget.

I find it a lot more reasonable then buying things myself and then finding that they don't work together!! They make it so easy.

At this stage I'm just topping up / updating what I have in my wardrobe.

If you don't like anything, there is no obligation to buy!

Advertisement