Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints to ComReg

Options
  • 10-10-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm sure a lot of you are very frustrated with the service you are receiving from Eir.

I myself have been having on going issues for the last month. I have attempted to contact Eir customer service through every imaginable platform with the terrible results:

Calling 1901: on hold for over 60mins at times. When you do get through, they forward you from department to department so once again you are on hold. There does not seem to be many people working there who are aware of the processes and how to resolve problems. The line goes dead when you have been on hold for extended periods of time. If they do provide info, it is wrong.

Web Chat: They tell you to call 1901, see above.

Email: Notice on the website that says 'We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you'.

Twitter: same as web chat and likely from the same location. They tell you to call 1901, see above.

Boards: They tell you to call 1901, see above.

We are largely powerless to do anything about this. Being tied into a 12 month contract for an something that was not agreed and paying more that the agreed amount is unacceptable.

The little thing we can do about is file a complaint to ComReg. ComReg is the statutory body responsible for the regulation of the electronic communications sector (telecommunications, radio communications, broadcasting transmission and premium rate services) and the postal sector.

Feel free to post complaints using these links:
    Phone: https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/phone/
    Internet: https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/

Info on problems with Mobile Services:
    https://www.comreg.ie/consumer-information/mobile-phone/

I would be interested to hear how other people have dealt with this, has anyone simply cancelled the direct debit from their bank? What was the outcome?

Regard
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

paulieeye wrote: »
    Hi I'm sure a lot of you are very frustrated with the service you are receiving from Eir.

I myself have been having on going issues for the last month. I have attempted to contact Eir customer service through every imaginable platform with the terrible results:

Calling 1901: on hold for over 60mins at times. When you do get through, they forward you from department to department so once again you are on hold. There does not seem to be many people working there who are aware of the processes and how to resolve problems. The line goes dead when you have been on hold for extended periods of time. If they do provide info, it is wrong.

Web Chat: They tell you to call 1901, see above.

Email: Notice on the website that says 'We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you'.

Twitter: same as web chat and likely from the same location. They tell you to call 1901, see above.

Boards: They tell you to call 1901, see above.

We are largely powerless to do anything about this. Being tied into a 12 month contract for an something that was not agreed and paying more that the agreed amount is unacceptable.

The little thing we can do about is file a complaint to ComReg. ComReg is the statutory body responsible for the regulation of the electronic communications sector (telecommunications, radio communications, broadcasting transmission and premium rate services) and the postal sector.

Feel free to post complaints using these links:
    Phone: https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/phone/
    Internet: https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/

Info on problems with Mobile Services:
    https://www.comreg.ie/consumer-information/mobile-phone/

I would be interested to hear how other people have dealt with this, has anyone simply cancelled the direct debit from their bank? What was the outcome?

Regard
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Similar story to yours. Trying to cancel the service. Couldn't get through so wrote to them as advised on the website and terms and conditions. I was told today after trying different platforms that my cancellation letter was rejected as I have to call. I'm my response to that I contacted Comreg who said its my right to cancel as stated in terms and conditions once 30 days notice was given.. went back to eir looking for a complaints refnu.ber for comreg and suddenly no one would reply.. also pointed out that the message on the complaints section of 1901 says to write to them..

They might get back in the morning but I'm so annoyed I'm going to push for comreg to find out why my letter was rejected as I would have been continually charged had I not checked the status

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So have you made a formal complaint to COMREG yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Just to say that Comreg have no powers to get involved UNLESS you exhaust the complaints process with your supplier. In some ways the supplier has you over a barrel as until they issue the complaint reference, you cant get Comreg involved

My advise is forget phone calls. They're not worth the paper they're not written on... Email and letters only and keep the file up to date.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Just to say that Comreg have no powers to get involved UNLESS you exhaust the complaints process with your supplier. In some ways the supplier has you over a barrel as until they issue the complaint reference, you cant get Comreg involved

My advise is forget phone calls. They're not worth the paper they're not written on... Email and letters only and keep the file up to date.
    +1 on the above.

Service providers, banking industry, insurers etc all have statutory watchdogs to which consumers may refer their grievances to but only after exhausting all other complaints procedures with the business involved. It is very important to document everything and keep a record of dates and times of calls where necessary but as stated above by TomOnBoard conduct your complaint with the company by letter or emails thus leaving a paper trail that can be easily followed.

• Advertisement

The issue with Eir is that they don't take emails so the only realistic option is written letters. As you said, phoning is not an option. They are next to impossible to contact.

There is an option on Eir site to log a complaint which I did and have yet to receive any reply.

muffler wrote: »

I'm waiting on Eir to acknowledge my complaint and supply a complaint number. And as we all know, waiting on Eir for anything can take a long time.

If they don't get back to me this week, I'll contact Comreg again and see what options there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

You won't get a number from eir and Comreg are of no use, speaking from personal experience.

muffler wrote: »

I'm waiting on Eir to acknowledge my complaint and supply a complaint number. And as we all know, waiting on Eir for anything can take a long time.

If they don't get back to me this week, I'll contact Comreg again and see what options there are.
    Eir's code of practice regarding complaints can be viewed here and I have to say it is ridiculously stupid. However it is there for you as a customer and if the matter cannot be resolved within a reasonable time frame then COMREG are legally obliged to investigate (subject to being notified of course) so it's not all doom and gloom. Eir have been brought to court in the past and fined therefore COMREG do take these matters seriously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

Roanmore wrote: »
    You won't get a number from eir and Comreg are of no use, speaking from personal experience.
    Comreq are worst than useless. They will take your complaint and put it in a filing cabinet. Along with the thousands of others.
    Don't bother with them. You will only end up more frustrated. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

I agree with post above. i am a customer 1 week and not enjoying the experience at all
    Saturday internet down and today unstable.
    Its clear they cannot hadnle extra customers joining for 39.99 with Sports pack.
    Sky broadband were better.

Magnatu wrote: »
    Comreq are worst than useless. They will take your complaint and put it in a filing cabinet. Along with the thousands of others.
    I disagree.  Comreg becoming involved acts as a catalyst for action on the part of the provider...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Magnatu wrote: »
    I disagree.  Comreg becoming involved acts as a catalyst for action on the part of the provider...
    Disagree all you want, that's not my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

surely the customer complaint should be the catalyst for action? Sounds like thats the crux of the problem....provider doesnt bother unless comreg gets involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've never seen either of those two things happen. In my own complaints.

daheff wrote: »

surely the customer complaint should be the catalyst for action?  Sounds like thats the crux of the problem....provider doesnt bother unless comreg gets involved
    Yes, Yes and Yes...

beauf wrote: »

I've never seen either of those two things happen. In my own complaints.
    I made one complaint (not to Eir- to another provider). It acted as a catalyst to an immediate escalation to a high level engineer.  His efforts were excellent and finally resolved the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭sham58107

Have comreg complaint going on now nearly 6 months, and getting nowhere, worse than Eir. Called last week for update and got yet another rep.

Who actually told me he knew nothing, that it was gone to " higher" then he proceeded to leave his phone on after call and I heard him say to guy beside him, " did you ever send that email" " your man was on again " what a complete waste of time, apparently some of these guys used to work for telco. operators .

How do they manage to be so bad and keep their job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

sham58107 wrote: »
    Have comreg complaint going on now nearly 6 months, and getting nowhere, worse than Eir. Called last week for update and got yet another rep.

Who actually told me he knew nothing, that it was gone to " higher" then he proceeded to leave his phone on after call and I heard him say to guy beside him, " did you ever send that email" " your man was on again " what a complete waste of time, apparently some of these guys used to work for telco. operators .

How do they manage to be so bad and keep their job.
    Comreq "outsourced" to a shower called Abtran in Cork that put complaints into a filing cabinet along with thousands of others.  
    Agents job is to tell you that complaint is " being processed" or "investigated"as a delaying tactic till people get tired of asking and give up.  

Heres the linkin profile for Comreqs top man.
    https://ie.linkedin.com/in/colin-hanrahan-03996098

Advertisement