Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eir

• 10-10-2018 11:50am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, at long last my 18 months of torture is up, and I sent through 2 cancellation requests on 7th October. Seeing as you get no receipts, no email confirmation or anything else, I would like to make sure these have gone through, and I can leave on 5th November, as per my contract.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Lucky babsturd!! I got 11 more months of torture :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

whiterebel wrote: »
    Hi, at long last my 18 months of torture is up, and I sent through 2 cancellation requests on 7th October. Seeing as you get no receipts, no email confirmation or anything else, I would like to make sure these have gone through, and I can leave on 5th November, as per my contract.
    Hi whiterebel, 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

PM Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

PM Sent
    Thanks. 

I've responded to you there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Very important to cancel your direct debit .  You pay a month in advance so you will owe them nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What a surprise. An alleged communications company, and their website doesn’t work. I did this on two separate forms, and yet Eir tell me there is nothing on the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

What a surprise. An alleged communications company, and their website doesn’t work. I did this on two separate forms, and yet Eir tell me there is nothing on the account.
    Hi there whiterebel

I sent you a PM there so hopefully that helps

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

The frustration with EIR.  my contract up early January and ive sent a letter to talk about what new price will be or else i want to cancel and have heard nothing back from a sales rep.  Also every time i ring i cant get through!!! Then i sent message on messenger and no reply! Even CHAT Im getting no response.  You cant email as they are working on their systems!!! Unbelievable customer service.  Can someone call me today please as im trying to cancel within my 30 day notice and getting nowhere with you .  Please respond so i can forward my number to you 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

The frustration with EIR.  my contract up early January and ive sent a letter to talk about what new price will be or else i want to cancel and have heard nothing back from a sales rep.  Also every time i ring i cant get through!!! Then i sent message on messenger and no reply! Even CHAT Im getting no response.  You cant email as they are working on their systems!!! Unbelievable customer service.  Can someone call me today please as im trying to cancel within my 30 day notice and getting nowhere with you .  Please respond so i can forward my number to you 

Ring at 9.05...option 4.. then 2
    You'll be waiting 10 mins...had to do it twice last week

• Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Very important to cancel your direct debit .  You pay a month in advance so you will owe them nothing.
    Hi there.  My eir up 1th Jan and cant get through to them as email, chat and phone lines all down now.  Can i really cancel dd with no penalty
    thanks 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Hi there.  My eir up 1th Jan and cant get through to them as email, chat and phone lines all down now.  Can i really cancel dd with no penalty
    thanks 
    Very unwise to do so...you cancel DD... but they are still providing a service..and you have to give 30 days notice...they will pursue it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hmc2659

Hi there,

I called Eir to cancel my service in December and I was told I had to give 30 days notice so I did that. This meant my service should have been finished with last week. Within the notice period I made sure to return all equipment provided to me by Eir and today I paid my final bill using my debit card (I cancelled my DD in advance as I have heard that they tend to drag it out intentionally to make more money). I never received any returns label or confirmation of closure despite repeated attempts to contact Eir and today an Eir representative was unable to confirm that my account has been closed.

I have contacted them privately on here and have received no response. I have spoken to several representatives via web chat and over the phone and I am getting absolutely nowhere with them. It is a shame that you have to go public. I moved from the address where the service was being provided and I told them this when cancelling and even provided a forwarding address. I cancelled all other utilities, etc. with no hassle whatsoever. 

Where do I stand now with Eir? I want my cancellation to be confirmed asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

hmc2659 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I called Eir to cancel my service in December and I was told I had to give 30 days notice so I did that. This meant my service should have been finished with last week. Within the notice period I made sure to return all equipment provided to me by Eir and today I paid my final bill using my debit card (I cancelled my DD in advance as I have heard that they tend to drag it out intentionally to make more money). I never received any returns label or confirmation of closure despite repeated attempts to contact Eir and today an Eir representative was unable to confirm that my account has been closed.

I have contacted them privately on here and have received no response. I have spoken to several representatives via web chat and over the phone and I am getting absolutely nowhere with them. It is a shame that you have to go public. I moved from the address where the service was being provided and I told them this when cancelling and even provided a forwarding address. I cancelled all other utilities, etc. with no hassle whatsoever. 

Hi there hmc2659,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you have experienced.

If you would like to PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hmc2659

Hi there,

Hi there hmc2659,

If you would like to PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    Hi Kellie,

I am going to PM you these details now. Please cancel my account immediately or I will pass these details on to a solicitor.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I received another bill this morning despite cancelling the account in December and returning my equipment as requested.

I will NOT be paying this bill. Once the requested details have been received by you I would like immediate confirmation that my account AND this bill have been cancelled.

Helena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi there,

Hi there hmc2659,

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    Hi Kellie,

I am going to PM you these details now. Please cancel my account immediately or I will pass these details on to a solicitor.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I received another bill this morning despite cancelling the account in December and returning my equipment as requested.

I will NOT be paying this bill. Once the requested details have been received by you I would like immediate confirmation that my account AND this bill have been cancelled.

Helena
    Hi there Helena,

I am sorry about the delay in responding to you.

I have just replied to your PM.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 31 delboy87

Hi Kellie,

My contract is ending soon so I wanna see if we can make any deal.
    Trying to ring the loyalty team for the last few days with no luck.
    This is my last try, <snip>
    Very close to cancelling altogether.

Thanks,

Dino

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

delboy87 wrote: »
    Hi Kellie,

Thanks,

Dino
    How to leave Eir:
    Trust me, this process will save you a mountain of grief and leave you in control.
    Of course, you shouldn't have to do this but trust me it's a lot easier than hours on hold and lots of broken promises.

Process:
    Get a a copy of your last bill by:
    Write "Cancel account" in big black marker across the bill and sign and date it.
    Take a photo for your records.

Send the bill by registered snail mail to:
    (Yes I know this is a pain but a good few Post offices are open Saturday mornings).

Eir, Account cancellation Team, Floor 2,
    Heuston South Quarter,
    St. John’s Road, Dublin 8

Keep a copy of the registered receipt.

Cancel direct debit, most banks you can do this online and/or in an app.

Eir "should" send you a letter confirming cancellation and requesting return of any equipment and final bill.

Any issue, you have documentary evidence and receipt by Eir that you cancelled your account properly.

And again, you should not have to do this, but do you want a solution or more grief?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

delboy87 wrote: »
    Hi Kellie,

Thanks,

Dino
    Hi delboy87, 

We are unable to check what offers are available on the social media team but you can contact either our stores, our online team here or by calling our customer care team on 1901

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seaniemc11

Hi Grainne,

Its good to see a rep here.

On +10 separate occasions in the past 3 months i have gone through the 1901 service to cancel my eir account, i am either put on hold for an absolute age like +40 mins, i do get through and the call drops or on a couple of occassions i have got through and then been bounced around from department to department eventually to be put back on hold for +20 mins. It is an absolute disgrace. It has come to the point where I have cancelled my direct debit due to the inability to contact eir cancellation department, the online chat part is useless for these matters I had in January put in my details on the website on 3 separate occasions to wait for a call back to enter a new contract.... absolute no reply. Honestly I believe this is all a function of stonewalling and highly unprofessional.

Here is the eir policy re unpaid bills

Unpaid bills
    Disconnection policy
    It is our policy here at eir that bills due must be paid on or before the date specified on the bill. This normally allows a period of 14 days after the bill date for payment, 21 days if you pay by direct debit.

If you do not pay your account by the due date we may restrict your service. Before doing this we will endeavour to contact you to remind you that your bill is overdue.

Should your line be restricted in this manner you will still be able to contact the emergency services via 112 or 999.

If after we restrict service in this way your balance remains outstanding we will write to you informing you that your contract will be terminated (notification of termination).

If the amount due remains unpaid after the time specified in the notification of termination your account will be terminated and your line removed. At this point you will no longer be able to contact the emergency services and will receive your final bill.

We will continue to follow up on outstanding balances after the final bill issues.

******I have not been contacted please can you get eir to enforce their own policy. ******

Sorry to vent on you but this is so frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

seaniemc11 wrote: »
    Hi Grainne,

Its good to see a rep here.

On +10 separate occasions in the past 3 months i have gone through the 1901 service to cancel my eir account, i am either put on hold for an absolute age like +40 mins, i do get through and the call drops or on a couple of occassions i have got through and then been bounced around from department to department eventually to be put back on  hold for +20 mins. It is an absolute disgrace. It has come to the point where I have cancelled my direct debit due to the inability to contact eir cancellation department, the online chat part is useless for these matters I had in January put in my details on the website on 3 separate occasions to wait for a call back to enter a new contract.... absolute no reply. Honestly I believe this is all a function of stonewalling and highly unprofessional.

Here is the eir policy re unpaid bills

Unpaid bills
    Disconnection policy
    It is our policy here at eir that bills due must be paid on or before the date specified on the bill. This normally allows a period of 14 days after the bill date for payment, 21 days if you pay by direct debit.

If you do not pay your account by the due date we may restrict your service. Before doing this we will endeavour to contact you to remind you that your bill is overdue.

Should your line be restricted in this manner you will still be able to contact the emergency services via 112 or 999.

If after we restrict service in this way your balance remains outstanding we will write to you informing you that your contract will be terminated (notification of termination).

If the amount due remains unpaid after the time specified in the notification of termination your account will be terminated and your line removed. At this point you will no longer be able to contact the emergency services and will receive your final bill.

We will continue to follow up on outstanding balances after the final bill issues.

******I have not been contacted please can you get eir to enforce their own policy. ******

Sorry to vent on you but this is so frustrating
    Hi seaniemc11

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Four months ago, we announced that we would bring our customer service back in-house, as we believe that having all customer-facing roles filled by direct eir staff leads to a better experience and outcome for our customers. We are now more than halfway through that process, which includes recruiting for 750 customer care jobs in our new regional hubs. During this time of change, customers have experienced longer wait times but we are doing everything we can to minimise the disruption including significantly expanding our Web Chat services, with fifty new positions filled, and working as hard as possible to get our wait times down to the level eir customers should be able to expect.

Since October we have hired and trained 315 new front-line staff across our three new sites and 220 staff have transferred over to eir. Every week more than 40 new care agents complete training and begin taking calls, with performance improving every day. We firmly believe these changes will result in a better experience for eir's customers in the long term. We will continue to keep our customers updated as new agents begin to take calls and again, we thank you for your patience.

~Linzi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Maybe Eir should utilise their "in store" staff more? Just a thought.
    Or would that make it too handy to cancel accounts?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Maybe Eir should utilise their "in store" staff more? Just a thought.
    Or would that make it too handy to cancel accounts?
    Working class heroes

I will pass on your feedback.

Thanks
    ~Linzi

Advertisement