Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone with fingal county council ?

Options
  • 10-10-2018 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

, I just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has recently been offered a property from Fingal County Council.

I have recently received a letter to state were I am on the housing list they say I'm position 30 , I am on the the medical ground housing list , I don't no if there is separate lists for different circumstances?

Does anyone know how long More I could be waiting and how long has anyone that was recently offered a property waiting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There are different waiting lists for those on Medical / Priority Grounds and those on Needs / Transfer (and indeed for number of bedrooms and areas indicated).
    How long it'll take to move from 30th on any list to 1st is a "how long is a piece of string" question e.g. you'll wait much longer for a 4 bed in Malahide than for a 2 bed in Blanch but even within the same list, movement often comes in fits and starts when a raft of new properties are built/acquired or when the housing dept manage to return a number of void properties to the available stock.

So, realistically, I'm afraid no-one, likely not even the staff in the department can tell you how long it'll take. 30 would be quite high up the list though so you're in a better place than most!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Xhayleyx50

Sleepy wrote: »
    There are different waiting lists for those on Medical / Priority Grounds and those on Needs / Transfer (and indeed for number of bedrooms and areas indicated).
    How long it'll take to move from 30th on any list to 1st is a "how long is a piece of string" question e.g. you'll wait much longer for a 4 bed in Malahide than for a 2 bed in Blanch but even within the same list, movement often comes in fits and starts when a raft of new properties are built/acquired or when the housing dept manage to return a number of void properties to the available stock.

So, realistically, I'm afraid no-one, likely not even the staff in the department can tell you how long it'll take. 30 would be quite high up the list though so you're in a better place than most!

Ok thank you , I just didn't no what way it worked with fingal with the lists if they wore all separate lists , so just a matter of waiting I suppose thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 9 arrmadda86

we are on medical priority as well, in September we had received letter stating that we were 19th on the list and in early November we had interview in council, but so far nothing specific, Xhayleyx50 did you hear from them????

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Xhayleyx50

arrmadda86 wrote: »
    we are on medical priority as well, in September we had received letter stating that we were 19th on the list and in early November we had interview in council, but so far nothing specific, Xhayleyx50 did you hear from them????

No still nothing I was still 30 the last time I checked in October but managed to speak to someone in fingal and I was told to expect to be another year waiting 🙄 have u heard anything? And is it a routine check that the interview was for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alina1403

It’s ridiculous over there, we on the list for over 10 yers, from 300 we been up to 925, no one in the housing can explaine this situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

alina1403 wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous over there, we on the list for over 10 yers, from 300 we been up to 925, no one in the housing can explaine this situation

The councils aren't building, they are buying some properties. But the issue is that more and more people are declaring homeless and they get priority so that's why you drop down the list.

Del2005 wrote: »
    The councils aren't building, they are buying some properties. But the issue is that more and more people are declaring homeless and they get priority so that's why you drop down the list.

I don’t think homeless goes on waiting list, even who works in housing couldn’t explaine me why i been droped by 600

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I don’t think homeless goes on waiting list, even who works in housing couldn’t explaine me why i been droped by 600

They use a points system. Basically there are people with a more urgent housing need than you. It's not based on time on the housing list, it's based on need.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Of course the "homeless" go on the waiting lists. You become a priority for housing when you declare homeless, why else is the homeless booming.

Caranica wrote: »
    They use a points system. Basically there are people with a more urgent housing need than you. It's not based on time on the housing list, it's based on need.

Hiw do they know or find out i don’t need a house, they never come over to my house to inspect I never had an interviu with them, very interesting who makes desicion you need house or not

• Advertisement

Hiw do they know or find out i don’t need a house, they never come over to my house to inspect I never had an interviu with them, very interesting who makes desicion you need house or not

You are supposed to update them with any change of circumstances. You made the application, you told them your situation, they don't need to meet you/inspect your current home, your position is relative to the information you gave v the information others gave.

Caranica wrote: »
    You are supposed to update them with any change of circumstances. You made the application, you told them your situation, they don't need to meet you/inspect your current home, your position is relative to the information you gave v the information others gave.

How do you know that, are you work over there, do you think in enough to tell the situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

New estate in wellview Dublin 15 is due to be released soon, all of the houses will be allocated with medical cases given priority.
    Brand New houses hopefully you will get one of these you deserve one.

How do you know that, are you work over there, do you think in enough to tell the situation

That's how the system works

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

I totally agree with you... Never been through such a de-humanising experience! Nobody actually cares about your situation.Nobody interviews you to establish your actual circumstances. Perhaps if they actually decided to do something about certain gangs of foreign EU people who get housing and HAP fraudulently, live together in one place and rent out all other apartments, sending their kids back to their own country, people who genuinely need homes will receive assistance much sooner... Not referring to non-EU people who have contributed to the economy and built lives here, just the EU citizens that are milking the State and sending every penny back to their own country to invest in cheap property there and rent that out too... At least at Parkgate Hall in Dublin they take the time to explain how things work but if you don't live in the area that's all they can do. I would be grateful for a home anywhere but can't even rent a decent room outside of D15 because this is where I am living. The fact that I have lived in County Dublin for 9 years means nothing. When I moved to D15 three years ago, it was because I could not find an apartment anywhere else. I never knew that my health was going to fail or that I would need an emergency spinal fusion. I was healthy and never expected to have to ask for assistance but here we are...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

10 years .!!! Have you improved your own situation with training etc so you might not have to rely on the public housing you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dangee4050

10 years .!!! Have you improved your own situation with training etc so you might not have to rely on the public housing you ?

You just never no someones circumstances. Maybe a person could be a carer, or have disability. Very hard to upskill then i could imagine. Typical dubliner attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Dangee4050 wrote: »

You just never no someones circumstances. Maybe a person could be a carer, or have disability. Very hard to upskill then i could imagine. Typical dubliner attitude!

We dont thats why I asked. Im paying for the public housing I can ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dangee4050

We dont thats why I asked. Im paying for the public housing I can ask.

Certain people think they have a right to know other peoples business. Those certain people wouldnt pay tax if they didnt have too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

And closed.
    If people can't remain civil- then we can't hold a discussion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement