Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Ksyrium Pro helmet...

Options
  • 10-10-2018 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

anyone got one?
    Seeing them for a ton and need a new lid as my 2nd lid is ancient and in dire need of replacing.
    These look nice and price seems reasonable.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

terrydel wrote: »
    anyone got one?
    Seeing them for a ton and need a new lid as my 2nd lid is ancient and in dire need of replacing.
    These look nice and price seems reasonable.
    Any thoughts?

got a link? I have a Mavic ksyrium helmet. I love it. It's nice and light and I think it looks as well as any helmet can look. Got it a few years ago so can let you know if it's the same one if you can send on a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

That's not dissimilar to mine. I guess mine is a previous model but it looks like it's just the side panel that's different. Like it said, it's very light and that's the main reason I like mine. I'd typically wear it more in summer than winter. If you look at the yellow plastic strap inside the helmet, it's thinner and a little flimsier than you get on a Giro (the other brand I have experience of), but I haven't had any problems with that at all. I'm not in the market for a new lid atm but I'd be snapping up one of those if I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

1bryan wrote: »
    That's not dissimilar to mine. I guess mine is a previous model but it looks like it's just the side panel that's different. Like it said, it's very light and that's the main reason I like mine. I'd typically wear it more in summer than winter. If you look at the yellow plastic strap inside the helmet, it's thinner and a little flimsier than you get on a Giro (the other brand I have experience of), but I haven't had any problems with that at all. I'm not in the market for a new lid atm but I'd be snapping up one of those if I was.

Cheers for that info mate.
    I've a giro (thats the one I'm discarding) and the padding in them is rubbish, tho overall they are a great helmet. The padding in the Mavic looks a lot better. My brother's Kask Mojito has lovely, plush padding and the strap is great, I think its leather at the buckle.

Advertisement