Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good steak in the city

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Addle wrote: »
    ???

He is the owner along with the chef, his wife/partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The actor/comedian?
    How did I not know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Addle wrote: »
    The actor/comedian?
    How did I not know that.

He just looks like him. Not him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

That's a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Redo91 wrote: »
    It arrives on your table cooked rare. You just leave it on the stone longer if you like it done more. It’s not rocket science. If you’re not a fan of good steak then yes it is a place to avoid...

In fairness, unless you know exactly how long to leave it until it is cooked to your liking, that's a load of cobblers. You don't know the temperature of the stone for a start, and unless you keep cutting into it to check it's easy to leave it on too long. Then you don't have a warm place to rest it, and if you do rest it, the rest of the table is finished their dinner while you're just tucking into your now cooled self-cooked steak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got the steak on a stone in Gemelles too.
    Although I liked it, it was more of a novelty for me than something I'd do all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Completely agree. The idea of a steak dripping all over a stone seems pretty repulsive and a bit of an anachronism really. It was a novelty 10 to 15 years ago.

Agreed. Aldi's meat really is superb. Their 30 day aged steaks are gorgeous!
    You should try dry aged stuff. Its on another level!

Advertisement