Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Push trolleys

Options
  • 10-10-2018 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Getting too old to carry and don't want the hassle of batteries. Any recommendations?

Comments

I bought one of these recently and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Really shouldn't matter which brand you go with. Just make sure that you get a 3-wheel push trolley rather than a 2-wheel one you'll have to pull.

Might be worth looking at one that has an umbrella holder attachment on it too, just for convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really shouldn't matter which brand you go with. Just make sure that you get a 3-wheel push trolley rather than a 2-wheel one you'll have to pull.

Pushing/pulling what's the difference?

I prefer the pull trolley. Can be got for 50 euro.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

https://www.halpennygolf.com/en/Motocaddy-S1-Lite-Push-Cart/m-3040.aspx

According to a Facebook post by Halpenny they are doing this for €99 in store only.
    Seem to me as a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

I have a clicgear and bag to fit. great trolley with umbrella holder.

folds up fairly nicely in boot too

• Advertisement

https://www.halpennygolf.com/en/Skymax-Qwik-Fold-30-3-Wheel-Push-Cart/m-7887.aspx

bought one of these 2/3 yrs no complaints. Folds up nicely too. If your near a halpenny and a member of there vip club there usually discounted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

A lot of people struggle with their backs when they are pulling a trolley behind them

http://www.mytpi.com/articles/health/should_golfers_push_pull_or_carry_their_clubs
    The next step is to work out whether it is better to push or pull your buggy around the course. The answer to this is fairly straight forward and all you have to do is observe the posture of someone walking with a push buggy compared to a pull buggy. The main difference that you will notice is when pulling, you are creating a twisting effect on your spine which causes muscle imbalances and a lot more pressure placed on your shoulders, elbows, and knees (leading to an increased chance of injury). As golf is a game that is predominantly played in one direction, the last thing we want to do is anything that causes a greater asymmetry within the body! Push buggies however, offer an advanced alternative to the traditional pull buggy by taking advantage of the forward momentum of walking and thereby reducing muscular fatigue. Pull buggies are also generally harder to manoeuvre and control (I'm sure most of us have had an experience of a zig-zagging buggy almost running over our feet as we walk up the fairway), and the latest research also shows that players tend to shoot lower scores whilst using a push buggy rather than a pull buggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

play a couple of hilly rounds pulling and another couple pushing.

I think you will soon see that pulling is not a good idea.

same on the flat, but not as bad, it will affect your game, mind you so does carrying.

As for OP with the "hassle" of batteries!! I don't get that, batteries are no hassle, and well worth the investment

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Pushing is definitely way easier.......even if it's only down to the fact that you can let go the thing and let it free wheel down a hill in front of you instead of "pushing" you down as a 2 wheel pull trolley.

I ended up with a battery operated trolley when I noticed all our senior cup players used them, despite being half my age.....it's just less energy sapping than pulling or pushing an unpowered trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I ended up with a battery operated trolley when I noticed all our senior cup players used them, despite being half my age.....it's just less energy sapping than pulling or pushing an unpowered trolley.
    If you play any way regular it is the way to go, without any doubt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement