Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hue Outdoor lightstrip

Options
  • 10-10-2018 5:45pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen it in stock anywhere? My Amazon pre-order is sitting in limbo ATM

There is an unboxing vid here if anyone is thinking of them, the way they wired them is annoying, will make them harder to hide wiring.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ended up cancelling my Amazon UK pre order (still out of stock there) and ordering from amazon.de along with a few other Hue outdoor bits earlier this week and finally shipped today. Looking forward to getting them next week!

New toys finally arrived...

464578.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just in time for a spooky halloween garden. :P - share plenty of pics!

Shlippery wrote: »
    Just in time for a spooky halloween garden. :P - share plenty of pics!

Exactly! Yeah will do, quick play with them here in the office and they are very cool. One down side for me is they are very flexible side to side but less so if you wanted to bend them front to back of vice versa (which I want to do). For my project I'll end up cutting the back and rewaterproofing.

Some pics of playing around with the strip and a lily off the same PSU

4QXSQyV.jpg?1
    VUKTFTD.jpg
    4THP3B8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

How much did you pay for them?

Edit : as in did you get an offer for all the items?

RonTon wrote: »
    How much did you pay for them?

Edit : as in did you get an offer for all the items?

They worked out at about €91 each for the light strips, I bought a bunch of Hue stuff in the order but no deals on it unfortunately.I suspect the outdoor stuff is too new to be much deals going.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

Rew wrote: »
    They worked out at about €91 each for the light strips, I bought a bunch of Hue stuff in the order but no deals on it unfortunately.I suspect the outdoor stuff is too new to be much deals going.

Tyty

One of the light strips has a stuck LED, that section is green when the rest is white :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭EletricMan

I heard that these strip lights give alot of problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement