Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard Drive for Macbook

Options
  • 10-10-2018 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

I've got a Toshiba 1TB external hard drive that I was originally using it with Windows laptop but when I changed to a Macbook. I found that it was not fully compatible with the Mac. I could see my files on the hard drive and drag them to the Mac but I couldn't drag files from the Mac to the hard drive. Google suggested that I had to format the hard drive to make it compatible.

I want to get one now that's compatible with the Macbook straight out of the box and I'll need to copy all of the files from the Toshiba 1TB hard drive I already have to it.

Is there any hard drive that is fully compatible with Windows and Mac computers straight out of the box with no need for formatting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

search amazon for external hard drive hfs+ , hfs+ is the file system mac uses although they are easy enough to format if you do get stuck

Advertisement