Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hip brace buggy question

• 10-10-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Hi, my friends little girl who is seven months old needs a hip brace but now she doesn't fit in her buggy or car seat. Any one any advice or recommendations? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

We put a biscuit tin (padded!) underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I'm the buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LittleWhiteDog

The britax two way elite car seat should work for babies in a hip brace. It has very low sides, not sure if it is suitable for 7 month olds, in car safety centre have a website & are brilliant for advice on car seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Yes. The problem was that the y shape of the legs was too wide, so it lifted her high enough that the legs were above the sides? Hard to explain!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Hi Daisy, I get what you are saying. I think she went up a size in brace today so I don't even know if that would work. Thanks for the responses so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I don’t know, but I wonder would putting an inflatable car seat in buggy help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

This might be worth her looking at....
    I think I remember reading that In Car Safety in Belfast also provide some kind of service for babies in casts.

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/ie-en/service/hip-safety-service.aspx#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I can't be helpful about buggies as its a long time ago since my daughter was in a hip spica ! But a warning from me , be very careful putting her into a shopping trolly ! I got my daughter into the seat but then found I couldn't get her out again and needed two men in Superquinn to pull apart the metal and get her out !

My solution back then was to swap my buggy with a friends as she could fit in hers and not in my own ! Maybe a friends buggy will suit your baby better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

My girl went into a brace at 8 months. My out and about nipper still worked grand and I moved her into her joie stages for the car seat. Brittax TWE or Maxi cosi opal are recommended for hip braces/spica but I found the stages fine, that was for a medium size brace

Advertisement