Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lovecraft Country [HBO]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I must be thick but I am on about my 4th attempt of watching episode 1.

I'm done. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The tone was all over the place. The characters actions were disjointed and inconsistent. The main characters were racist and the racist white characters were over the top racist.

So many episodes I’m asking why would anyone do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A disappointing end to all of that. Yes there was a twist in the middle but I seen it before it was Leti did and guessed that it was not her sister and that the other thing belonged to her.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

fritzelly wrote:
    Finished it but if there is a second series I won't be bothering to watch it

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thought the first episode was great and some good moments throughout including the Korea episode but too disjointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

AMKC wrote: »
    A disappointing end to all of that. Yes there was a twist in the middle but I seen it before it was Leti did and guessed that it was not her sister and that the other thing belonged to her.

The singing in the car was the giveaway, Ruby would have been singing out loud not mumbling along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Finished it today. Didn't really like it as a series at all. First episode was good, but felt it went downhill. Ending episodes were meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

titan18 wrote: »
    Finished it today. Didn't really like it as a series at all. First episode was good, but felt it went downhill. Ending episodes were meh.
    Yeah, first episode was interesting, but it went downhill after that. Left it after episode 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought Christina was the most likeable character in it and she was supposed to be the baddie everyone hated.

Thought Christina was the most likeable character in it and she was supposed to be the baddie everyone hated.

She came across as cold not evil, thought Montrose was going to be the real bad guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She came across as cold not evil, thought Montrose was going to be the real bad guy

I think she really did like Ruby though until she found out she betrayed her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Where did she get the arm?

Ms

Where did get the arm?

The future or alternate reality that her aunt or Mum went too maybe. Why her arm went they it went in the first place was not explained unless one of the remains touched her there and it done that.
    It was strange do the way she just had this new arm all of a sudden.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

AMKC wrote: »
    The future or alternate reality that her aunt or Mum went too maybe. Why her arm went they it went in the first place was not explained unless one of the remains touched her there and it done that.
    It was strange do the way she just had this new arm all of a sudden.

There are some things cut. It never shows her getting the protector demon, that was Atticus that got the mark not her. She didn’t have the arm in the car so she most go through the portal when they are all fighting Christina. When she turns up she has changed, no longer a frightened girl but in control. It would make more sense having Leti kill her, she is Ruby’s sister, more payoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cancelled

Not surprised,

Ms

One of the strangest shows I have ever watched. I would watch it again but ye it did get a bit messed up and convulted at times.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm late to the party.

I just watched episode one. class.

episode 2 coming up.

Advertisement