Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology/Mental health jobs in Limerick

• 11-10-2018 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’ll be returning to Limerick after being abroad for 4 years this January. I have a psychology degree and two years experience working in both a mental health hospital and as a youth worker in a homeless shelter.

Having not been in Limerick since finishing my degree, I’m wondering what kind of jobs there are out there for someone wanting to work in the psychology/mental health field? Particularly interested to hear from those who may also work in that field. From browsing indeed.com, jobs in this area seem scarce. One company I’ve seen is Jigsaw, is anyone aware of any other companies/ organizations like this? Particularly in youth mental health.

Thanks for any and all information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I don't work in youth mental health but am an allied health professional. I did see Limerick Youth Service recently recruiting though not specifically for a mental health role. activelink.ie would be much better for you than indeed.com

My best advice to you is to get out and start volunteering. The Learning Hub in Kileely or the youth service would be good places to start. A lot of these jobs in limerick are got through who you know and are not openly advertised. As someone who works in the field and has a lot of community connections I am often offered roles that I am not in a position to take but I do not see openly advertised. Limerick Mental Health week is on this week. Great opportunity to get out there and make connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Look on activelink.ie novas looking for a dual diagnosis worker... sounds right up your street.

Advertisement