Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for steel shed

• 11-10-2018 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi there, I am looking to purchase an insulated steel shed to use as a utility room, the quotes I am getting are averaging at €3000, can anyone recommend somewhere in the Cork area that might be more reasonable? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Try O'Riordan's Sheds up by Charleville: http://www.oriordansheds.ie/

Dunno about prices but they were great to deal with when I was sorting one out (not for myself) a good while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

We got our one from SteelTec just past Dunnes on the Bandon Road. Would recommend them to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

We got a 13.5ft X 10ft shed from Adtech (Hanleys, Kinsale road roundabout) 2 years ago. I think it was 1800 in total. The concrete base was 700 of that.

My memory is crap, it might have been 1800 for the shed and 700 for the base! No complaints, 3 guys arrived and laid the base one day when we were at work (my nosy neighbour told me). Another day the shed was installed and on a 3rd day there was finishing work by the builders. We never met any of them, except for payment, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I suspect the replies above relate to bog standard uninsulated sheds. 3k seems a good price for what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hunnybunny100

Thats great, thanks for all the suggestions!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kearney68

How did that go for you mate?Looking myself atm for 6m by 3m home office/garden room and I am torn between O Riordans sheds and Hanleys.
    O Riordans sheds are the better price all in for what we want, just wondering has anyone on here any dealings with them? It's a lot of money so want to make sure they're reliable and the building is long lasting, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

kearney68 wrote: »
    How did that go for you mate?Looking myself atm for 6m by 3m home office/garden room and I am torn between O Riordans sheds and Hanleys.
    O Riordans sheds are the better price all in for what we want, just wondering has anyone on here any dealings with them? It's a lot of money so want to make sure they're reliable and the building is long lasting, thanks

Good people to deal with. I was part of a club which had one built in UCC a few years back and it's still going strong.

Advertisement