Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Probook 4540s - not connecting to Projetor or Duplicating screen

Options
  • 11-10-2018 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Hi,

I posted this yesterday in Laptops, but might get more traction here.

I recently rebuilt my Probook 4540s Win7 64bit, installed new chipset and drivers from the HP site. It has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 card

Apart from one, crucial, aspect - I can no longer duplicate my screen over to another device. I've tried with a Hitachi Projector and a HP monitor. But no luck.

In device manager, there are a couple of Base System Devices and an Unknown device - see screenshot - which I can't figure out so haven't been able to locate drivers.

btw - when I plug in the monitor, it does show up in 'Devices and Printers' as functioning well.

Any advice very gratefully received!

Speeds

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=463459&d=1539185069

Advertisement