Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening hedging machinery

Options
  • 11-10-2018 10:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭

Will they ever invented a petrol hedge trimmer which will actually run without having to pull ones muscles from the bone trying to start up ?

Have you ever felt like tossing your hedge trimmer over the hedge and leaving it there...

It shouldn't be hard to make them reliable...

Help lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

nthclare wrote: »
    It shouldn't be hard to make them reliable...

In my experience most tools with small petrol engines tend to be very reliable.

If you mind them that is.

What do you need help with?

Have you checked is it getting fuel? Have you checked the sparkplug?

Is it doing anything at all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

wexie wrote: »
    In my experience most tools with small petrol engines tend to be very reliable.

If you mind them that is.

What do you need help with?

Have you checked is it getting fuel? Have you checked the sparkplug?

Is it doing anything at all?

I only use it frequently to do buxus hedges and cutting back semi hard wood in the autumn.
    There's around 5 people frequently using it.

Just met one of the lads,he told me there's a loose connection...

Hes coming up the estate with me after tea, we work in a country estate....

You know yourself, a tractor only works to its fullest potential when everyone drive's them properly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

nthclare wrote: »

You know yourself, a tractor only works to its fullest potential when everyone drive's them properly...

And there's always one fecker :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

wexie wrote: »
    And there's always one fecker :pac:

Or two lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I changed from a petrol hedge trimmer to a battery powered long reach stihl this summer. massive difference, no hassle starting it up and wish i changed sooner. great piece of kit (balance is off though on the long reach version)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

I use a B&D battery hedgetrimmer - fantastic piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭paulbok

+1 for a better trimmer.
    Got a Qualcast battery hedge trimmer during the summer. Such a difference to using a petrol one. Slight trade off in power, and of course running time, need to cut more often to avoid anything getting too strong, but I can use it far longer as it's not that heavy. Get a good 20-30 minutes running time, takes ~ an hour to recharge so in-between I can give the arms and back a rest and rake up what's cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have a Stihl Combi but I also have a Lidl cordless hedge cutter. It's a brilliant machine especially for €50

Advertisement