Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir ECC charges

Options
  • 11-10-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello, does anyone else have a problem with eir, after contract finished we change broadband company and now eir want to charge ecc , yes I tried to contact by email, unfortunately email is not working, tried to call customer care service - they keep hunging up the phone, tried live chat- always disconecting, have live chat conversation screenshots and also that email is not working, where should i go to stop them charge me from ecc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

alina1403 wrote: »
    Hello, does anyone else have a problem with eir, after contract finished we change broadband company and now eir want to charge ecc , yes I tried to contact by email, unfortunately email is not working, tried to call customer care service - they keep hunging up the phone, tried live chat- always disconecting, have live chat conversation screenshots and also that email is not working, where should i go to stop them charge me from ecc
    Hi there alina1403

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here. If you're disputing ECC charges, you have to call Customer Care directly so they can have a look at this and if those charges are incorrect, they will be able to rectify this. You can try 1800303610 and just explain to them what you're inquiring about

-Kyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

If you’re out of contract and disputing the charge do it via their online complaints form.
    If you get no satisfaction, report it to ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 alina1403

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there alina1403

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here. If you're disputing ECC charges, you have to call Customer Care directly so they can have a look at this and if those charges are incorrect, they will be able to rectify this. You can try 1800303610 and just explain to them what you're inquiring about

-Kyle

Thanks but the number again says wrong department, transfer to another, another is wrong department again, and at the end just hang the phone

• Subscribers Posts: 689 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I went through the 'moving home' procedure with Eir. They tend to close the account for your old address and open you up a new account, which is fair enough. However, I started receiving random bills from my old account...  3 bills of vastly different amounts in 5 weeks as well as bills to my new account. I spent over an hour trying to troubleshoot it with various reps on the phone. They told me it was something to do with a broken bundle. In the end they just left me on hold and didn't get back to me.

So I hung up and decided I was going to sort it out through my bank rather than waste any more time trying to deal with their sh*t show. I canceled my direct debit, went in to the bank and filled out a direct debit refund form. I was reimbursed by my bank within 48 hours. If you are being unfairly charged maybe go to your bank for a refund or cancel your direct debit?

The state Eir are in now... it is by far the worst example of customer service I have ever come across, absolute dire circumstances they are in. I pity their staff. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bryan48

Isn't it a very unfriendly charge when eir bills you for calls that never connected? I mean you have to wait a while when the number you want is ringing but if you wait too long, you get an answering machine which you don't want and you are charged a connection fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement