Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor cameras for ST & GH

Options
  • 11-10-2018 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be in the US for a week at the start of Nov & would like to get a few cameras to keep an eye on the outside of the house. Already have a ST hub & a Google Home. Thinking that the Arlo wireless ones would be my best bet to avoid having to run cables & drill holes in walls but just wondering if there's anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Options worth looking at:

- Nest Outdoor camera
    - Logitech Circle 2 cameras

Though they require power, but then there are some advantages to having power over battery if you can.

Yi Outdoor Camera is another cheaper option, doesn't with GH or ST, but then I don't find that you really need those for basic security. The phone app is the most important things, GH support is an added bonus.

But yes, Arlo Pro 2 are pretty decent too. They just have some downsides being battery powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

opus wrote: »
    I'm going to be in the US for a week at the start of Nov & would like to get a few cameras to keep an eye on the outside of the house. Already have a ST hub & a Google Home. Thinking that the Arlo wireless ones would be my best bet to avoid having to run cables & drill holes in walls but just wondering if there's anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Worth looking at Blink XT cameras too. Fully battery powered so no wires & batteries last 2 years before changing. Amazon company though do no Google integration.

Advertisement