Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyce House - Baby registration (queues)

Options
  • 11-10-2018 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

Do you know how are the queues in Joyce House to register newborns? 
    We need to go there to register our baby girl and so I'm not sure if  we need to suffer on queues in traffic early morning to get there at 9am or if it's ok to go later in the morning.
    Also, does anyone knows how long does it take?

Thanks in advance,
    Bruno

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Haven't been there since Feb 2017 (but will have to go again within the next few weeks), but it was bloody mental back then. It's grand with a newborn because they just eat and sleep, but I am dreading bringing my toddler along. Will do everything in my power to avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bleal1906

So leaving home 8am it is... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I was in there around 3pm a few weeks ago to get a birth certificate. Big waiting room with around 60 odd seats. And there were just 3 people (including me) in the whole room. I was done in 15 mins. The 15 mins includes filling in the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

you don't actually need to bring the baby with you for the registration, most don't realise that - saves alot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

We went there at 9:30am in the 1st week of last december and we were the only people there. Not sure what their busy time is but worth calling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 bleal1906

Thank you everyone. We got there at 9:10am and only 1 baby was there ahead of us so it was quite quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

I was there a few weeks ago around 9.15 and I was the only one there. Two years ago it took over an hour. Must have staffed up!

Advertisement