Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir account closed, but your bill shows it in credit

Options
  • 11-10-2018 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

HI
    Long and involved story - but after eir's complete failure to supply me (by post) with a replacement micro-sim to fit my new phone, I've moved to a more sensible, responsive supplier.

Eir has just sent me a final bill - showing a credit on my account - which is fine.
    It's a tiny amount - but (on past performance) I expect you'll waste the price of a stamp every month from now until hell freezes over to inform me that my account is just a few euro in credit.

I would phone you to explain, and to suggest that you simply refund the amount back to my credit card (you have the details on file) - but I know that your phone system won't let me call in without providing a phone number - and that it probably won't accept my (now transferred) ex-meteor, ex-eir phone number as it's no longer associated with a 'live' account with yourselves.

Frankly, for the small amount of credit that the bill currently shows, I don't care what you do with it - put it in the charity box, whatever - I just want to sever all connections with eir, as you are just so difficult to deal with..

So - what's the easiest way to ensure that I never hear from eir again?
    Old mobile number was 086 887 9450, by the way...

Thanks
    Adrian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I closed my broadband/landline account with them months ago and still get a monthly email which is a duplicate of my last bill asking for 60 odd euro. Thank goodness they send an email I can ignore and don't waste money on posting it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adrianglass

I closed my broadband/landline account with them months ago and still get a monthly email which is a duplicate of my last bill asking for 60 odd euro. Thank goodness they send an email I can ignore and don't waste money on posting it out :D
    They do seem to be a little disorganised, don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

HI
    Long and involved story - but after eir's complete failure to supply me (by post) with a replacement micro-sim to fit my new phone, I've moved to a more sensible, responsive supplier.

Eir has just sent me a final bill - showing a credit on my account - which is fine.
    It's a tiny amount - but (on past performance) I expect you'll waste the price of a stamp every month from now until hell freezes over to inform me that my account is just a few euro in credit.

I would phone you to explain, and to suggest that you simply refund the amount back to my credit card (you have the details on file) - but I know that your phone system won't let me call in without providing a phone number - and that it probably won't accept my (now transferred) ex-meteor, ex-eir phone number as it's no longer associated with a 'live' account with yourselves.

Frankly, for the small amount of credit that the bill currently shows, I don't care what you do with it - put it in the charity box, whatever - I just want to sever all connections with eir, as you are just so difficult to deal with..

Thanks
    Adrian
    Hi there Adrian

All refunds can only be processed to a card/bank account by contacting either the Web chat team or by ringing 1800303610.

We are aware of the long call-waiting times and completely understand how frustrating this must be. So, if you just want to bring the balance to zero so that you do not receive any more notification letters, just PM me your mobile & account number, full registered name & address, email & DOB.

Once I get all that information, I will assist you there

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adrianglass

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    HI

Thanks
    Adrian
    Hi there Adrian

All refunds can only be processed to a card/bank account by contacting either the Web chat team or by ringing 1800303610.

We are aware of the long call-waiting times and completely understand how frustrating this must be. So, if you just want to bring the balance to zero so that you do not receive any more notification letters, just PM me your mobile & account number, full registered name & address, email & DOB.

-Kyle
    OK - will pm you.
    As I say, for the small amount of credit that's involved, it's simply not worth my time waiting in line to talk to an operator by phone - and, in my recent experience, your webchat people (though they might be well-intentioned) are completely ineffective at solving my problems.
    It might be worth saying that I was a previous eir customer (for landline / broadband, both privately and as part of a business) and vowed never to waste my time with eir again. Imagine my delight when eir took over my (previously smoothly-running) Meteor mobile account!

Since then it's been problem after problem - compounded by your (frankly useless) webchat people.
    Anyway - if I PM you my details will you promise that eir will never contact me again?
    Thanks
    Adrian

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    HI

Thanks
    Adrian
    Hi there Adrian

-Kyle
    OK - will pm you.
    As I say, for the small amount of credit that's involved, it's simply not worth my time waiting in line to talk to an operator by phone - and, in my recent experience, your webchat people (though they might be well-intentioned) are completely ineffective at solving my problems.
    It might be worth saying that I was a previous eir customer (for landline / broadband, both privately and as part of a business) and vowed never to waste my time with eir again. Imagine my delight when eir took over my (previously smoothly-running) Meteor mobile account!

Since then it's been problem after problem - compounded by your (frankly useless) webchat people.
    Anyway - if I PM you my details will you promise that eir will never contact me again?
    Thanks
    Adrian
    Hi there Adrian

Thank you for all the information.  I've responded to your PM

-Kyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

5 years and counting and I still get a bill every month to tell me I'm in credit!

antodeco wrote: »
    5 years and counting and I still get a bill every month to tell me I'm in credit!
    Hi there antodeco

Would you like this refunded back into a bank account or just cleared so that you don't receive bills anymore?

-Kyle

Advertisement