Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation of account

Options
  • 11-10-2018 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I tried calling you guys 3 weeks ago to cancel. Couldn't get through and 1 time I stuck it out on hold for over 2 hours. So I took to your webpage to find an alternative way. Reading your terms and conditions it stated that I had to cancel in writing and provide 30 days notice. I prob should have read those first. So I wrote to you, which you received on the 1st or second October giving notice. Tried following up today but again no answer on the phones. Contacted webchat who told me that my account was not set to cancel and I should call you. I would if I could get through. Contact complaints by email and they told me that my letter of cancellation was refused as it has to be done over the phone.

Well, this clearly condridicts your website and the terms and condition of our agreement. I have contacted comreg and forwarded information request they want to your complaints team but they haven't come back.

Can you tells us all here what your cancellation policy is and how it can be different to the terms and conditions of service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

oppiuy wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried calling you guys 3 weeks ago to cancel. Couldn't get through and 1 time I stuck it out on hold for over 2 hours. So I took to your webpage to find an alternative way. Reading your terms and conditions it stated that I had to cancel in writing and provide 30 days notice. I prob should have read those first. So I wrote to you, which you received on the 1st or second October giving notice. Tried following up today but again no answer on the phones. Contacted webchat who told me that my account was not set to cancel and I should call you. I would if I could get through. Contact complaints by email and they told me that my letter of cancellation was refused as it has to be done over the phone.

Well, this clearly condridicts your website and the terms and condition of our agreement. I have contacted comreg and forwarded information request they want to your complaints team but they haven't come back.

Can you tells us all here what your cancellation policy is and how it can be different to the terms and conditions of service
    Hi there oppiuy

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

So sorry to hear about all this.  If a case was raised with ComReg, they will be directly in touch with Complaints. Please send me your account number, email address and any reference numbers you might have in a PM and I will follow up on this for you

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there oppiuy

So sorry to hear about all this.  If a case was raised with ComReg, they will be directly in touch with Complaints. Please send me your account number, email address and any reference numbers you might have in a PM and I will follow up on this for you

-Kyle
    PM sent

Spent all day trying to get this resolved and staff in every channel saying the letter was rejected as it has to be done over the phone.. I called cancellations again on the way home and your ivr cancellation section has a message saying that cancellations can be sent in writing.. Maybe the I've is lying but maybe a memo could be sent out to front line staff.. Eir could also employee some staff to answer the phones instead of laying folks off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

oppiuy wrote: »
    eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there oppiuy

-Kyle
    PM sent

Spent all day trying to get this resolved and staff in every channel saying the letter was rejected as it has to be done over the phone.. I called cancellations again on the way home and your ivr cancellation section has a message saying that cancellations can be sent in writing.. Maybe the I've is lying but maybe a memo could be sent out to front line staff.. Eir could also employee some staff to answer the phones instead of laying folks off
    Thank you so much oppiuy

I've responded back to you there

-Kyle

Advertisement