Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing to Eir

Options
  • 11-10-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

I''m currently with Vodafone and almost at the end of my contract (I think). Considering switching to Eir but have a question. I'm also paying for BT Sports with SKy, if I switch to Eir do I get the Eir sport pack free on my sky box? Sky Q and Sky Q Mini

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I''m currently with Vodafone and almost at the end of my contract (I think). Considering switching to Eir but have a question. I'm also paying for BT Sports with SKy, if I switch to Eir do I get the Eir sport pack free on my sky box? Sky Q and Sky Q Mini

Don't do it... You'll regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

oppiuy wrote: »

Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Why?
    Read the threads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

You will regret it, that is a guarantee, avoid like the plague.

Dcully wrote: »

If your lucky and the service works as intended you'll have no issues but when you want a correct bill or help to fix and issue well good luck.. just for fun, try ringing customer care tomorrow and see how long it takes to get through.. read the threads here to see the hassle people have trying to sort simple queries.. it's really bad.. and then try cancelling, oh lord. I'll never be back.

When a customer is leaving that's the lasting impression they have of you.. treating people like they do, I doubt anyone returns

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what to do so, I'm with Vodafone and they're a disaster

I'm not sure what to do so, I'm with Vodafone and they're a disaster

Are virgin in your area.. I have no recent experience with them but my neighbors and friends who do seem happy enough with the service.

Also if you have good broadband, there are iptv providers out there who give you all the channels at a fraction of the cost of the main providers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dcully wrote: »

If your lucky and the service works as intended you'll have no issues but when you want a correct bill or help to fix and issue well good luck.. just for fun, try ringing customer care tomorrow and see how long it takes to get through.. read the threads here to see the hassle people have trying to sort simple queries.. it's really bad.. and then try cancelling, oh lord. I'll never be back.

When a customer is leaving that's the lasting impression they have of you.. treating people like they do, I doubt anyone returns
    Not true about having no issues, i have eir years and no end of isssues and a total nightmare to get anything sorted, im talking weeks to months for the smallest of things.

Thankfully im out of contract and looking around at the alternatives at the moment.

Well i'm guessing the fact they never even bothered to reply means I can safely assume their customer service is a disaster. Bullet dodged by the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Rebel_Kn1ght, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

The eir Sport service would be free to our customers, you can view all the details here 

The first box is free (included within the package) and[font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font][font=Calibri, sans-serif]then any additional boxes are charged at €25.00 up to max 4 boxes. T[/font]he mini boxes are also free and covers up to 4 boxes. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement